Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:55 pm

Whenever I see anything online about a kid misbehaving in the US, there are normally tons of replies saying how badly the kid needs to have his butt whipped and describe it in in vivid, sadistic, pedaphobic detail. I know there states that think paddling is "okay". But if you so much as swat a dog or a cat people freak and call it abuse. Let's face it, our society says it loves its children but most adults who love their children and never want them harmed couldn't care less about other people's kids.

And I should know, because I have no children, and when I go to a store where there are kids screaming and bawling, it's all I can do to keep from screaming at them to shut up. At least once I actually have. And what visually goes through my mind is basically out of a Simpsons cartoon.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 7:00 pm

Holy crap! That's awful. I am beginning to feel that the dark side has the upper hand.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 8:50 pm

This is probably something I really shouldn't watch with my four-year-old sitting beside me, isn't it??

This is probably something I already believe, that I probably just shouldn't watch, or I won't be able to send my kids to school.

ETA: Nope, halfway through, have to stop.

Right now I want to grab the bug-out bags and take my little ones HOME to West Virginia. Where their godmother is a special-needs aide. Where good old hillbilly common sense made a functional human being out of my daddy, and me, before there was any diagnosis for people like us so "professionals" could "fix" us. Where the "ignorant hillbillies," God love them, don't allow people to do this crap to their kids.

Sentimentality isn't going to help.

Running away isn't going to help. Hubby says that the bad people will just come after you, and he's probably right.

It's time to turn around, plant my feet, and fight.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 1:47 pm

Watching that video, and seeing that my home state of Washington and neighboring Oregon were among the seven states that did not allow such treatment of autistic children, I turned to my wife and said to her, "We're never leaving the Pacific Northwest." At least not as long as our autistic daughter is of school age.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 2:26 pm

With Autistic kids doing this to people with touch sensitivities. Really?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman