Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 3:02 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookou ... r-the-help

Outlaws the hiring of illegals(up to 2 years in prison, $10,000 fee), except when they are hired to do household chores.

Anyone else find this hilarious? Also look at the article for their reasoning.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 6:03 pm

They shouldn't have even allowed that exception.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:19 pm

Goes to show you just who was behind this bill. But to say it out loud would be inviting charges of instigating class warfare.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 10:27 pm

They should have banned alien invaders from being maids, nannies, gardeners, and handymen as well. Americans need those jobs.

-Sigmund Freud

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:25 pm

As I am sure you all know Texas was once a part of Mexico, as was New Mexico, California and so on.

The Mexicans made a serious mistake. They didn't see the threat in letting all those damned illegal Yankees cross the border until it was too late.

They weren't willing to assimilate, learn Spanish and become good tax paying Mexican citizens.

No, they pulled out guns and shot up the Mexican authorities.
Remember the Alamo. :D

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:39 pm

Wombat wrote:
As I am sure you all know Texas was once a part of Mexico, as was New Mexico, California and so on.

The Mexicans made a serious mistake. They didn't see the threat in letting all those damned illegal Yankees cross the border until it was too late.

They weren't willing to assimilate, learn Spanish and become good tax paying Mexican citizens.

No, they pulled out guns and shot up the Mexican authorities.
Remember the Alamo. :D

:lol: The illegal gringo crossing to Mexico back in the 1830s and 40s is oft forgotten by most nowadays

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2011, 7:17 am

Great. At least they can't just deport you for looking Mexican there. I really don't see the problem with the immigrants because most of them do jobs that no american would take, like being a live in maid, or doing backbreaking labor day after day.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 4:26 pm

nodice1996 wrote:
Great. At least they can't just deport you for looking Mexican there. I really don't see the problem with the immigrants because most of them do jobs that no american would take, like being a live in maid, or doing backbreaking labor day after day.

hmmm? I would be a live in maid/butler. If the pay was good enough. Fact is if there is a job there is an American who will do it, the only time it should be acceptable to allow so many illegal immigrants in is if we have a sudden shortage in labor, which we do not have now.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 2:53 am

nodice1996 wrote:

Tell that to people who's unemployment checks have run out. The only reason you would likely have as many teeth when you ended the conversation as when you started is due to your age. I know quite a few American citizens who are willing to do odd jobs at this point.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34U07CxVm0&tracker=False[/youtube]

-Sigmund Freud