Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

WARNING: STRONG AND EXPLICIT LANGUAGE THROUGHOUT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47HoiM0Au8[/youtube]

news link here Telegraph Link

Pretty sickening, and even more a lack of concern of her child, in fact things could have gotten worse for her if most of the passengers weren't so restrained.

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 5:45 pm

More serious confrontations happen in Britain every day, including a great many involving non-Whites abusing and victimising the native people. (In fact, we do not get to see how this confrontation started.) The fact that this incident has received such attention says a lot about the priorities of the treacherous media and political elites.

As for her not showing concern for her son - on the contrary, I can imagine her reaction was partly motivated by concern at the prospect of her son growing up an ethnic minority in his ancestral homeland. Quite understandable, if you ask me.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 6:27 pm

She does have an colourful vocabulary.

I think the kid on her lap was the only reason she didn't get forcefully 'corrected' by her fellow travelers or even dared to talk like she did. Wearing children as angry people barrier :?.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Nov 2011, 11:13 pm

codarac wrote:
I can imagine her reaction was partly motivated by concern at the prospect of her son growing up an ethnic minority in his ancestral homeland.
Or the alternative and more likely explanation: she is racist.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 7:43 am

Cornflake wrote:
codarac wrote:
I can imagine her reaction was partly motivated by concern at the prospect of her son growing up an ethnic minority in his ancestral homeland.
Or the alternative and more likely explanation: she is racist.

Have to agree with Cornflake...

It just makes me sick that there are people watching this now and thinking this is what Brits are like. I love our multicultural society because it is interesting. It would be boring if we were all the same. Apart from two attacks, the majority of my abuse, bullying and mistreatment has been by the 'native' white people. I don't see how a black person is any less 'British' than me. I have Hungarian blood so does that mean I am not officially British?

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 11:39 am

No one even cares to know what happened before the video started rolling.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 11:44 am

Quote:

She sounds a bit drunk to me.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

No one has mentioned it, but should yapping your mouth constitute chargeable crime, whether sober or not?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 12:03 pm

snapcap wrote:
No one has mentioned it, but should yapping your mouth constitute chargeable crime, whether sober or not?

Depends what is being said I suppose?

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 1:50 pm

snapcap wrote:

I don't. So what? There is a point at which "what happened" to start something, doesn't matter anymore. This is one of them. She's an idiot, crossed the line of decency, and should just STFU and never be allowed on the tram again. Simple really.

I could be wrong, but I'm betting you don't have any kids. I have three, and, minus the language, I deal with walking into situations like this all the time. "What started all this" more often than not just opens a can of worms that takes too damned long to deal with and clouds the issue at hand, which in this case is simple. She needed to be kicked off. Was OBVIOUSLY the only one out of control.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 2:59 pm

MrXxx wrote:
snapcap wrote:

I don't. So what? There is a point at which "what happened" to start something, doesn't matter anymore. This is one of them. She's an idiot, crossed the line of decency, and should just STFU and never be allowed on the tram again. Simple really.

I could be wrong, but I'm betting you don't have any kids. I have three, and, minus the language, I deal with walking into situations like this all the time. "What started all this" more often than not just opens a can of worms that takes too damned long to deal with and clouds the issue at hand, which in this case is simple. She needed to be kicked off. Was OBVIOUSLY the only one out of control.

Being kicked off would have been fine, but she got charged and was taken in custody. Hope she had some family that can take in her child. I can't judge her character based on this one incident, I don't see anyone talking about her "history of problems". Charging anyone of Racially Aggravated Assault is something I could never see as justifiable. It's something that won't solve anything.

I'd love to see what led up to the tirade, why wouldn't you? You ever see the Epic Bearded Guy video? What if the video started at the point where the white guy starts beating the crap out of the black guy. OH NO! RACIALLY MOTIVATED BEAT DOWN! That's how it would be viewed. Don't just dismiss what you don't know.

I don't think what she said was too intelligence, but there shouldn't be punishments based on intelligence.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 11:08 pm

snapcap wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Being kicked off would have been fine, but she got charged and was taken in custody. Hope she had some family that can take in her child. I can't judge her character based on this one incident, I don't see anyone talking about her "history of problems". Charging anyone of Racially Aggravated Assault is something I could never see as justifiable. It's something that won't solve anything.

I'd love to see what led up to the tirade, why wouldn't you? You ever see the Epic Bearded Guy video? What if the video started at the point where the white guy starts beating the crap out of the black guy. OH NO! RACIALLY MOTIVATED BEAT DOWN! That's how it would be viewed. Don't just dismiss what you don't know.

I don't think what she said was too intelligence, but there shouldn't be punishments based on intelligence.

