Anoymous post message to the American people

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

24 Jan 2012, 8:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXyLrTR ... e=youtu.be

congress just eleminated the bill of rights...Obama signed it into law.

better get your one way passports before they close the borders
Unspoken in the media, alot of ppl are fleeing the US because of the laws being created.

I have been trying to convince my family but as the family autistic...they dont take me seriously.

Jojo

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 8:31 pm

Damn too bad it probably takes months to get a passport. The feds really suck.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

24 Jan 2012, 9:19 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

better get started.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 9:32 pm

jojobean wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

better get started.

It would not be the worst idea but first I have to figure out how to afford it....and if I'd even be approved for such a thing.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 9:45 pm

Hello Americans, give me a Visa. :wink:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 9:55 pm

I mentioned I run an underground railroad for 'merican refugees to Canada. You get to stay in igloos and everything!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 10:30 pm

Vigilans wrote:
I mentioned I run an underground railroad for 'merican refugees to Canada. You get to stay in igloos and everything!

we may need it.. :wink:

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

It might be too late, as this movie was made Dec. 3, 2011 and the bill has already been signed.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 10:50 pm

Vigilans wrote:

Oy oy, is that the same one used by african americans who fled to Canada once? :P I reckon there was a story about this...

justalouise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2012, 3:02 am

I just moved to Canada! I'm still waiting on my own personal polar bear to arrive in the mail. How long does that usually take, anyway?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 10:48 am

Vigilans wrote:

My aboot's and ey's might be a little rusty but I'd be glad to take that one up or work on my gidday's to go to the *deep* south-west if we have progressives running buckshod over congress for too much longer.

*Hint* - make sure you note what our politicians are doing, don't do it, and reap the benefits of the brain-drain northward hand over fist.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

justalouise wrote:
I just moved to Canada! I'm still waiting on my own personal polar bear to arrive in the mail. How long does that usually take, anyway?

Be sure you check what you might have thought was junk mail. They come dehydrated, its one of those 'soak em in water for two weeks and they become life-sized' kind of things.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 10:53 am

As in the book 'A Tale of Two Cities'.... it's the best of times, it's the worst of times, it's the age of wisdom, it's the age of foolishness, it's the epoch of belief, it's the epoch of incredulity, it's the season of light, it's the season of darkness, it's the spring of hope, it's the winter of despair, we have everything before us, we have nothing before us...

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 2:59 pm

Surely we have learned by now that the enactment of legislation is the beginning, not the end of the process. The law is not settled until the Courts have had their say, and you had better believe that there will be deep pockets on both sides of this question lining up the lawyers.

The judicial system in the United States may be imperfect--why should it be any different from any other institution--but it has an admirable track record of stopping the legislative branch in its tracks when it believes the branch to have overreached itself.

The sky is not falling--yet. Vigilence is called for, to be sure--but not panic.

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

i often think of a poem by Canadian activist poet Milton Acorn:

http://www.ablemuse.com/erato/showthread.php?t=195

reasoning." --William Blake

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:41 am

visagrunt wrote:
Vigilans is called for, to be sure--but not panic.

I agree.

justalouise wrote:

It depends... what country or US state are you arriving from? :P

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
My aboot's and ey's might be a little rusty but I'd be glad to take that one up or work on my gidday's to go to the *deep* south-west if we have progressives running buckshod over congress for too much longer.

*Hint* - make sure you note what our politicians are doing, don't do it, and reap the benefits of the brain-drain northward hand over fist.

We'll see, Harper is pushing Canada further to the Right, in small increments so people don't really notice. He might as well have his office in Washington, DC imo