Rural town in SW Wyoming for sale, any takers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 12:58 pm

This just made me LOL. Even more so because it's about 20 miles down the road from where I live.

Entire Town of Buford, WY up for auction - Yahoo! News

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2012, 1:01 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
This just made me LOL. Even more so because it's about 20 miles down the road from where I live.

I wish I could buy it lol But then if I did, I would rename it to Spongebobia or something like that and the residents of nearby towns might get enraged.

MommyJones
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 1:19 pm

I would love to live out there! :)

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 3:11 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:

We all need to chip in and buy it, then rename it Aspergia, the Aspie Refuge. :lol: Aspies who can't handle living in the outside world could go there and be among their own.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm

pezar wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:

We all need to chip in and buy it, then rename it Aspergia, the Aspie Refuge. :lol: Aspies who can't handle living in the outside world could go there and be among their own.

It's in Wyoming so it's in the middle of nowhere. Perfect for us.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

GHB
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2012, 5:38 pm

I have driven past there a couple times. Spent lats fall in Wamsutter.

I dunno, i prefer being away from people as much as the next Aspie but thats to far.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

16 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm

Inventor wants to do a aspie comunity, some discussed it in Autism Advocacy section, but soon as he started talking money and work, the topic went dead. He is still interested in putting this together, if anyone is serious about it, pm Inventor.

Jojo

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 12:26 am

Well, it was kind of a joke, but hell if he really wants to. The starting bid is about $100,000, which considering what you're getting real-estate wise is pretty damn cheap. I could probably proxy for him during the auction, I live about 50 or so miles from the place. The article lists the property that's included as part of the deal; general store, gas station, P.O. Boxes, etc. It wouldn't be much but it'd be fun.