Mom kills disabled daughter and self due to bullying

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 2:43 pm

Really depressing story. :( I guess the mom thought this was the only way out for her and her daughter since the police weren't doing anything about the situation.

http://news.aol.com/article/inquest-tol ... led/677119

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 3:05 pm

I am so sorry that people are that insensitive and can make someone's life miserable for over a decade. :(

How come she didn't want to move to another place, away from these kids?

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 3:33 pm

Quote:
How come she didn't want to move to another place, away from these kids?

That is an interesting question, however you have to take things into consideration. She might have not been able to move financially, she might be in council housing (virtually impossible to be relocated through those) or maybe she wanted to be happy in her own home. I think it is appauling that once again, ret*d thugs (I went there...) have won and an innocent mother, daughter and rabbit have died and for what? Because someone felt it was right to terrorize a woman just because her kids had special needs. Just sick. I wish I didn't live in this country anymore... :(

19 Sep 2009, 3:56 pm

Just wow and I wonder how could someone stay in a burning car to get burned to death?

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 4:29 pm

Wow... :(

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Sep 2009, 7:47 pm

I had not heard of this and its in my county.. Leicestershire is getting worse for yobs. The police arent very good here.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 8:41 pm

Roman wrote:
I am so sorry that people are that insensitive and can make someone's life miserable for over a decade. :(

people, especially kids, can be undeniably cruel. i just graduated from high school this past year and was picked on even then. 13 years of school and some of my classmates still mocked me for something i have no control over.

i'm disgusted that the police did nothing after repeated calls for the same things from the same person. its horrible that the mother felt that a suicide/homicide was the only way out for herself and her daughter.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 9:18 pm

Authorities sympathise with the tormentors - they are strong, they are powerful, the victims are weak - it's the law of the jungle out there. As far as they're concerned it's good to get rid of these looters anyway...

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 9:34 pm

I'd rather be bothered by my neighbors than burned alive by my mother...

EC
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2009, 1:26 pm

She couldn't have waited till Halloween and killed some of them before going down this terrible path? Also, I feel bad about the rabbit.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 3:05 pm

I saw this on the news, it nearly made me cry. :(

The bullies who caused this and the police who allowed it really ought to burn in hell. And I don't normally say that, because I don't even believe in hell.

y es como un semestre"

cc469
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2009, 5:03 pm

That's why bullies should be punished as severely and instantly as touching a fire.
Every time.

Only that way whatever remains of their situation will make them stop bullying.

Katie_WPG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2009, 5:22 pm

Police and thugs aside...

This woman obviously wasn't right in the head. Being tormented in your own neighbourhood, and being unable to move due to living on the dole is terrible. But how could she have possibly thought that killing her daughter was a proper solution? Why not her son as well? Or would he have fought her too hard, due to not being as disabled as the girl? But she knew that her daughter wouldn't realize what's happening until it's too late, so it's okay to take her down with her?

Lack of credible police services, lack of mental health services. Sad.

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 12:36 am

Katie_WPG wrote:
But how could she have possibly thought that killing her daughter was a proper solution? Why not her son as well?

I am not going to justify her actions because I don't agree with them. From my perspective she should have just moved out. Even if in her situation it would have been horribly inconvenient, living homeless is not as bad as killing oneself and one's own daughter.

But, just to answer your question as to why she killed her daughet and not her son, here it goes: Because these bullies were after her daughter's disability, so there is no reason they would be after her son once the daughter is out of the picture, which means that she doesn't have to "take" her son "out of misery".

In fact, following that logic, one might ask how come she killed herself as well, instead of ONLY killing her daughter. THe answer is that if her daughter was the only one killed, it would look like she "punished" her daughter for causing the problem. But, if she killed herself and her daughter at the same time then it looks like they are "on the same side" and she took both out of the misery. And that is true: since she was bullied FOR her daughter.

This is another answer why she didn't kill her son: her son was not accompanying her daughet the way she was, so he wasn't suffering for her daughter the way she was, either.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 9:31 am

Depression can make people do terrible things. That is really what it all boils down to. If she was unable to move and no one was able to help her...then I can see why she had to do something drastic. I mean the police werent doing s**t. This kind of stuff is why we have school shootings. People arent going to listen to you unless you do something drastic. They just dont take things like bullying and the after effects like depression seriously anymore.

EC wrote:
She couldn't have waited till Halloween and killed some of them before going down this terrible path? Also, I feel bad about the rabbit.

Heh...is it wrong of me to agree that that would've been a better idea? She wouldve saved other neighbors from these terrible boys in the process. :twisted: