Oregon Board of Education Bans Native American Mascots

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:25 pm

Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Will it ever come down to white people caring that their are sports teams with names like Celtics, Fighting Irish, Vikings, Spartans, Trojans, etc?

I don't think whites care about sport teams with those names.

The question wasn't "do they care about the names?", it was "will they ever care?"

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:28 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Will it ever come down to white people caring that their are sports teams with names like Celtics, Fighting Irish, Vikings, Spartans, Trojans, etc?

The question wasn't "do they care about the names?", it was "will they ever care?"

Oh sorry about that I misread the questioin and my answer is no.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:28 pm

Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:32 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

Cause you really can't make a case against it.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:33 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:40 pm

Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

White people will never see get insulted by sports teams that use their names?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:45 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

Not really I mean I don't see what it insulting about Celtics, Fighting Irish, Vikings, Spartans, Trojans, or any other white ethnic group cause when your white their isn't anything racist you can say about a white person.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:53 pm

Joker wrote:
scubasteve wrote:
Joker wrote:
Because the blacks and the jews where not killed off and had their land taken from them...

:? You might want to check your facts on that one...

The black where taken from their land Jews still fight to keep theirs us Natives had it taken from us my facts are right.

I really don't see how being taken from your land into slavery could possibly be seen as better than having land taken from you... If anything, it seems much worse.

And in the Jews' case, yes, they did. (I am referring to land owned in Europe in the 1930s-40s. Not to Israel.)

Anyway, how that statement would support your point about Native American related team names, I have no idea.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 11:00 pm

scubasteve wrote:
Joker wrote:
scubasteve wrote:
Joker wrote:
Because the blacks and the jews where not killed off and had their land taken from them...

The black where taken from their land Jews still fight to keep theirs us Natives had it taken from us my facts are right.

I really don't see how being taken from your land into slavery could possibly be seen as better than having land taken from you... If anything, it seems much worse.

Not only was it taken from us we where all victims of mass geneocide if you know anything about the trial of tears you should read about it.

And in the Jews' case, yes, they did. (I am referring to land owned in Europe in the 1930s-40s.)

In the 1930-1940s the land was more owned by the nazis at the time after the war was over it was the soviets killing the jews off next.

Anyway, how that statement would support your point about Native American related team names, I have no idea.

It doesn't support it at all really I just get a lil hot headed when thinking about why they would take down a inidian mascot but yet it's okay to have a white one seems pretty bias.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 11:05 pm

Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

Not really I mean I don't see what it insulting about Celtics, Fighting Irish, Vikings, Spartans, Trojans, or any other white ethnic group cause when your white their isn't anything racist you can say about a white person.

White people are impervious to racism?

:lol:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 11:08 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

Pretty much I mean what can you say racist to a white person that is offensive :?: also whites are attacked killed for being white by certin groups thats true but who the hell isn't :lol:

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 11:12 pm

Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

Pretty much I mean what can you say racist to a white person that is offensive :?: also whites are attacked killed for being white by certin groups thats true but who the hell isn't :lol:

I think you need to reconsider your assumption.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 11:16 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

Name one racial slur for a white person and I will. Oh and it is not a assumption me family all agree with this so it's a family opinon and I'm ginger white as a ghost with red hair. And of native america descent so I'll ask again what is a racial slur for some one that is white that is racist?

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 11:31 pm

Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

Name one racial slur for a white person and I will. Oh and it is not a assumption me family all agree with this so it's a family opinon and I'm ginger white as a ghost with red hair. And of native america descent so I'll ask again what is a racial slur for some one that is white that is racist?

I don't have to. I'm white and I've been insulted by racial slurs.

8O

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 11:34 pm

snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Joker wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Why not?

I don't have to. I'm white and I've been insulted by racial slurs.

8O

How ive been called cracker that's a food honky that's a sound pasty which is a glue ect racial slurs can not offend me cause their funny to me theirs not a raical slur for white people that hurts.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 7:08 pm

Joker wrote:
scubasteve wrote:
Joker wrote:

The Jews had their land taken by the Romans in 70A.D. and then the Arabs took it after them.

Using the Jews as a mascot isn't such a bad idea to call BS on the debate about Indian mascots. Call the school the Rabbis and submit a cartoon of a yamika-wearing skeleton with a smokestack in the background, and then suddenly a historically accurate cartoon of a local Indian tribe won't seem so offensive in comparison. The debate over race-based mascots is absurd and everybody would be best off following the lead of Irish Catholics and take it lightly.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud