mahmoud ahmadinejad should be not allowed to set foot in U.S

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JeremyNJ1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2011, 7:29 am

This conspiracy nutjob who actively threatens the U.S and Israel should not be allowed to spew his hatred at the U.N and most importantly on U.S soil. Why do we allow this sick holocaust denial/9/11 conspiracy freak a platform shows just how immoral the world community really is..Racism and hatred is perfectly acceptable if its coming from the non-western world.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 8:19 am

JeremyNJ1984 wrote:
This conspiracy nutjob who actively threatens the U.S and Israel should not be allowed to spew his hatred at the U.N and most importantly on U.S soil. Why do we allow this sick holocaust denial/9/11 conspiracy freak a platform shows just how immoral the world community really is..Racism and hatred is perfectly acceptable if its coming from the non-western world.

I share your emotions, but the conventions of diplomacy will prevail.

ruveyn

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 9:07 am

To remind you that there has to be someone to oppose, if we want someone to stand up to? =/

Besides, U.N is international ground, so meh.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

What better place to inject him with a viral infection during a random elevator bump, that will cause him to develop a fatal disease after he returns home? :twisted:

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:24 pm

At what point did it become acceptable for the United States to renege on its agreements?

The United States has committed, in no uncertain terms, that representatives from all UNO member states are permitted to come into the United States in order to attend at the United Nations. There's even a special category of visa (the G3) exclusively for this purpose (since extended to the OAS and other international organizations located in the USA).

In this repsect Ahmadinejad is no different than Fidel Castro was or Kim Jong-il is. You might not like them as people or as leaders--but the US does not get to decide who may come and go to UN headquarters.

All countries that host UN organizations make the same commitment. It's the price of belonging to a larger community.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 1:38 pm

Willard wrote:
What better place to inject him with a viral infection during a random elevator bump, that will cause him to develop a fatal disease after he returns home? :twisted:

That is the kind of twisted thing that starts wars.

ruveyn

DreamLord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Sep 2011, 5:42 pm

I dont see why Mr.Ahmedinejad would want to visit a country that sees fit to kill half a million Iraqis based on a lie about WMD's.

A country that bailed out careless banks using its own peoples money, a country that uses patriotism to justify an imperialistic foreign policy against Iran, Syria, North Korea, Russia, China, Cuba and Venezuela, a country that pays for Israels military to force Palestinians out of there homes and kill any who fight back.

Add into that the way it keeps its citizens doped up on junk food and rubbish television to prevent them from complaining and I cant see why an educated man like Mr.Ahmedinejad would want to visit a place run by a corrupt self-serving clique.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 6:14 am

DreamLord wrote:
I dont see why Mr.Ahmedinejad would want to visit a country that sees fit to kill half a million Iraqis based on a lie about WMD's.

He is visiting the U.N. not the U.S.

ruveyn

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 12:00 pm

DreamLord wrote:

A country that bailed out careless banks using its own peoples money, a country that uses patriotism to justify an imperialistic foreign policy against Iran, Syria, North Korea, Russia, China, Cuba and Venezuela, a country that pays for Israels military to force Palestinians out of there homes and kill any who fight back.

Add into that the way it keeps its citizens doped up on junk food and rubbish television to prevent them from complaining and I cant see why an educated man like Mr.Ahmedinejad would want to visit a place run by a corrupt self-serving clique.

When did we start talking about Ahmedinejad visiting the UK? [/snarky]

DreamLord

24 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

ruveyn wrote:
DreamLord wrote:

He is visiting the U.N. not the U.S.

ruveyn

In that case there is no problem, if it's not US territory then how can Americans get angry?

Brings up an interesting point about the UN objecting to the US's actions and yet doing nothing about it. I believe sanctions are imposed on most of the countries I have just listed, are they UN sanctions?

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 1:57 pm

I would rather have a dialogue with words then bullets.

Anyway considering the treatment of that region it's not surprising he would have a defiant attitude toward Western powers. And right now Iran is surrounded by American military forces.

