Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

arnyswart
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2014, 2:55 pm

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fitnes ... 6944613348

I have always had problems running because no one explained how to do it. I came across this interesting article. I'm going to give it a go, anyone else interested?

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 5:06 pm

I didn't click that, but my counselor said that her daughter had trouble running and had to learn how in occupational therapy. Once you learn to move your arms rhythmically with running, it apparently links something to your brain that helps you run. I don't move my arms back and forth when I walk or run, and I always questioned people that do. When I run, I sometimes move my arms like I'm flying, or I just flail them around. I don't walk with my arms, therefore they don't have to randomly move back and forth for me to do so. The only time I do move my arms back and forth while walking is if I am doing it super dramatically out of boredom or for "stimming."

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

arnyswart
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2014, 1:24 am

When I was your age I had the same problem. I used to move my right arm with my right leg as it seemed quite logical to do that, until someone pointed it out. The rational of moving the right arm with left leg is for balance. It allows for a more co-ordinated movement. Try it on some pavers, look at your pathway and keeping straight when moving your opposite arms and legs compared to no movement or other side.

It was just no one pointed that out, so I never learned the rule.