Boston bombers identified as ......Neuro-Typical

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Apr 2013, 11:01 am

Friends say they were "normal" and "social"-I do hope that we do not have a media led witch hunt against Neuro-Typicals like there was after Newtown against Autistics.Wonder if the Uncle Tom Auties will answer this?

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 11:07 am

I venture to guess that the psychology that leads one to the conclusion that it is proper to place a couple of pressure cooker bombs at a crowded public event is anything but typical.

While they may have been neurotypical with respect to the autism spectrum, that is not the only measure of neurotypicality.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 11:10 am

Neuro Typical Chechnayan Muslims.

Allah hu akbar!

ruveyn

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Apr 2013, 11:31 am

Its the appropriate definition on these Autism Forums,the last century shows that NT violence is typical,or at least more typical than the odd Adam Lanza is for us.Nice gymnastics though....

visagrunt wrote:
I venture to guess that the psychology that leads one to the conclusion that it is proper to place a couple of pressure cooker bombs at a crowded public event is anything but typical.

While they may have been neurotypical with respect to the autism spectrum, that is not the only measure of neurotypicality.
[u]

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 11:37 am

They've just picked a different minority for the witch-hunt this time. It's too soon to go after autistics again. Chechnyan Muslims, as I understand, are the devil du jour. Look for anti-Muslim sentiment to climb within hours.

Get this through your heads: The acceptable standard is: White (at least on the inside, since we've come to realize that people just can't help their pigmentation), Christian (but not too Christian, and only at approved times and in approved places), heterosexual (but not homophobic), fourth- to seventh- generation European-American, two children (or planning on it), earning between $55,000 and $120,000 a year (or striving to appear to be living that lifestyle and/or going to school to get there), left-leaning (but not too far left-- a left-handed manner that leans to the right). Invested in the Dow, buys food at the grocery store, takes the car to the mechanic and the kids to daycare. Upwardly mobile.

This is the correct and valued standard. Anything else can and will be the victim of a witch hunt.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 1:17 pm

These two Chechnayan Muslims murdered two women and an 8-year old boy. They also maimed and crippled dozens of others. One of them was wearing a suicide vest when he confronted the police.

[opinion=mine]

Anyone who feels sympathy for them should be treated as one of them.

[/opinion]

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 1:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
These two Chechnayan Muslims murdered two women and an 8-year old boy. They also maimed and crippled dozens of others. One of them was wearing a suicide vest when he confronted the police.

[opinion=mine]

^^^
If it were possible: leave the vest on 'em, drop them off down a chute into solitary confinement with nothing else: no food, no water, no light, just themselves and air, and throw away the key.

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm

I heard that he was "normal and "social" on the news, and heard other things that supported that he was social, and then when I was listening to the radio after that, I heard them try to paint him as a "smart" and "quiet" kid, which makes him sound like an Aspie. Those unworthy of life, sacks of s***, on the radio really pissed me the f*** off today. It makes me want to go down there and cut their f***ing faces off, then dowse them with gasoline, and light them on fire. Then laugh maniacally at those motherf***ers while they burn and scream in pain. F*** those f***ing f***s on the radio.

Hopefully the description of him being "normal" and "social", that the evidence seems to back up, is the one that the general public believes. That way this tragedy will negate some of the paranoia towards Aspies, rather than increase it. This tragedy shows that "normal" and "social" people are also capable of acts of violence.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 3:19 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
They've just picked a different minority for the witch-hunt this time. It's too soon to go after autistics again. Chechnyan Muslims, as I understand, are the devil du jour. Look for anti-Muslim sentiment to climb within hours.

Get this through your heads: The acceptable standard is: White (at least on the inside, since we've come to realize that people just can't help their pigmentation), Christian (but not too Christian, and only at approved times and in approved places), heterosexual (but not homophobic), fourth- to seventh- generation European-American, two children (or planning on it), earning between $55,000 and $120,000 a year (or striving to appear to be living that lifestyle and/or going to school to get there), left-leaning (but not too far left-- a left-handed manner that leans to the right). Invested in the Dow, buys food at the grocery store, takes the car to the mechanic and the kids to daycare. Upwardly mobile.

This is the correct and valued standard. Anything else can and will be the victim of a witch hunt.

And how the heck is the public gonna be able to tell the difference between a Chechnyan Muslim and a regular person? People could be going after Jewish people or light skinned Hispanics without even knowing it. Back in December and Indian man was murdered by a crazy lady who thought Hindus were involved in 9/11.

And hate crimes have already been happening against Muslims before the police revealed the pics of the suspects: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... f=religion

You know alot of people say that humanity is questioned when a major tragedy occurs. You can't judge humanity based on the severity of a tragedy comitted by one or two persons. You based humanity on the way people respond to it afterward and after the attacks on Autistics after Newtown, that was when I began to question humanity. Stories like this aren't helping the situation.

allegrorules
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2013, 3:22 pm

For now... I wouldn't be surprised if they try to say they had asperger's or asperger-like characteristics before long.

NewDawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2013, 3:22 pm

Fnord wrote:

One of them also shot an MIT police officer. I feel deeply sad for the victims of the marathon bombing, but the murder of the MIT police man hit me very hard because I´m taking an MITx course right now and feel part of the MIT community. I hope they catch the creep soon!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 4:18 pm

Neurotypical, but with a sense of disaffection in their new home of America, and still being enamored by the religious fundamentalism and nationalism of the old country. Proof that us autistics aren't the only ones feeling isolated, with crazy thoughts running around inside our heads.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 4:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Neurotypical, but with a sense of disaffection in their new home of America, and still being enamored by the religious fundamentalism and nationalism of the old country.

This doesn't really count, as often the descendants of German people of Turkish descent living in Germany are more devout (or extremist) than people actually living in Turkey itself.

The same is very, very often true of second/third generation Pakistanis living in England. They come from tribal parts of Pakistan.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 5:27 pm

"Neurotypicality" is a matter of neural structure, not psychology. My neurology is atypical; however, I have paperwork certifying that I'm sane. People with absolutely normal neurology sometimes go off the deep end and turn into Ed Gein. Brains are weird.

As a side note: Ethnically, these boys originate from the region of the Caucasus Mountains. They literally could not be more Caucasian. So much for the "dusky-skinned foreigners" terrorist meme...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 11:25 pm

Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Neurotypical, but with a sense of disaffection in their new home of America, and still being enamored by the religious fundamentalism and nationalism of the old country.

This doesn't really count, as often the descendants of German people of Turkish descent living in Germany are more devout (or extremist) than people actually living in Turkey itself.

The same is very, very often true of second/third generation Pakistanis living in England. They come from tribal parts of Pakistan.

It can be argued people who feel disenfranchised tend to become more clannish, and become more open to the most extreme notions of their group's identity.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 8:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

It can be argued people who feel disenfranchised tend to become more clannish, and become more open to the most extreme notions of their group's identity.

You are a True Liberal. You are making excuses for them.

ruveyn