Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 5:11 am

I don't do any of that.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 6:54 am

11. Be a moocher or someone with a serious victim complex.

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 7:32 am

Whoever wrote that did it from the perspective of someone quite successful & arrogant.

1. Can't wait a few more seconds in the grocery store line? Is your time really that important?
2. Only talking to people on 'your level'? I guess you'd have to be on a 'level' to have 'right' people to talk to.
3. Strangers ask you for giant favors? Who the hell does that happen to who isn't hugely successful and capable of actually providing said favors should they so choose, and if your are aren't you just 'Humblebragging' by complaining about it?
4. I don't ignore people in need, the truth is I save my change because the day always comes when I end up spending every last penny just to eat for a few days. I can't afford to give a few bucks, or donate a coat, so who the hell are you that you have the luxury of deciding whether or not to be generous and to criticize those who aren't?
5. Ask a question so I can talk? That must be something people who won't be ostracized and/or fired/kicked out of whereever they are because they're bigshots can get away with. I've never even heard of that crap.
6. Do you know who I am? Wtf. Who's in a position to even hear people say crap like that that isn't ridiculously sucessful already, and if you are, why should it bother you, Mr. Insecure?
7. Dial what back? This guy must be surrounded by the most arrogant, larger than life people in the world who can be exuberant and irreverent because they have no real worries dragging them down. Who the hell are those people, I wonder?
8. If I make fun of myself for things, it's because I know I'm not perfect. I don't mind other people chiming it, because I'm not doing it to deflect from the issue like this guy & the people on his 'level' apparently are, I do it because I'm not afraid of who and what I am, flaws and all. Coming accross as all insecure because your deflection didn't work is just pathetic, which I guess is a nice change from the arrogance.
9. Humblebrag? Wtf. Another thing only people who are already ridiculously sucessful could even come up with, let alone actually do. In fact, complain about it (and all this crap) is basically a form of just that.
10. Oh, so because I'm not a world-renowned expert on a subject my opinion has no right to be voiced, I'm only to speak about it when asked? Who the f**k are you, and where do you live? I'm asking so I can stay far the hell away from people like you and those around you who have these 'problems'?

11. Write an arrogant, insecure, out of touch list of Rich, Successful People's Problems and get it posted on a public forum so everyone can see what an arrogant, entitled, insecure ass you really are. :roll:

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 7:42 am

Mostly I go off talking about my own interests to much without realizing it.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 7:42 am

Bodyles wrote:
Whoever wrote that did it from the perspective of someone quite successful & arrogant.

1. Can't wait a few more seconds in the grocery store line? Is your time really that important?
2. Only talking to people on 'your level'? I guess you'd have to be on a 'level' to have 'right' people to talk to.
3. Strangers ask you for giant favors? Who the hell does that happen to who isn't hugely successful and capable of actually providing said favors should they so choose, and if your are aren't you just 'Humblebragging' by complaining about it?
4. I don't ignore people in need, the truth is I save my change because the day always comes when I end up spending every last penny just to eat for a few days. I can't afford to give a few bucks, or donate a coat, so who the hell are you that you have the luxury of deciding whether or not to be generous and to criticize those who aren't?
5. Ask a question so I can talk? That must be something people who won't be ostracized and/or fired/kicked out of whereever they are because they're bigshots can get away with. I've never even heard of that crap.
6. Do you know who I am? Wtf. Who's in a position to even hear people say crap like that that isn't ridiculously sucessful already, and if you are, why should it bother you, Mr. Insecure?
7. Dial what back? This guy must be surrounded by the most arrogant, larger than life people in the world who can be exuberant and irreverent because they have no real worries dragging them down. Who the hell are those people, I wonder?
8. If I make fun of myself for things, it's because I know I'm not perfect. I don't mind other people chiming it, because I'm not doing it to deflect from the issue like this guy & the people on his 'level' apparently are, I do it because I'm not afraid of who and what I am, flaws and all. Coming accross as all insecure because your deflection didn't work is just pathetic, which I guess is a nice change from the arrogance.
9. Humblebrag? Wtf. Another thing only people who are already ridiculously sucessful could even come up with, let alone actually do. In fact, complain about it (and all this crap) is basically a form of just that.
10. Oh, so because I'm not a world-renowned expert on a subject my opinion has no right to be voiced, I'm only to speak about it when asked? Who the f**k are you, and where do you live? I'm asking so I can stay far the hell away from people like you and those around you who have these 'problems'?