Sorry, I've got no problem whatsoever with her being charged. I don't care what happened beforehand. There is NO excuse for that kind of behavior. Period. But this is not a video of a fight. It's a video of her very obviously ranting and tossing racial slurs toward other passengers, NONE of whom are slurring her in return. What, do you really think someone else started this, and then just stood there quietly while she ranted, saying nothing in return? That doesn't jive. Everyone else on that tram, with the exception of one WHITE girl, who told her to shut up only after her rant had been going on for quite a while, was completely restrained. Okay, the black guy behind her started to get up, but thought better of it once someone else spoke to him. She was very obviously trying to get their goats.

She's the real life equivalent of a forum troll, who comes here and posts drivel just to get people arguing and fighting. What difference does it make why people do that kind of crap? None. It's not acceptable behavior. Period.

If my own kid did that on a bus, I wouldn't care if someone of another race, sat down next to him and BEAT on him. That is not how you deal with it. It is uncivilized in any setting, and unacceptable for any reason. There are no "reasons" good enough for that. Only excuses.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:03 am

MrXxx wrote:
snapcap wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Sorry, I've got no problem whatsoever with her being charged. I don't care what happened beforehand.

I have a problem with it. I wish someone spoke back to her and said something that made her feel stupid since she was being that way. But neither of them should be tried for a thing if that's all it led up to. If she was on a stage telling jokes and said something racist , should she be charged then?

Quote:
There is NO excuse for that kind of behavior. Period.

What if your stressed out of your mind, have impaired perception, or are really just stupid? There is racism everywhere, and making them shut up about it and act like it isn't there isn't going to solve anything. It will just lead to pent up anger. At least let them exclaim there feelings! Society is controlled enough with pentalites steming from physical assault.

Quote:
But this is not a video of a fight. It's a video of her very obviously ranting and tossing racial slurs toward other passengers, NONE of whom are slurring her in return.

Your right, it isn't a fight. It's a practical a one-sided tirade. Shouldn't be any charges for that reason. No one really did confort her, but I wish they did, and it they wouldn't have to be racial about it. I would have made that women feel pretty stupid for ranting and raving, or at least have people around her laughing at her expense. But I never would have said that she needed to go to jail. Never.

Quote:
What, do you really think someone else started this, and then just stood there quietly while she ranted, saying nothing in return? That doesn't jive.

And you're saying that she just spontenously did without any motivation? No one just does something for no reason. If she did do it spontenously, wouldn't that mean she had Tourettes or something? She should be spared the law then, for having a medical condition. That's why I would like to have been able to witness what happened before the video started.

Quote:
Everyone else on that tram, with the exception of one WHITE girl, who told her to shut up only after her rant had been going on for quite a while, was completely restrained. Okay, the black guy behind her started to get up, but thought better of it once someone else spoke to him. She was very obviously trying to get their goats.

Wish someone did say something to her. I don't see how it is virtuous if you were there on the bus and it did affect you even if the law system is set up to prosecute people that make racist statements. I have tenants that make racist statements to me, but we laugh about it, and it never get's to be serious. No need for stupid laws making us feel uncomfortable.

Quote:
She's the real life equivalent of a forum troll, who comes here and posts drivel just to get people arguing and fighting. What difference does it make why people do that kind of crap? None. It's not acceptable behavior. Period.

Should an internet troll have the same laws apply to them, would you want them charged? I hope not, as everyone is at some point called a troll. Not all problems need to be handled by the penal system.

Quote:
If my own kid did that on a bus, I wouldn't care if someone of another race, sat down next to him and BEAT on him. That is not how you deal with it. It is uncivilized in any setting, and unacceptable for any reason. There are no "reasons" good enough for that. Only excuses.

If I was on that bus with my kid, and you let that happen to your kid, I'd say to my kid "See, that's why we don't go to their house."

Racism isn't a good thing, but it's not going to go away just by shutting up about it. If it could happen that way, you better take out everything that has the slightest bit of race in it, including the teachings of MLK. I never knew about racism until I was taught incessantly about MLK and the Civil Rights movement during Black History Month. I was only 6 years old. I can't say it is a healthy thing to open kids minds to at that age. You're separating people even more by censoring what they think. How can people strive to be united if they can't even get out their feelings, even in the most crude form?

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:26 am

snapcap, were we watching the same video? Some DID speak up to her. Right before the two minute mark is where she began to. One of her "own kind" even.

You really confuse me. On the one hand you say that shutting up about it doesn't solve anything, yet on the other you seem to feel as if little if anything should be done about it. Society spoke. Society sent her the message that this is not acceptable. I get that you think the message was extreme. I don't agree. It is that kind of attitude and behavior that leads to far worse. It won't stop until people like her get the message that it will not be tolerated.

Slavery didn't end in this country because people frowned at it. It didn't end because bigots were tossed off of trains. It ended when society stood up and said "No more. And we are willing to do whatever it takes to stop it." If we hadn't had the civil war, do you honestly think it would have ended by now anyway? If you do think so, then how do you explain Apartheid having lasted as long as it did?

