Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:44 pm

Damm,you must have smoked some potent s**t. :D

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:24 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm SO sick of hearing about how "good" dope is, when will it stop? It's called dope because it makes you indifferent to everything going on around you. Your house could be on fire and instead of trying to escape you're just sitting there and being like, "Ever notice that fire looks like dancing orange fairies, maaaan?" :drunken:

You're talking about dissociatives. Marijuana is a depressant, relaxant and a vasodilator. If you liked what your blood cells were already doing, it would get them to their jobs faster, in greater numbers. I'm not saying it's intrinsically good, I'm saying you are hurting people's chances of access to one of their only remedies by spreading hate.

Go away.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:34 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm SO sick of hearing about how "good" dope is, when will it stop? It's called dope because it makes you indifferent to everything going on around you. Your house could be on fire and instead of trying to escape you're just sitting there and being like, "Ever notice that fire looks like dancing orange fairies, maaaan?" :drunken:

Is this an anecdote from your own experience?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:34 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

Marijuana is called dope by those who know little botany.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 3:00 am

cberg wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Actually it's called "dope" by white-trash hick/rednecks at least the times I've heard it. The correct usage is when referring to powdered forms of hard-drugs in my opinion. For example, I only consider Heroin to be dope when in powder form.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 6:03 am

cberg wrote:

And those who know their botany refer to it as Cannabis and to be more specific sativa, indica or ruderalis.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 9:55 am

No one here calls it dope,if someone says that,they usually mean crank now.The only people I've ever heard call weed "dope" were really old and straight laced.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:44 pm

If by old and straight laced you mean mislead and downtrodden. This kind of one-way-respect really saddens me, I see it between the genders and increasingly among the elderly.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 6:11 pm

Marijuana is an infinitely better choice of substance than both alcohol and tobacco.

Delta9-TetraHydroCannabinol, commonly known as THC, is the most active ingredient in cannabis and causes both drowsiness (which is likely why people smoke it) and short-term memory loss (which *is* a problem in an educational setting). However, Cannabis also contains Cannabidiol, which provides pain relief and could perhaps be used to alleviate suffering in cancer patients.

Much of the real damage from Cannabis is probably due to the fact that it is smoked, as ingesting particles into one's lungs is never going to be good. Legalization may accelerate production of cannabis types that can be ingested without smoking, thus removing one of the major (perhaps *the* major) health risk of cannabis.

Alcohol can have some health benefits in small amounts, but will result in significantly reduced lifespan if abused.

Tobacco is like Danny Trejo in Machete: Tobacco Kills.

You will - literally - find stuff in supermarket food aisles more dangerous to your health than marijuana.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 6:42 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Legalization may accelerate production of cannabis types that can be ingested without smoking, thus removing one of the major (perhaps *the* major) health risk of cannabis.

I would actually rate prison as the major health risk of cannabis.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 6:46 pm

cberg wrote:
If by old and straight laced you mean mislead and downtrodden. This kind of one-way-respect really saddens me, I see it between the genders and increasingly among the elderly.

No,I mean cranky and narrow minded,not mislead and downtrodden.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

In my life I see the cranky and narrow minded as one and the same with misinformed or impoverished people. Granted, I live in Colorado; those unaware of our laws here are worlds more likely to become involved with hard drugs. Marijuana is for everyone from students to grandmothers here - it's not really taboo unless someone extremely irritable & undereducated comes along.

daydrinker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2014, 6:41 pm

I think it depends on what troubles you. A NT might not get much of an academic benefit. I have a decent IQ but it comes with a price and rarely do I ever feel like I get the full benefit. My mind is constantly racing with distracting thoughts that weave around my looming anxiety & depression. I could see the benefit of marijuana in a situation like mine.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 1:49 am

too bad they smell godawful and dress likewise.
worse everyone here does it (i live in socal)
i heard a while ago ecstasy was found in the bathrooms in my ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
how do they even get access to that?!

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 2:01 pm

Tis is not saying teen pot smokers are smarter or do better than peers. It seems to just compare with cigarette smokers. Believe me, as someone who has smoked for over 40 years but recently wised up. It affects your mind to smoke pot while you are still in the developmental stage of growing. I used to be in denial. All drug users are in denial about a lot of things, but pot does adversely affect the function and chemical structure of your brain at that age.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 7:45 pm

khaoz wrote:
Tis is not saying teen pot smokers are smarter or do better than peers. It seems to just compare with cigarette smokers. Believe me, as someone who has smoked for over 40 years but recently wised up. It affects your mind to smoke pot while you are still in the developmental stage of growing. I used to be in denial. All drug users are in denial about a lot of things, but pot does adversely affect the function and chemical structure of your brain at that age.

I have not really seen any sort of direct proof that smoking cannabis when you're still growing....seems like that is more speculation that just hasn't been disproven without a doubt. There are plenty of successful people who started smoking when they were adolescents who do just fine in life. Also I don't think you can claim that 'all' drug users are in denial about lots of things, it is possible to use drugs and not be in denial about anything.