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 3:49 am

I am part of an Iranian club at my university. I am given lots of information about the common person because people in that club have relatives in Iran. Most people in Iran want friendlier relations with the United States. With the Iranian government spewing contradictory phrases about a national tragedy and Palestine seeking UN membership, I expect the UN will not be as effective as it used to be. The tension might be too strong, and the UN will cease to exist. The UN ceases to exist once people are more willing for conflict instead of peace.

This is another reason that another world wide conflict will take place. I bet you that desperate youths in the Arab world, if economic conditions do not prove, will be united by a dynamic leader(s) and invade Europe. That's what happens when neighbors are allowed to go hungry.

DreamLord

25 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

techn0teen wrote:
I am part of an Iranian club at my university. I am given lots of information about the common person because people in that club have relatives in Iran. Most people in Iran want friendlier relations with the United States. With the Iranian government spewing contradictory phrases about a national tragedy and Palestine seeking UN membership, I expect the UN will not be as effective as it used to be. The tension might be too strong, and the UN will cease to exist. The UN ceases to exist once people are more willing for conflict instead of peace.

This is another reason that another world wide conflict will take place. I bet you that desperate youths in the Arab world, if economic conditions do not prove, will be united by a dynamic leader(s) and invade Europe. That's what happens when neighbors are allowed to go hungry.

Unfortunately the alternative is terrible, America controlling Iran and allowing multinational companies and banks to take everything they have. The Ayatollah and Mr. Ahmedinejad are taking a brave stand, but I do understand the worries of the Iranians.

There will be wars with Syria maybe, Israel may become involved and Iran will eventually be drawn in. Naturally they will be out-gunned by the combined forces of America and its satellites in Europe. Standing up to oil interests and international finance is brave but I am worried that many Iranian people are not ready to make the sacrifice necessary, they shouldn't be forced into oblivion unwillingly.

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 11:41 pm

DreamLord wrote:
Unfortunately the alternative is terrible, America controlling Iran and allowing multinational companies and banks to take everything they have. The Ayatollah and Mr. Ahmedinejad are taking a brave stand, but I do understand the worries of the Iranians.

There will be wars with Syria maybe, Israel may become involved and Iran will eventually be drawn in. Naturally they will be out-gunned by the combined forces of America and its satellites in Europe. Standing up to oil interests and international finance is brave but I am worried that many Iranian people are not ready to make the sacrifice necessary, they shouldn't be forced into oblivion unwillingly.

How is spewing lies and denial of tragedies like the Holocaust and September 11th taking a "brave stand"? Why can't they be honest and say, "Hey, we don't like the idea of loaning and international coporations. We feel it isn't in our people's best interests."

I don't see what Ahmedinejad is trying to accomplish by saying these things and openly denying the Holocaust (something which claimed so many lives). It is one thing to be defiant . It is another thing to be insensitive and disresepctful. Surely they can be defiant in a more respectful way?

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

26 Sep 2011, 11:01 am

techn0teen wrote:
DreamLord wrote:

How is spewing lies and denial of tragedies like the Holocaust and September 11th taking a "brave stand"? Why can't they be honest and say, "Hey, we don't like the idea of loaning and international coporations. We feel it isn't in our people's best interests."

I don't see what Ahmedinejad is trying to accomplish by saying these things and openly denying the Holocaust (something which claimed so many lives). It is one thing to be defiant . It is another thing to be insensitive and disresepctful. Surely they can be defiant in a more respectful way?

It is an effort to piss off Iseral which is run mostly by holocaust survivors. It is disturbing that the torture and genocide of the holocaust has come full circle, much of what has been done to them in nazi Germany, they are doing to palistinians(sp).
You would think they would have more compassion, but I guess not.

Jojo

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:05 pm

jojobean wrote:

It is an effort to piss off Iseral which is run mostly by holocaust survivors. It is disturbing that the torture and genocide of the holocaust has come full circle, much of what has been done to them in nazi Germany, they are doing to palistinians(sp).

Jojo

1. Most holocaust survivors are dead. The thing ended in 1945 which is 66 years ago.

2. The Israelis did NOT do to the Palestinians what the Nazi's did to them. There is not a single extermination camp to eliminate Palestinians and use their hair and other body parts.

If the Israelis were hell bent on exterminating the Palestinians they would have done it 30 years ago.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 26 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.