Man LIGHTS HIMSELF ON FIRE outside Trump Trial

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 3:42 am

Yeah this is pretty awful, on youtube I saw a video of a couple news reporters when
it happened the woman was yelling about fire near the bulding and there was a guy reporter too who was just staring open mouthed like in shock of what he was seeing, and like I think that guy should get to a trauma therapist asap because he was in shock and if he gets help in time maybe it wont develop into PTSD cause PTSD f*****g sucks * oh that is in the posted video but yeah like they seem a bit traumatized from seeing that.

But yeah seems like they don't know for sure why this individual lit themself on fire, but just awful way to die and just seeing those reporters like panicking trying to figure how to even report on it when it was at the same time probably trauma inducing to see something like that. Like I suppose maybe they should both get therapy. I guess the guy got the medias attention but...for f***s sake what was the point that this guy lit himself on fire for, like they didn't have to die like that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 3:55 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Yeah people dying after burning themselves alive is sooo funny. :roll:

Ah, sorry RDF.

I sometimes have a dark sense of humour - I realize that might have been insensitive in this case.

It's ok. At least you did apologize. :heart: I'm so used to people online being snippy with me for trying to have empathy... :oops:

But yeah I think it's really tragic that there are people who are literally this crazy over Trump. Crazy enough to give him all their money or even put themselves in harm's way.

I rememember watching a documentary about the cult ran by Jim Jones and this is exactly what the Trumpism movement makes me think of.

The people who survived the horrors of that cult were interviewed and you could tell they had remourse. I wish people in Trump's cult could be helped, but how can you help deprogram what has become a national movement? I mean for the Nazis in Germany it took a world war and having their country literally torn in half for the Germans to come to their senses.

I don't want that for my country or any other country. :(

I think you are right like it is hard for me to have any sympathy for people who are killing or trying to kill our democracy, but at the same time a bunch of them are just basically brainwashed followers which in general I would pity that but idk I just hate them because how can they fall for that?...but like how can you even bring them back from the brainwashing? Is there a way or or they all really lost causes? though for my safety I just see them all as lost causes and try to avoid those sorts as much as possible.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 8:03 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Yeah people dying after burning themselves alive is sooo funny. :roll:

Ah, sorry RDF.

I sometimes have a dark sense of humour - I realize that might have been insensitive in this case.

It's ok. At least you did apologize. :heart: I'm so used to people online being snippy with me for trying to have empathy... :oops:

But yeah I think it's really tragic that there are people who are literally this crazy over Trump. Crazy enough to give him all their money or even put themselves in harm's way.

I rememember watching a documentary about the cult ran by Jim Jones and this is exactly what the Trumpism movement makes me think of.

The people who survived the horrors of that cult were interviewed and you could tell they had remourse. I wish people in Trump's cult could be helped, but how can you help deprogram what has become a national movement? I mean for the Nazis in Germany it took a world war and having their country literally torn in half for the Germans to come to their senses.

I don't want that for my country or any other country. :(

I think you are right like it is hard for me to have any sympathy for people who are killing or trying to kill our democracy, but at the same time a bunch of them are just basically brainwashed followers which in general I would pity that but idk I just hate them because how can they fall for that?...but like how can you even bring them back from the brainwashing? Is there a way or or they all really lost causes? though for my safety I just see them all as lost causes and try to avoid those sorts as much as possible.

Yeah I feel that on every level. I mean I myself have family members who support Trumpy and as much as I hate him I'm not just going to turn my back on my own family and quit loving them over their support for the Orange Antichrist.

It's like all I can do is just not bring up Trump in a conversation when I visit them. :|

neilinmich
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2024, 12:34 pm

A tragedy on many levels. What a horrible way to go! His manifesto sounded so much like all the other conspiracy theories we know aren't true.
His manifesto said, at the end, that he couldn't report any details or proof about his theory because the government has his laptop which contains his research. He doesn't give any details about how they got it other than it was a fun story. That's exactly what you would expect a conspiracy theorist to say, so he'll have an excuse for never providing any proof or evidence for his theory.
This bothers me logically.
I don't think the government would actually take the laptop of a lone crazy person. And this guy is so sadly crazy. But that would mean he's conciously lying about the government taking his laptop. And that would mean he knows his entire theory is a lie. But why would he then kill himself over something he knows he's lying about? I'm stuck.

Is this really how far down the rabbit hole goes?

Oh wait, maybe there's a silver lining here. News flash: 3 Trump members of the House of Representatives set each other on fire today to protest the Nazi regime in Ukraine.

I apologize if that last sentence offends anyone that isn't already crazy.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 1:27 pm

neilinmich wrote:
What a horrible way to go!.

The few times I have touched something scalding hot is some of the most intense pain I have felt. They were minor burns over a very small area and that level of pain lasted a second or so. It is well beyond me to imagine the experience of being completely on fire. And he and the few others who have done this, volunteered to do it. I guess I have to give them credit for dedication but man.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 9:20 pm

I really like the "Marge vs. The Monorail" episode. Oh wait, it must be because I'm brainwashed. Because if you like anything it must mean you are brainwashed. :roll:

Seriously, a cartoon? In the 90s I watched the classic Simpsons quite a bit, and I had horrible anxiety about Y2K and the world ending in general. The Simpsons then made an episode about Y2K in 1999. Then 2000 came and the computers did not all suddenly think it was 1900.

The Simpsons doesn't make people stupid and brainwashed, but it's shown, in a slightly exaggerated fashion, how stupid and easily brainwashed humans can be. Look at real life cults such as Jehovah's Witnesses or the KKK, they're what really brainwash people.