Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 12:27 pm

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... l=18594318

I think it's messed up that parents would defend the teacher. Makes me think if they are just as bad and they also treat their kids the same way. :evil:

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 12:42 pm

Uh... your not supposed to say negative things about students under your care/guidance when your a teacher. Guess that's been thrown out the window (no longer matters). :roll:

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 12:43 pm

I feel sickened.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 12:49 pm

Amazing that the teacher thinks he can rationalize such behavior towards children. When I was in 6th grade I asked the teacher to explain something in math class again. I was very shy and it took a lot of courage just for me to raise my hand and ask the question. She yelled at me instead. I made sure I never asked another question and my math skills suck to this day.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 4:02 pm

My reaction reading the headline was to tell the child, "yeah, you've got good company - Edison's teachers told him he was a loser, too!" but seeing the clip ... it really is worse than that. This was flat out bullying. By a teacher. Unbelievable.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 4:07 pm

I remember when a teacher snapped at a few rowdy students. He apologised when he returned to the classroom. He has some blood sugar imbalances, too. Diabetes. Even grumpy and unqualified teachers try to keep some dignity around here.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 4:11 pm

Jeez. That is unacceptable. Reprimanding a student for their BEHAVIOUR is one thing, calling someone a loser is quite another.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 4:58 pm

Aimless wrote:
Amazing that the teacher thinks he can rationalize such behavior towards children.
It would indeed be amazing if he could rationalize it to such a degree that even the child would say: "I cannot argue with this logic, it is too amazing."

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 7:00 pm

I can't see how he can justify this to himself. He seems unhinged. I can't see how or why this behaviour is considered ok by anyone.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 7:28 pm

LostAlien wrote:
I can't see how he can justify this to himself. He seems unhinged. I can't see how or why this behaviour is considered ok by anyone.

Yeah, maybe he thinks it will motivate her like a coach calling the guys on the team "ladies". In any event, he's got a lot to learn.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 9:04 pm

there are lots of teachers who should not be teachers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 7:59 pm

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I can't believe that this garbage still happens in school districts around the world, in 2010.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 8:06 pm

In school, there used to be a computer teacher who would hit preteen (and younger) girls with a mouse cord when he was irritated. He would also make them kneel on the floor.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 11:56 pm

That's f****d up! >_<

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2010, 2:29 am

Khan_Sama wrote:
In school, there used to be a computer teacher who would hit preteen (and younger) girls with a mouse cord when he was irritated. He would also make them kneel on the floor.

maybe, if there is justice in this world, that when this teacher went home, his fat and psychopathic SO would thrash him within inches of his life.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2010, 3:27 am

Khan_Sama wrote:

How did he manage that? Did he just have a commanding presence, compelling voice or something? :?

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."