a good news story to counter all the bad

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 6:41 pm

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21797722/2013/03/26/woman-thanks-chilis-for-fixing-autistic-sisters-cheeseburger

A woman posted on Facebook recently to thank Chili's Grill and Bar for the excellent service they provided to her 7-year-old autistic sister.

The sister, Arianna, has a strong need for routine, and when she received her meal, she was upset that the cheeseburger was 'broken' - ie it had been cut in half.

The waitress, when she learnt of this, immediately apologized for giving the girl a 'broken' cheeseburger, and promised to fetch another. Soon, the restaurant manager also came out to apologise to the little girl.

When Arianna got her new cheeseburger, she kissed it happily, and her sister took a picture of it.

Valkyrie2012
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2013, 7:57 pm

Thanks for sharing :)

Very rough day - was good to find a nice bit towards the end of it :)

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 11:28 pm

That's cute. She kissed it. Aww. 7-year-olds. It's such a tiny burger, though, I wonder why they cut it in the first place. I guess restaurants have their little routines, too.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.