Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 7:36 pm

ruveyn wrote:
ikorack wrote:
Obama simply supplying a copy of his birth certificate would solve this issue, really this should already be required considering that its illegal for someone not born a U.S. citizen to be president.

He was born in Hawaii to an American mother. That suffices. She did not even have to be married. Being a bastard is not disqualification for being president.

ruveyn

THIS.

The entire "birther" (HA!) controversy was started by people who felt like they "lost" the elections and had to find something, anything, to point a finger at in order to make themselves feel better about "losing".

Besides, it isn't his responsibility to "supply" a birth certificate or anything else. The state of Hawaii has already reviewed the matter and they have stated that he was born there. This was all done in accordance with the laws.

The people making these ridiculous claims are citing laws and constitution, when in fact Obama is a legally elected president under those same laws. Boggles the mind how stupid these idiots are. Not the instigators.. they are political puppets. Instigators such as Beck and Limbaugh know damn well there's not a shred of credibility in their conspiracy theories. The morons listening to instigators and taking in every poisonous word as if it were a fact? They are the idiots of this debacle. Idiots in large numbers can be very dangerous indeed.

Also cue in FDNY dynamiting WTC No 7, cruise missile hitting the Pentagon, Air Force shooting down the plane that went down in PA, and a bunch of other crap I don't even want to waste my time typing about.

Sigh.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 10:05 am

I still see no reason for him not to show his birth certificate.

Werecrocodile
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2010, 6:22 am

Not sure why I supported this guy.

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2010, 10:49 am

"Let’s be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It’s not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea Party was about. They don’t know their history at all. It’s about hating a black man in the White House. That is racism straight up. This is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks." - Janeane Garofalo

I'm not Obama's biggest fan, but this whole argument is beyond ridiculous. cyberscan, just admit you're racist and be done with it. He's not doing the best job, but he's doing better than Palin would have. And I say Palin because there's no way McCain would've survived this long with all the pressure Obama has.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 7:01 pm

I agree with what cyberscan is saying am i a self hating racist? There is no real reason a president shouldn't have to confirm his American birth.(Obama has not confirmed his American birth which has been explained in this thread very well)

t0
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 7:36 pm

ikorack wrote:
There is no real reason a president shouldn't have to confirm his American birth.

You are absolutely wrong here. Having a candidate (or elected official) confirm his qualifications under the law is a conflict of interest. Of course the individual will claim to be qualified. It should be up to the government to certify that each candidate running for office is qualified to hold the position under the law. I believe for the federal government, this would fall to the FEC. If the FEC has asked the state of Hawaii to confirm Obama's qualificatons (ie-birth records) and the state of Hawaii says he is qualified - the debate should be over.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 11:52 pm

t0 wrote:
ikorack wrote:
There is no real reason a president shouldn't have to confirm his American birth.

You are absolutely wrong here. Having a candidate (or elected official) confirm his qualifications under the law is a conflict of interest. Of course the individual will claim to be qualified. It should be up to the government to certify that each candidate running for office is qualified to hold the position under the law. I believe for the federal government, this would fall to the FEC. If the FEC has asked the state of Hawaii to confirm Obama's qualificatons (ie-birth records) and the state of Hawaii says he is qualified - the debate should be over.

I did not say there is no real reason he should not claim to be qualified i said there is no real reason he should not have to confirm he is qualified.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 11:24 am

ikorack wrote:
I did not say there is no real reason he should not claim to be qualified i said there is no real reason he should not have to confirm he is qualified.

And I said the confirmation should come from an independant source such as the government. The real reason is conflict of interest. You chose to ignore that.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 2:43 pm

Your not understanding when i say he should have to confirm his citizenship i mean he should present any evidence he might have and it should be inspected(by congress they are the only ones who may impeach him as far as i know) then it can be voted on and the matter can be closed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 3:35 pm

ikorack wrote:
Your not understanding when i say he should have to confirm his citizenship i mean he should present any evidence he might have and it should be inspected(by congress they are the only ones who may impeach him as far as i know) then it can be voted on and the matter can be closed.

