Anyone else going to watch the royal wedding?

Page 2 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 4:03 am

I think, with this whole royal wedding thing, people are spit into two camps: those who don't really care, and those who don't give a flying f**k.

Guess which one I'm in.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 9:55 am

I don't like the royal family in general, but I think William is a nice fellow so far. He seems to be trying to follow his mother's footsteps, which is good. Also, I feel sad for him because I saw an interview once where he said he didn't know whether his father and grandmother had anything to do with Diana's death. Imagine going through life wondering if your own family killed your mother...horrible.

I'll watch the wedding because it's a wedding. I like weddings. I'll pretty much watch any wedding I get the chance to watch. This one should be particularly pretty because they've lots of money to throw at it. I only wish William would've married a bit younger, before he started going baldy. He was really cute back then. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 12:04 am

I might invite my friends over to my place to watch it with me. One more thing to bring the three of us together. :)

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 9:38 am

I've been invited to an anti royal family BBQ which we will attend at the beach weather permitting, away from TV and radio and have a good time acting like there is no such thing as a "royal" family. I dunno if i am gonna attend cos i dont know all the people but i might end up going.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 9:42 am

Asp-Z wrote:
I think, with this whole royal wedding thing, people are spit into two camps: those who don't really care, and those who don't give a flying f**k.

Guess which one I'm in.

You put a big smile on my face.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 11:31 am

Hrmph, according to one of my teachers, royal weddings occurred when the country was "morally" depressed and wrought with civil unrest. The function of those weddings was to bring people together (so he says), so that they would work for a brighter tomorrow. <.<

Meh, i wonder how much of that is true. <.< Anyways, i hardly care about the royal family, yet i'll still wish em happiness and all that jazz, as i would to any newlyweds.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 11:46 am

The only good thing about this wedding is that we get a day off. Can't complain about that.

Of course, Kanye West is coming, so there's always a chance he'll say "I'm real happy for ya, and I'mma let you finish, BUT SHE'S MY WIFE NOW!"

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 9:18 pm

Thoughts on the Royal Wedding.

With all the worry about terrorists and protesters, will the royal couple and the royal family arrive in open top carriages or bullet proof cars?

Remember a few weeks ago when protesters were rocking and smacking the car containing Charles and Camilla, yelling "off with their heads"?

Perhaps we will see a whole new fashion trend. A wedding dress cut to fit over a bullet proof vest, and a veil attached to an army helmet. :twisted:

The royal couple drive off to their honeymoon in a Bradley Fighting Vehicle with "just married" written on the back.

Bookgirl14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2011, 9:31 pm

Since its a wedding, I'll probably watch unless I have to get up at some obscene time in the morning to watch it. Not even watching a wedding will get me up before 9!

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 11:23 pm

No thank you, this & the Diamond Jubilee next year the royal family can cut there cloth like the rest of us.
The money can be put for better use instead of have two publicly funded parties.

mhm
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2011, 8:25 am

Nope. Just another wedding to me, with the exception it's also a huge waste of taxpayer money but then I am a republican.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 8:37 am

i will not be able to avoid being exposed to footage of the royal wedding because it will be on the news, and i almost always watch the news.

i hope no one gets assassinated because then it will hog the news for a much longer time.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

I'm a monarchist but I'm not at all interested in it either.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 10:54 am

Am ok with the Duke of Lancaster & the rest of her family in the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. There just a family like the rest of us.There got there fans with the tourists. The band can help the state with making more money by doing a world tour & a few fund rising gigs for there world wide fan base.

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2011, 7:54 pm

No way. Watching other people get married on television seems boring to me.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 7:58 pm

Its either that, or watch paint dry. I've still not decided.