Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 3:29 am

If a man wants to marry his shoe, let him'

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 4:51 pm

No matter how bad things get, I have comfort in knowing I will NEVER be as sad as this man.

hill-o-beans
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2011, 5:00 pm

I heard ladies love it and want threesomes with you and the pillow. As happened to hollywood star James Franco.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 6:02 pm

hill-o-beans wrote:
I heard ladies love it and want threesomes with you and the pillow. As happened to hollywood star James Franco.

My wife, who really likes Asian chicks, and has carnal interests in her pillows and stuffed animals, would really love an anime body pillow like that!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 1:35 am

that is ridiculous! I think that we should protest and try to ban people from marrying their pillows. That is just sick!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:52 pm

live and let live. if a person can finally find some happiness in life from marrying his pillow, all the power in the world to him. who are anybody else to begrudge this poor man some utterly harmless happiness?

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 9:10 pm

But why marry a pillow? What does it accomplish? I mean was the pillow saving itself for marriage or something?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 9:33 pm

Tensu wrote:
But why marry a pillow? What does it accomplish? I mean was the pillow saving itself for marriage or something?

:D
the point is that everybody has to start somewhere. maybe the pillow is this man's starting point, and in a future lifetime he will be blessed with existential improvements that will enable him to have a normal social functioning. but until then, he is finding a sort of happiness with his pillow. i would feel the same way if he decided to marry his bottle of pepto-bismo.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 9:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
live and let live. if a person can finally find some happiness in life from marrying his pillow, all the power in the world to him. who are anybody else to begrudge this poor man some utterly harmless happiness?
How is a pillow supposed to bring someone happiness? This isn't healthy at all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 9:45 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

nobody who has publically criticised this poor man, has any moral standing to be criticising him. remember the biblical example of removing the plank from one's own eye, so that one may better see to remove the speck of sawdust from somebody else's eye. judge not, lest ye be judged. whether it is "unhealthy" or not, is strictly this man's own business and nobody else's. he is harming nobody, not even himself. if there is no harm being done, what is the BFD? again, live and let live.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

nobody who has publically criticised this poor man, has any moral standing to be criticising him. remember the biblical example of removing the plank from one's own eye, so that one may better see to remove the speck of sawdust from somebody else's eye. judge not, lest ye be judged. whether it is "unhealthy" or not, is strictly this man's own business and nobody else's. he is harming nobody, not even himself. if there is no harm being done, what is the BFD? again, live and let live.
Where did all this talk about harm come from? I never said it should be illegal to marry pillows. And I'd say he's harming himself by marrying a pillow instead of say going to a therapist, getting his issues sorted out, and finding himself a significant other. A dude who is marrying a pillow obviously has some issues with his love life/sex life. And you're right, it is his business which is why I never proposed for his choices to be legislated.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:35 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
I'd say he's harming himself by marrying a pillow instead of say going to a therapist, getting his issues sorted out, and finding himself a significant other. A dude who is marrying a pillow obviously has some issues with his love life/sex life. And you're right, it is his business which is why I never proposed for his choices to be legislated.

if you have no problems with your own social life, then more power to you. but just because you can be successful in this regard doesn't mean that everybody else will be so lucky. life is not as simple as you make it out to be. i have been therapy much of my life, but that hasn't translated into success in the area of becoming "normal." the people who are doing well in life don't understand what it is like to be less fortunate with no clue as to how to escape this fate. the people who believe in "free will" will never "get" determinists, and vice-versa.
may your philosophy work well for you, but don't expect me to be able to follow you.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
I'd say he's harming himself by marrying a pillow instead of say going to a therapist, getting his issues sorted out, and finding himself a significant other. A dude who is marrying a pillow obviously has some issues with his love life/sex life. And you're right, it is his business which is why I never proposed for his choices to be legislated.

if you have no problems with your own social life, then more power to you. but just because you can be successful in this regard doesn't mean that everybody else will be so lucky. life is not as simple as you make it out to be. i have been therapy much of my life, but that hasn't translated into success in the area of becoming "normal." the people who are doing well in life don't understand what it is like to be less fortunate with no clue as to how to escape this fate. the people who believe in "free will" will never "get" determinists, and vice-versa.
may your philosophy work well for you, but don't expect me to be able to follow you.
I still struggle with social anxiety, so I dunno where that assumption came from. It has gotten a lot better for me since I have put a lot of effort into overcoming it. I can walk and talk comfortably these days, but back then it was terrifying to even be seen by others and all types of paranoid s**t would be racing through my mind. Ever since I have adopted a more internal locus of control things I have taken much more control over my life. Why is this only something that would apply to me?

This whole pillow thing isn't even about neurodiversity, it's about a man's unhealthy way of coping with his frustration. You're being vague about the therapy thing. What am I supposed to say when I don't even know what your therapy pertained to, how much effort you put into it, and how many hours of therapy sessions you attended? Therapy isn't some magic cure. Therapy takes hard work, and human beings often default to the path of least resistance which would be the path we've always been on. Not that you're lazy, but people tend to be unwilling to go past their comfort zone.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 10:34 am

:/ very odd.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)