If James Holmes has Asperger's, the rest of us are DOOMED.

Page 3 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

27 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

John_Browning wrote:
ImageSTOP THE PRESSES!! ! A TOTALLY CLUELESS REPORTER SHOOTS THEIR MOUTH OFF AND ENDS UP LOOKING ret*d!! !Image

LMAO!!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

27 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

Mayel wrote:
KenM wrote:
What I been reading and seeing on TV about this guy, a lot of people say he did not start acting strange until about 6 months ago. Something happened to trigger him. If he had AS, behavior showing AS traits would have been displayed his whole life. He does not have AS.

People don't say he's got AS because of his latest behaviour (there aren't that many people who believe so anyways) but because of his general behaviour or the type of person he is (since childhood): socially off/inept (but wanting social contact nonetheless), bad at eye contact, introverted, shy, good at natural science,...etc. It's suspected because of his apparent inability to connect with people which may have led to social isolation of some sorts. That's why some believe he's got AS or other mental conditions (e.g. schizoid PD) which can lead to being socially off/inept and isolated.
What he did afterwards, the deed and his strange behaviour in the last months, is mostly attributed to either sociopathy or paranoid schizophrenia (among other things like circumstance and environmental factors).

I also don't think that this specualtion ("he's got AS") is that common. If anything, socially isolated people will get strange looks and remarks.
I remember one time, I got fired and my ex-boss told me that he hopes I won't come back tomorrow and go on a shooting spree. It was a joke and it happened at a time of media coverage of another killing rampage (I don't remember which). However he probably thought that I fitted the behavioural profile of whoever did that and thought it was funny.

your boss was a jack@ss, good riddance...however you probably needed that job but who wants to work for someone like that?

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 6:25 pm

NTAndrew wrote:
Rather than speculate if this person is or isn't an Aspie, I think we all know that the government needs to step in and ban something, and I think we all know what that is.

Orange hair dye.

When orange hair dye is illegal, only criminals will have orange hair. Then we can lock up all these faux Gingers and throw away the key.

Why the Brady Bunch got cancelled?:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHcK9hN1SKE[/youtube]

NTAndrew
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2012, 7:44 pm

ghoti wrote:
NTAndrew wrote:
Rather than speculate if this person is or isn't an Aspie, I think we all know that the government needs to step in and ban something, and I think we all know what that is.

Orange hair dye.

When orange hair dye is illegal, only criminals will have orange hair. Then we can lock up all these faux Gingers and throw away the key.

Why the Brady Bunch got cancelled?:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHcK9hN1SKE[/youtube]

Forget Nostradamos and the Bible Codes, our future was written in episodes of the Brady Bunch. Other episodes predicted such tragedies as the Great Recession of the early years of the 21st century and Kelly Clarkson winning American Idol.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:48 pm

Even if Holmes has Asperger's, that doesn't mean he can't have some sort of mental illness that would better explain why he did what he did.
Still, too many jackasses out there would jump on the Asperger's diagnosis and claim that inside all us Aspies lurks a psycho killer.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

NTAndrew wrote:

Orange hair dye.

Then people can go on tv and say "I would never have guessed their hair color was fake, they always seemed like such a normal ginger!"

And then new gun laws will be proposed for gun stores to certify on a form 4473 that fake gingers were screened out by making them stand in the sun and make sure they burn in under a half hour! :lol:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

NTAndrew
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2012, 9:48 pm

Half an hour? I spontaneously combust after 15 minutes in the sun.

NTAndrew
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

Anyone remember Richard Jewell and the Centenial Park bombing at the Atlanta Olympics. He was a rent-a-cop hired for security at the Olympics. He discovered a bomb and managed to evacuate a lot of people before it went off. The FBI targeted him as "a person of interest" in the bombing because of his Lone Wolf profile, his spotty employment record and the fact he was living with his mother. The press crucified him for 6 months although he was never charged. The FBI finally eliminated him as a suspect, informing him by letter.

If something like that happened to me, I would sooner kill myself than be followed around town by cameras and have every element of my life discussed on the evening news.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 10:09 pm

if he has anything its schizophrenia.college or late high school is when schizophrenic symptoms start.aspergers and any type of autism present symtoms from early childhood.even if one is not diagnosed until much later there differences are distict from the very begining of there life.schizoprenia will never show symtioms until at a minimum 15.there is a early onset form of schizophrenia but that is very very rare and a person would be institutionalized from early childhood and would not likely be in college.early onset schizophrenia is a devestating disability much more so than normal schizophrenia

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 5:26 am

Went to a place with lots of people very close together, where loud noise is common. Brought more things that make loud noises, made noise till they jammed.

Aspies avoid lots of strangers, and everyone is, noise, watch movies at home, with a remote in hand, may own some noise makers, but have a rapour with machines.