Why have congress vote on the authenticity of his birth certificate? Either it is (and it is), or it isn't. There are plenty of crazies in the congress who would love to make political hay by denying Obama's citizenship, regardless of the document's authenticity.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 6:00 pm

Okay, ikorack. We'll go over this one more time, then I'll leave this thread alone, because you apparently don't care about reality or truth - just getting rid of Obama.

Barack Obama has shown his birth certificate. The state of Hawaii, like the states of California and Washington (at least) does not have a "long form" certificate - just a "Certificate of Live Birth", attesting that the child was born before witnesses, and attesting to the identity of the mother and, if the mother wishes, who she claims as the father. Witnesses need not have any special qualifications, other than being hospital staff - my son's certificate was signed by the attending nurse.

Further, we have seen the records of the Honolulu newspaper for the relevant day, announcing the birth of Barack Obama II, as well as testimony from surviving hospital staff (this was almost fifty years ago, after all). Unless you are proposing a conspiracy so far-reaching it has suborned old women and rewritten microfiche, or that has constructed a time machine for the express purpose of altering history, the data seem plain. And honestly, if said conspiracy were so powerful and all-encompassing, installing a given person as President of the United States seems a bit small-fry, when they could own entire national economies and render politicians irrelevant.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/11/ ... h_cer.html

read this and that statutes linked in the article

Obama born Aug. 4th 1961 and while Hawaii no longer issues a long form birth certificate they should still have Obama's on record.(and be able to supply it) His long form would include details such as the doctor who delivered him and what hospital he was born in.

see also http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=105347 and http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100613

And i will say this whether or not I'm repeating this i don't know and I'm not going to go check i have nothing against Obama if i ever think his policies go too far I'll leave the country until it corrects itself the same i would do if any administration ruined the freedoms my government currently protects. The only reason i feel he should supply his birth certificate is because its being questioned and him supplying it would put aside much controversy there is absolutely no logical reason for him to continue withholding his records.

Also in regards to your second piece if i was going to go all conspiracy on a nation i would probably target its administration and its economic mechanisms.

EDIT: http://thesteadydrip.blogspot.com/2010/ ... rtify.html

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

27 Sep 2010, 6:30 pm

ikorack wrote:
Obama born Aug. 4th 1961 and while Hawaii no longer issues a long form birth certificate they should still have Obama's on record.(and be able to supply it) His long form would include details such as the doctor who delivered him and what hospital he was born in.

And i will say this whether or not I'm repeating this i don't know and I'm not going to go check i have nothing against Obama if i ever think his policies go too far I'll leave the country until it corrects itself the same i would do if any administration ruined the freedoms my government currently protects. The only reason i feel he should supply his birth certificate is because its being questioned and him supplying it would put aside much controversy there is absolutely no logical reason for him to continue withholding his records.

Also in regards to your second piece if i was going to go all conspiracy on a nation i would probably target its administration and its economic mechanisms.

Blogs and biased websites (such as American Thinker and WorldNetDaily, both of which have an obvious bias towards the right-wing side of the issues) do not count as proof in any way. Care to provide some actual proof to support your claim that Obama's birth certificate shouldn't be trusted?

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

what are you talking about i have no way of proving whether or not something should be trusted only an idiot would try. I'm just pointing out that not everyone is satisfied and they have their reasons. Also considering that the first one i linked to supplies statutes to support some of its claims those claims would stand would they not?

t0
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 8:12 am

ikorack wrote:
what are you talking about i have no way of proving whether or not something should be trusted only an idiot would try. I'm just pointing out that not everyone is satisfied and they have their reasons.

If Obama were to reveal his personal copy of his birth certificate, these individuals would no doubt declare it a fake. These people will never be satisfid.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

t0 wrote:
ikorack wrote:
what are you talking about i have no way of proving whether or not something should be trusted only an idiot would try. I'm just pointing out that not everyone is satisfied and they have their reasons.

If Obama were to reveal his personal copy of his birth certificate, these individuals would no doubt declare it a fake. These people will never be satisfid.

But at the moment their request is reasonable so logically(as far as we know) there would be no reason to deny their request.