Operation Phish Phry: FBI Arrests 33 for Internet Scam

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Oct 2009, 5:16 pm

Operation Phish Phry: FBI Arrests 33 for Internet Scam

Quote:
In a press conference at its Los Angeles headquarters, the FBI announced "Operation Phish Phry," the bust-up of an international identity theft ring. The operation led to 33 arrests across the U.S. and 47 in Egypt, cybercriminals connected with a sophisticated identity theft ring.
Wednesday's arrests were the culmination of a two-year probe involving the joint work of the FBI, the US Attorney General's office, the Secret Service, local police forces and other members of the Electronic Crimes Task Force in Los Angeles. FBI officials described Operation Phish Phry as "the largest cybercrime investigation to date in the United States."

The problem with phish stories is "You should have seen the one that got away...."

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 9:40 am

richie wrote:
The problem with phish stories is "You should have seen the one that got away...."

Good story but that made me laugh :lol:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Oct 2009, 2:33 pm

I wonder if that was why a lot of people I know were having problems with their Yahoo accounts?

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 10:44 pm

Kinda doubt it Yahoo is known for being free and buggy too. These people would have broken into websites that ppl pay for as that would contain their names and credit or debit cards and maybe ever their SSN