He does not fit the profile.

He was reported to be social and likable, how sick can you get.

Now the guy in Norway. He targeted the next generation of a political party, set off a distraction car bomb, I think he disliked government.

This guy disliked people who see first run movies? Besides, details are scarce, but some of the shot asked how the movie ended. A movie critic would have waited to the end.

I would Dx him as a brat throwing a tantrum. He killed people for being happy.

Any mental illness is ruled out by premeditation, he had plenty.

Dye him orange, lock him in a room with an endless loup of Batman playing, feed him popcorn. Between movies, the life of all the people he killed. Let him get to know them. Never let him see how the movie ends.

He may get off, as the police took what was his medical records out of the mail, and then made them public even though there was a gag order about everything. The fruit of the poison tree, and public police misconduct, may block him from being tried for anything.

Until mail is delivered to the person it is addressed to, it is under the jurisdiction of the United States Postal Inspectors, They can check it for dangerous or illegal material, then have to deliver to the addressee. It is part of his medical record, and is beyond the reach of the law.

Trial by police on TV, and they went to police school. The police committed a Federal Felony, followed by several State Felonies. Next they can beat up his shrink, and make public all the medical records of all the students.

Even if the State tries him on other evidence, his conviction will be set aside when appealed in Federal Court. Since the State will deny mental illness, they will not be able to lock him up for that.

Somewhere a DA is crying, his biggest case ever, national news, a ticket to run for Governor, or the Senate, totally screwed. He will be lucky to work as a Public Defender after this.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 7:56 am

Inventor wrote:
Went to a place with lots of people very close together, where loud noise is common. Brought more things that make loud noises, made noise till they jammed.

Aspies avoid lots of strangers, and everyone is, noise, watch movies at home, with a remote in hand, may own some noise makers, but have a rapour with machines.

He does not fit the profile.

He was reported to be social and likable, how sick can you get.

Now the guy in Norway. He targeted the next generation of a political party, set off a distraction car bomb, I think he disliked government.

This guy disliked people who see first run movies? Besides, details are scarce, but some of the shot asked how the movie ended. A movie critic would have waited to the end.

I would Dx him as a brat throwing a tantrum. He killed people for being happy.

Any mental illness is ruled out by premeditation, he had plenty.

Dye him orange, lock him in a room with an endless loup of Batman playing, feed him popcorn. Between movies, the life of all the people he killed. Let him get to know them. Never let him see how the movie ends.

He may get off, as the police took what was his medical records out of the mail, and then made them public even though there was a gag order about everything. The fruit of the poison tree, and public police misconduct, may block him from being tried for anything.

Until mail is delivered to the person it is addressed to, it is under the jurisdiction of the United States Postal Inspectors, They can check it for dangerous or illegal material, then have to deliver to the addressee. It is part of his medical record, and is beyond the reach of the law.

Trial by police on TV, and they went to police school. The police committed a Federal Felony, followed by several State Felonies. Next they can beat up his shrink, and make public all the medical records of all the students.

Even if the State tries him on other evidence, his conviction will be set aside when appealed in Federal Court. Since the State will deny mental illness, they will not be able to lock him up for that.

Somewhere a DA is crying, his biggest case ever, national news, a ticket to run for Governor, or the Senate, totally screwed. He will be lucky to work as a Public Defender after this.
i dont doubt that police and DA misconduct may complicate an open and shut case,but there is no doubt he will spend the rest of his life somewhere.there were a lot of eye wittnesses

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

psychlogy expert on cnn says schizophrenia most likely.i think its safe to say people with autism reputation is safe

NTAndrew
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2012, 9:50 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
psychlogy expert on cnn says schizophrenia most likely.i think its safe to say people with autism reputation is safe

Relax guys! The heat is off. Now we'll be hearing how all schizophrenics are dangerous and should be locked up. Or worse...

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 10:44 pm

NTAndrew wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Relax guys! The heat is off. Now we'll be hearing how all schizophrenics are dangerous and should be locked up. Or worse...
yes good point.

my two posts were based on what psychology experts on CNN said specificly about james holmes.both my posts were made after the comments of two different guests on CNN.it is not my personal opinion schyzophrenics are dangerous and that was not my intent of my posts

LennytheWicked
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 6:37 am

NTAndrew wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

We've been hearing that nonstop since schizophrenia became a diagnosis, and the unspoken truth of the matter is that people with schizophrenia who go batshit insane and attack people are also usually the kind who are not receiving treatment.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 8:27 am

LennytheWicked wrote:
NTAndrew wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

We've been hearing that nonstop since schizophrenia became a diagnosis, and the unspoken truth of the matter is that people with schizophrenia who go batshit insane and attack people are also usually the kind who are not receiving treatment.
Ok,take it up with CNN.
I simply posted this to asure people that holmes is not autistic