11. Write an arrogant, insecure, out of touch list of Rich, Successful People's Problems and get it posted on a public forum so everyone can see what an arrogant, entitled, insecure ass you really are. :roll:

If you're going to criticize an article, it helps to read it fully. It's actually pretty good (and not written to accuse you personally, because they've never even met you). Example: #5 isn't saying that you should ask questions so you can talk, it's saying that people who only ask questions so they can spout their own opinions....

Quote:
A guy at lunch asks, "Hey, do you think social-media marketing is effective?"

"Well," you answer, "I think under the right circumstances..."

"Wrong," he interrupts. "I've never seen an ROI. I've never seen a bump in direct sales. Plus 'awareness' is not a measurable or even an important goal..." and he drones on while you desperately try to escape.

... are alienating.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 8:02 am

I thought the list was pretty good.

I will add: Don't focus on facts when someone is looking for emotional support.

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 8:05 am

coffeebean wrote:
Bodyles wrote:

If you're going to criticize an article, it helps to read it fully. It's actually pretty good (and not written to accuse you personally, because they've never even met you). Example: #5 isn't saying that you should ask questions so you can talk, it's saying that people who only ask questions so they can spout their own opinions....

Quote:
A guy at lunch asks, "Hey, do you think social-media marketing is effective?"

"Well," you answer, "I think under the right circumstances..."

"Wrong," he interrupts. "I've never seen an ROI. I've never seen a bump in direct sales. Plus 'awareness' is not a measurable or even an important goal..." and he drones on while you desperately try to escape.

... are alienating.

I read the whole thing.
I didn't misinterpret #5, you misinterpreted my response.
I undertand what he was saying completely, I'm just incredulous because no one I've ever been around would even consider doing something like that.
"Ask a question so I can talk? That must be something people who won't be ostracized and/or fired/kicked out of whereever they are because they're bigshots can get away with. I've never even heard of that crap. "
What I was referring to was the fact that I've never been around anyone who would even THINK of doing that because they'd be run out (of wherever) on a rail, even if they were the boss & ran the company.
I've literally never heard of anyone doing anything like that crap. Who is this guy & the people he's around on a regular basis where that happens enough to make it into a list, the local chapter of self-important rich f***s anonymous?

I read it, more than once.
It got worse each time because it's clear if these things are problems for this guy that he's not only arrogant, hugely sucessful, insecure, and opinionated, but that he lives in a bubble world of similar people.
I know this, because the things he complain about aren't annoying traits ordinary people have or things that they do or deal with.
When was the last time a complete stranger asked you or anyone you know for a huge favor with an expectation that you could and even might grant it? Never, 'cause you're not rich or well known enough to have that happen to you.
When was the last time you or anyone you know heard anyone do the things in 5 & 6? Again, never, because no one you know is self-important enough to even consider doing them.

Seriously, I've never heard those things in my entire life, and it's not because I'm sheltered, it's because I don't move in circles of rich arrogant f***s who think they're better than everyone else, and if I was priveledged enough to have the money & connections to do so, I certainly wouldn't whine & b***h about it. That'd make me no better than them, like this guy. :roll:

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 8:12 am

For someone who claims to not be arrogant, you sure are making a lot of nasty assumptions about someone's life and character based on nothing more than an online article about problems you don't personally see.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 9:23 am

Another way to lose friends and irritate people: get involved with Amway Global and Quixtar MLM.

