Zoiks! 8O

US Commander Under Arrest For Refusing To Fire Nukes At Russia

Navy Times: TACAMO wing CO fired amid investigation

Russia Warns Citizens to Prepare for War

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 2:19 pm

Meh. We're all doomed anyway. Climate change, disease, the economy, stupidity... unbelievable stupidity...if I see any mushroom clouds I'll be running towards them to end my misery a lot faster. It's been a fairy decent life but it should have been a lot better if everyone didn't all suck so much.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

Misleading thread title. How disappointing.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 2:55 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
if I see any mushroom clouds I'll be running towards them to end my misery a lot faster.

Okay, well...enjoy radiation sickness, I guess.

Humanaut wrote:

Hmm, nuclear war involving the US, Russia and the European Union doesn't qualify as WW III? Perhaps it would help if you actually read the articles.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm

will@rd wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
if I see any mushroom clouds I'll be running towards them to end my misery a lot faster.

Okay, well...enjoy radiation sickness, I guess.

Humanaut wrote:

Hmm, nuclear war involving the US, Russia and the European Union doesn't qualify as WW III? Perhaps it would help if you actually read the articles.

Then why do only a bunch of conspiracy websites know this, and why is this not reported in other media? There is no way anyone is going to start a nuclear war over Crimea or eastern Ukraine. There will be military exercises from NATO countries to show solidarity and readiness in case it would really come to war, but I think it is extremely unlikely this conflict will turn into a nuclear war. Remember what happened to Georgia around 2008? Russia invaded and still occupies part of Georgia and basically no one cares.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 1:37 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Then why do only a bunch of conspiracy websites know this, and why is this not reported in other media? There is no way anyone is going to start a nuclear war over Crimea or eastern Ukraine. There will be military exercises from NATO countries to show solidarity and readiness in case it would really come to war, but I think it is extremely unlikely this conflict will turn into a nuclear war. Remember what happened to Georgia around 2008? Russia invaded and still occupies part of Georgia and basically no one cares.

Agreed, the west will avoid conflict with Russia for as long as possible, I don't think they will interfere in anyway until (maybe) Russia goes and occupies the Baltic countries...but even then it will be no nuclear war.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 2:14 pm

The Russian nukes are old and badly maintained. Most would probably fail to launch, or blow up on take-off. The rest are duds. I think it would be relatively safe for the West to launch a preemptive attack.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 2:21 pm

Safe, because of course there are no kids in Russia. The Cyrillic alphabet was always creepy anyway...

:cry:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 6:34 pm

Bondkatten wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

Agreed, the west will avoid conflict with Russia for as long as possible, I don't think they will interfere in anyway until (maybe) Russia goes and occupies the Baltic countries...but even then it will be no nuclear war.

Yes, I don't think it will become a nuclear war then, but it will still be pretty awful since all NATO countries will have to go to war. If they let a NATO country be invaded and do nothing the alliance will become meaningless. The good thing is that today the Russian army is probably no match for the combined NATO forces, so there is no need to use nukes as a last resort measure, unlike the years after WW2 when the militaries of continental Europe were in shambles.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 6:54 pm

Hasn't the US been in WW3 since 2001? :? :lol:

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 7:29 pm

trollcatman wrote:
There is no way anyone is going to start a nuclear war over Crimea or eastern Ukraine. .

The Anglo-American world power only require an excuse and way to blame the other side for starting a world war. the excuse for the last one was Poland, the fact we abandoned Poland to its fate after it furnished the excuse revealed that we didn't actually care two hoots what happened to them, as for the previous one, what was that about!

Its not about saving the Crimea or Ukraine, we just need an excuse to start another world war that we can claim the other guy started, so we can revitalize the broken economy, save the Petro-Dollar, bring about the Totalitarian Banker Global dictatorship, and still consider ourselves the good guys saving a world from evil.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 7:35 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Hasn't the US been in WW3 since 2001?

It wouldn't qualify as more than sporadic skirmishes compared to WWI and WWII standards. More people died during single day battles in WWI.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 8:32 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Meh. We're all doomed anyway. Climate change, disease, the economy, stupidity... unbelievable stupidity...if I see any mushroom clouds I'll be running towards them to end my misery a lot faster. It's been a fairy decent life but it should have been a lot better if everyone didn't all suck so much.

If you hold your thumb up towards the mushroom cloud with your arm stretched out all the way and if you can cover the mushroom cloud from your vision, then you are out of range. Radiation poisoning is not a fun way to go, so you'll want to be incinerated by the heatwave.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 8:40 pm

This isn't WW3 anymore than the coldwar is. Actually, you could say the cold war continues and so does von Neumann's curse (Nuclear Proliferation.)

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 8:59 pm

Actually, if you ever read anything written by T. S. Eliot,

"This is the way the world shall end: not with a bang, but a whimper."

--The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 9:26 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Actually, if you ever read anything written by T. S. Eliot,

"This is the way the world shall end: not with a bang, but a whimper."

--The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

I love T.S. Eliot and I agree with that sentiment.