T-shirt made to make the police think you're wearing a seatb

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 2:35 pm

Zodai wrote:
Back when I was a kid, I would always put the part that went across the torso behind my back; I found it quite uncomfortable ;p

When i was young my mother and i did the same way, wore the waist part and put the torso strap behind our back.
A long while ago i started to wear it the right way. Ma still might try to put it behind though..

That shirt is so silly. I'm not sure about foreign cars, however American cars there's a gap of belt that is what police look for that is visible from where the seat belt starts to the shoulder of the person. I doubt any cop would look at people's shirts. If your driving around the cops are looking to see if the belt is stretched reaching across the driver, not at any shirts lol

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm

There are other costs on other people of not wearing a seat belt like the cost to everyone behind you on the road as police investigate fatal accidents which takes longer.

FIVEWSWHOWHATETC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Mar 2013, 3:44 pm

A thousand and one bits (I lost count a long-time ago!) of wisdom regarding auto, driving, traffic, safety, and human behaviors we're "drilled into me" from day-one (I've heard the term "road monitor"). Hence, wearing a seat-belt became second-nature long before there were seat-belt laws.

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 4:44 pm

It was drummed into me from a very early age. One of the very few times I didn't wear a seat belt I ended up waking up on the floor, bleeding all over the place. I don't remember the crash itself but my last memory before the crash was thinking "I really should put my seat belt on".

Oddly enough I'm pretty paranoid about wearing one now, even for the shortest journeys.

IDontGetIt
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2013, 4:54 pm

You would have to be a complete baby to wear one of those t-shirts. "Hurr durr I'm such a rebel."