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 10:00 am

coffeebean wrote:
For someone who claims to not be arrogant, you sure are making a lot of nasty assumptions about someone's life and character based on nothing more than an online article about problems you don't personally see.

There you go again, making assumptions & putting words in my mouth.
I never claimed not to be arrogant.
I admit to it fully, without reservation, and generally always have.
I explicity stated that I'm arrogant earlier on another, unrelated thread as the first of a list of my less than wonderful traits: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp6015617.html

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 11:41 am

I don't do any of those things.
However, I do come up with funny nicknames for people. But I don't use them face to face. What gets me into trouble is somebody who's a snitch telling the boss "he called Dennis Cousin It."

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 7:17 pm

micfranklin wrote:
11. Be a moocher or someone with a serious victim complex.

12. Lecturing people on why they should stop acting like victims.
13. Lecturing people on why they should stop lecturing people on acting like victims.

Actually, Bodyles is kind of right, although perhaps an overreaction. . The article is written from a nice comfy position of superiority.

Having said that, while the article is counterproductive, it's basically true. It doesn't really help anyone though other than to make them feel about themselves if they don't fall on the list.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2014, 1:31 am

#14- too many "me" and "I"
#15 too many syllables
$16 too much blah blah blah

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2014, 11:15 am

Quote:
1. You thoughtlessly waste other peoples' time.
Every time you wait until the grocery clerk finishes ringing you up to search for your debit card says you couldn't care less if others have to wait unnecessarily.

This one drives me mother effing nuts! :x
I had one a few months ago, the absolute worse, that;
• Haggled over the prices with the cashier (e.g. “I thought those were on sale” and “I thought these were buy one – get one”, etc. If they were on sale or buy one – get one there’d be a sign, stupid!)
• Asked me (next in line) which candy bar she should get while pondering the entire selection that is located on the rack in the checkout lane.
• Long after the cashier rung her stuff up and she’d finally decided what she wanted out of the candy bar rack, she pulls out a check book, not a debit card or even cash like a normal person, and takes her time writing it. It doesn’t end there; she f***s up writing the check and takes enough time to write a novel to write the next one.
• The cashier asked for some kind of ID because of the check and she had to dig for that which seemed an eternity in itself.
• Even after all that, she still took forever to clear the lane so that I and the growing line of people behind me could advance.

I should note that she wasn't old and senile or even ret*d; just a ditsy scatterbrain that has probably unknowingly caused countless injuries or even deaths just from being so utterly stupid and/or thoughtless. I don't even want to think about what she's like behind the wheel, at home, or at work.

Quote:
7. You don't dial it back. An unusual personality is a lot of fun--until it isn't. Yet when the going gets tough or a situation gets stressful, some people just can't stop "expressing their individuality."

Used to be a real world fault of mine but I’ve learned to tone it down by being generally quiet all the time.

Quote:
10. You push your opinions. You know things. Cool things. Great things.
Awesome. But only share them in the right settings. If you're a mentor, share away. If you're a coach or a leader, share away.

Ah yes; “If I do it and I’m so wonderful then you should do it too, or I’ll be mad at you.”

Quote:
If you're the guy who just started a paleo diet, don't tell us all what to order.
I know a fat man that often goes on fad diets. Bless his heart, he is diligent about it and has noticeable success each time, but eventually falls off the wagon due to the long term impracticality of the diet.
The problem for the rest of the people (including me) that he comes in daily contact with is that he tries to force the damn diet or parts of it on everyone whether they need it or not. He can’t pass by anyone even snacking on anything without giving his unsolicited yet detailed nutritional analysis of it. Of course, when he falls off the wagon he’ll eat ANYTHING in massive quantities (e.g. three BK double woppers and two large fries, washed down with the biggest soft drink that they offer in one sitting that I witnessed as just one example.) and he gets all butthurt when anyone comments on it or even rolls their eyes. :roll:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2014, 1:49 pm

Here's another way to irritate people: copy and repost and comment on incredibly huge posts on this website.