Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

The Mega Millions lottery winner has lost her ticket:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local ... 12265.html

If I lost something worth that much, I'd probably go off the deep end. Completely.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 7:02 pm

Uh, wait. It was a quick pick, and she knows it's the winning ticket? Who memorizes a quick pick number?

Sounds fishy to me.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 7:35 pm

Who cares about all that money? No individual needs that much. I don't understand why they want it. Is it a Neurotypical thing? :roll:

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 7:36 pm

diniesaur wrote:
Who cares about all that money? No individual needs that much. I don't understand why they want it. Is it a Neurotypical thing? :roll:

really? a neurotypical thing? no, just no

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 7:43 pm

diniesaur wrote:

I certainly wouldn't need that much money, but winning a lottery like this would make my life a hell of a lot easier. Every day I'm going through BS with lawyers and government employees trying to get the SSI benefits that I need but keep getting denied, and I would be utterly screwed if I didn't have family members who are understanding of mental disorders and willing to let me live with them.

There's a great exchange in the movie The Chase, when Kristy Swanson tells Charlie Sheen that having a lot of money isn't a big deal. He replies, "Hey, when you don't have money, it's a very big deal."

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 7:54 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Uh, wait. It was a quick pick, and she knows it's the winning ticket? Who memorizes a quick pick number?

Sounds fishy to me.

I thought the same thing.

But then again, maybe she really did lose it. Stuff like that can be really easy to lose track of. That's why I am extra careful with my tickets, putting them in a place I know they will not get lost. Not that it matters much because the most I have ever won is $3 for getting the power ball but I don't play that much. Usually I get several numbers on the draw but not all on the same line. What I need to start doing is playing one dollar every lottery instead of buying five at a time only when the jackpot gets above 400 million. Then, maybe, I'll win something, On 640 million dollar lottery, I started the mega ball at 29 and counted down to 25. I was two away :( If I would have started at twenty five, I would have won three bucks.

The article said she left her ticket at the Mcdonald's. Why would she misplace it at work? I would never leave a lottery ticket at a fast food restaurant unless it belonged to the people who worked there and all I would get is a portion of the winnings.
If she never finds it, maybe the prize will never be claimed. Whoever has the winning ticket may have thrown it away accidentally or something.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
But then again, maybe she really did lose it. Stuff like that can be really easy to lose track of.

True, but I'm not questioning whether she lost a ticket. I'm questioning how, if it was lost, can she possibly know it was the winning ticket?

The only possible ways are if she memorized the numbers (and who on earth does that), or she wrote them down somewhere else (and who on earth does that?).

The whole thing doesn't make any logical sense to me.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 9:16 pm

MrXxx wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
But then again, maybe she really did lose it. Stuff like that can be really easy to lose track of.

True, but I'm not questioning whether she lost a ticket. I'm questioning how, if it was lost, can she possibly know it was the winning ticket?

The only possible ways are if she memorized the numbers (and who on earth does that), or she wrote them down somewhere else (and who on earth does that?).

The whole thing doesn't make any logical sense to me.

I wonder if she had the ticket during the drawing and left it in a hiding spot after she knew she won. It doesn't make sense to let go of the ticket though. If I had the ticket in my hand, I would be on the phone to a lawyer first thing. Maybe she didn't know what to do. Or, it could just be a hoax and she is just saying it to get attention.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 9:25 pm

if i won the lottery, i'd pay off all my nieces' and nephews' student loans and move to my husband's dream home in hawaii. i'd give a nice chunk to the non-profit where i work. i'd buy a brand-new prius for me and one for my mom. what i'd do with the rest would require some thought. i happen to like thinking, though.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 9:35 pm

cathylynn wrote:
if i won the lottery, i'd pay off all my nieces' and nephews' student loans and move to my husband's dream home in hawaii. i'd give a nice chunk to the non-profit where i work. i'd buy a brand-new prius for me and one for my mom. what i'd do with the rest would require some thought. i happen to like thinking, though.

Fair warning on the Prius: it won't get near the mileage you expect and when you factor in production they're one of the worst cars you can possibly buy for the environment.

On topic:
I call bull. Big time.

You will reap what you've sown.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 1:58 am

I wouldn't even hide the ticket at work. WTF?

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 1:02 pm

What's the chance of winning the biggest Mega Millions pot and losing your ticket?

:lol:

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

I'd lose my mind if I lost something worth that much.