Whitney Houston died and I DON'T CARE!

Page 2 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 2:27 pm

Tequila wrote:
Er... why would you care? Unless you were a fan of her work, you never knew her nor met her so what makes her any different from anyone else that has died? Should we care just because she's famous?

I don't expect people outside my family and friends to give a toss when I die anyway. You're invited to the funeral, though. ;)

THis is because you have aspergers, people with Aspergers tend to not have feelings to their friends or families. I have Aspergers myself. Tequilla, Please show respect for Whitney Houston.

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
Aitrean wrote:
To be honest, I absolutely don't care that Whitney Houston died. She lived a famous, rich life, and died (probably) because she wanted to experiment with alcohol. If anybody else died that way people would be saying "wow, they were so absolutely stupid", but because she can sing, it's OK. How many of you knew her personally? I would assume not one. So one human being whom you never knew has died and it's very sad. Yet, we have had troops dying overseas, people dying all the time in third-world countries, children and young adults losing their lives to cancer.... and do most people even remember the name of the last soldier killed? Do people keep tabs on young children with cancer the same way they do celebrities? If everyone mourned as much for every third-world innocent child killed from lack of food or healthcare then we would be crying all the time. We live in a very sick and twisted society, where all it takes is mediocre talent and a lot of paparazzi to be known as a world icon. People were shocked when Kim Jong Il died and every North Korean was balling their eyes out, to me North American society has almost reached that point.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--RzLJfilkOY/T ... on+cry.jpg

How dare you show such disrespect to a great singer who died!. Please, show some respect for her!!

Agreed. Just a bunch of self-absorbed idiots around here.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
THis is because you have aspergers, people with Aspergers tend to not have feelings to their friends or families.

No, what I'm trying to say is that my condolences go to her friends and family at this time but I'm not really sorry she's dead because I didn't know her and wasn't a fan of their music. There are many, many more people far more deserving of your sympathy than Whitney Houston.

I love my friends and family but I would have a similar reaction to hearing of the death of people I'd never met, nor conversed with or had any other positive connection with before. I'm just non-plussed.

Quote:
Please show respect for Whitney Houston.

How can I? She's dead. I'm sorry for her family at this time.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 2:40 pm

eigerpere wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:
Aitrean wrote:
To be honest, I absolutely don't care that Whitney Houston died. She lived a famous, rich life, and died (probably) because she wanted to experiment with alcohol. If anybody else died that way people would be saying "wow, they were so absolutely stupid", but because she can sing, it's OK. How many of you knew her personally? I would assume not one. So one human being whom you never knew has died and it's very sad. Yet, we have had troops dying overseas, people dying all the time in third-world countries, children and young adults losing their lives to cancer.... and do most people even remember the name of the last soldier killed? Do people keep tabs on young children with cancer the same way they do celebrities? If everyone mourned as much for every third-world innocent child killed from lack of food or healthcare then we would be crying all the time. We live in a very sick and twisted society, where all it takes is mediocre talent and a lot of paparazzi to be known as a world icon. People were shocked when Kim Jong Il died and every North Korean was balling their eyes out, to me North American society has almost reached that point.

How dare you show such disrespect to a great singer who died!. Please, show some respect for her!!

Are you talking about me or Aitrean?

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
eigerpere wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:
Aitrean wrote:

Are you talking about me or Aitrean?

No, not you. I'm just frustrated by this awful thread.

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 3:04 pm

There are probably just a lot of sociopaths on board rather than aspies.

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:05 pm

Jesus, people. Oi.

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:05 pm

eigerpere wrote:

No, we just can't see the point of thinking about every person who dies. If we did that we'd be in a hell of a state. Life carries on.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm

I always liked her singing, and thought she was very attractive. However, I was disappointed in her when she chose to turn to a wild life style of drugs and booze. I kept hoping she would drop that garbage, and go back to being a decent person, with a lovely voice. She had such potential to please and entertain the public, and to be a great role model, but she wasted it by wasting herself. I am saddened at the loss of such a talented person, and that she died without reforming.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

ghostar wrote:
Yeah, I can't seem to care that she is dead either. She was alive and now she is dead. No one lives forever and she had a great run in my opinion.

I should perhaps clarify though...I don't care that she is dead but I completely understand if others do.

That is basically what I think....I feel like she did what she came to do in life(and that is giving the benefit of the doubt because I have not heard her music so I don't know if its that terribly great), and everyone dies...I can think of some sadder instances of death. I can understand other people may feel different though.

Aitrean
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2012, 6:50 pm

I have respect for all the dead. But when the elderly, the famous, and the evil people in the world die, it's just a regular deal. When children in Africa die of aids, soldiers give up their lives on the front lines, someone dies far too early of cancer or some other disease, or when somebody I know personally dies, that's when I care. So a singer whom none of you have met, who had a great life, piles of money, and likely died because she wanted to get fancy with cocktails deserves as much respect as any of the individuals I listed above? Rest in peace woman who's album I listened to once, I never knew you and never will, but I know you had a great life and didn't die in any special way, so I'll forget about you by tomorrow morning.

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

Being famous or successful don't automatically mean you're having a great life. She was a drug addict so obviously she wasn't having a great life or she wouldn't have resorted to self-medicating. All people deserve consideration and respect.

Aitrean
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

My point is not "I don't care if a human being died", I most certainly do. However, I've been seeing individuals break down in tears over celebrity deaths. Which really upsets me that celebrities are on par with cases that deserve much more respect.

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 6:56 pm

Celebrities deserve as much respect, love or concern as anyone else.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

eigerpere wrote:

I believe it's typical for people to not feel much at the death of someone they have no connection to, NT, Aspie, or otherwise.

Being disrespectful or rude about it a different matter, but still not necessarily sociopathic.

Aitrean
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2012, 6:59 pm

eigerpere wrote:
Being famous or successful don't automatically mean you're having a great life. She was a drug addict so obviously she wasn't having a great life or she wouldn't have resorted to self-medicating. All people deserve consideration and respect.

She got addicted to drugs... that's a shame. Over one thousand young men died who were more than twenty years younger than her in order to fight the war against terror. But hey, she sang songs, I'm sure that's deserving of even more mourning than an individual soldier. We see her name plastered on the television for weeks after she dies, but when fallen Staff Sgt. Quintana (for example) died, you saw two or three news reports that evening mentioning him. Nothing more.