There really IS evil in this world. Evil that cannot be dealt with in any less than harsh manners.

Should they have given her a "time out," perhaps? Sorry, that is a little facetious, but all I'm hearing so far is what you don't like about how it was handled. I'm not hearing any solutions.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:27 am

snapcap wrote:
I have a problem with it. I wish someone spoke back to her and said something that made her feel stupid since she was being that way. But neither of them should be tried for a thing if that's all it led up to. If she was on a stage telling jokes and said something racist , should she be charged then?

It's funny you should say this as I'm told that a lot of the fans of the likes of Roy "Chubby" Brown are non-white fellas and ladies, both of whom get their fair share of insults fired at them in his jokes. I don't find him funny but I don't think he should ever be arrested for what he says.

I think there's probably more of a case for her being dealt with for simply for being a pain in the arse (like being banned from the train service, or fined) rather than her being arrested and prosecuted for racist offences. What she said was bordering on racist, though, certainly. "You're not British, you're black" being a good example.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 3:16 am

snapcap wrote:

mrXxx wrote:

If I was on that bus with my kid, and you let that happen to your kid, I'd say to my kid "See, that's why we don't go to their house."

Oh, I was going to just let this go, but no way no how. You've got a lot of damned nerve to assume I would LET that happen to my own kid. What the hell are you thinking making that kind of assumption about me? That is NOT what I meant at all. Use your damned head. I'm sorry for getting angry, but insinuating this kind of thing about my parenting and love for my children really crosses a line you should NEVER cross with me. :evil:

I did NOT say I would LET that happen to my child. I said, if IT HAPPENED, I would not support my child reacting in that way. Which brings me to your final comments, in which you actually DID make some sense.

snapcap wrote:
Racism isn't a good thing, but it's not going to go away just by shutting up about it. If it could happen that way, you better take out everything that has the slightest bit of race in it, including the teachings of MLK.

Not this part. This is just plain silly.

snapcap wrote:
I never knew about racism until I was taught incessantly about MLK and the Civil Rights movement during Black History Month. I was only 6 years old. I can't say it is a healthy thing to open kids minds to at that age.

I've got news for you. I was THREE years old when Dr. King gave his "I Have a Dream" speech. I remember it. I remember that, the Vietnam war, all the protesting, the Kent State shooting of four students, the assassination of King and Bobby Kennedy. I even saw Jack Ruby kill Oswald on live TV. I remember the entire era very well even though I was fairly young. You don't live through all that and not remember it. I knew all about racism practically from the day I was able to speak. You couldn't NOT know about it then. I made damned sure my own kids knew as much as I did before they ever heard about it in school. I can say I believe it is a very healthy thing to make your kids aware of what the world is really like. It only does them a disservice not to.

I didn't just grow up learning about King either, I also learned about Ghandi. I had grandparents and cousins who were ALL racist. My family was the ONLY family on both sides of our extended families, who was not racist. I grew up surrounded by racism with parents who were not, and taught me right from wrong. And they managed to do it in spite of all the racism in both of their families. One of my relatives (very close to me too) was an avowed Hitler supporter.

There really isn't anything you could teach me about racism and/or tolerance that I didn't already learn decades ago.

snapcap wrote:
You're separating people even more by censoring what they think. How can people strive to be united if they can't even get out their feelings, even in the most crude form?

I agree with the first part, but this isn't about censorship. I know you won't agree with this, and that's just too bad. I am not one who agrees that Neo Nazi's should just be allowed to say whatever they want to. I am not one who agrees that freedom of speech is absolute. It's the law where I live, within very strict limits (as in there isn't much you can't say), and I don't agree with the law. I think freedom of speech is far too often pushed way beyond the limits of its intention.

Now, back to the scenario I gave of my son. I was referring to a scenario exactly like this one. Where, if I saw him AFTER THE FACT, in a video like this one, behaving like that after being beaten by a man of any race, I would not support his reactions. Do you get it now?

I wouldn't because I live by, and teach my kids to live by, the same things MLK and Ghandi taught. I teach them NOT to be like that no matter WHAT anyone says or does to them. I teach them to hold their tongues and walk away. BUT, I also teach them to speak out against such attitudes and abusive speech.

People like that may have the right to be stupid, and say whatever is on their minds, PEACEFULLY, but that is not what that woman is doing. You may wish that more of the others on the bus did speak up, and one did, but if it had been allowed to continue, it may very well have ended up in a really bad situation. She was essentially inciting everyone there to argue with her, which could have EASILY erupted into a physical fight, endangering her own child. Stupid woman! As far as I'm concerned she DID endanger that child, and it probably would be best for the child to be taken from her for that reason. At least the child would probably end up with someone who would not teach it to hate that way.