One of the ELR Twins Shoots Himself Dead, at 19

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 6:11 pm

Sawyer Sweeten, who played "Geoffrey Barone" on "Everybody Loves Raymond" (one of the little boy twins, who was one of Raymond's kids), shot himself dead at the home of a relative; he was 19.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3056270/Sawyer-Sweeten-depressed-claim-family-reveal-child-star-shot-dead-Texas-vacation-relatives-downstairs.html

R.I.P. Sawyer Sweeten.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 2:54 am

imagine how his surviving twin feels.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 4:03 am

^^ Oh, I know----I worry about that, too!! When I heard about this, I was so terribly saddened that I read, practically, everything I could find, about it; and, every single thing said how they did absolutely everything together.

It's so, so sad.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 4:08 am

I wonder what made him do it?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 5:39 am

Well, there seems to be all kinds of contributing factors----a family member said he struggled with ADHD, and depression; and that depression runs rampant, through his family----I would bet, almost anything, that he was an Aspie, judging by what I've read. There were several accounts of relatives saying what a good kid, he was----not another of those "Hollywood kids", who got involved in drugs, drinking, etc.

There were also rumors of him having money troubles, and him being bullied because people thought he was gay (another common thing, Aspies experience). The rumors of "money troubles" don't seem to be true, though, as he was still receiving residuals from ELR (he had made $75,000 per episode, while the show was on, and it went into a Trust Fund); and, had just recently bought a house, with his twin, and a motorcycle (a Harley), and was planning on going to school to become a veterinarian, because he had such a great love of animals.

It seems like depression drove him, to do it, though----a family member said something was different about him, the last week----but, what specifically, no one knows.....

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 8:42 am

R.I.P. Sawyer :cry:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 8:53 am

auntblabby wrote:
We may never know what drove him to choose death over life. Here's a link to a list of probable causes.
Quote:
"Over 90 percent of people who die by suicide have a mental illness at the time of their death. And the most common mental illness is depression."

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 10:35 am

Sad indeed. One does have compassion for his twin, given their closeness.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 4:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
We may never know what drove him to choose death over life. Here's a link to a list of probable causes.
Quote:
"Over 90 percent of people who die by suicide have a mental illness at the time of their death. And the most common mental illness is depression."

Also, common antidepressants such as SSRI's can actually INCREASE suicidal ideation in some people, instead of decreasing it. If he was on SSRI's, or if he had decided to stop taking them either on doctor's orders or by himself, I have personally seen people who were normal suddenly become obsessed with suicide after quitting SSRI's cold turkey. SSRI's can be extremely dangerous to some people. I don't know if it was that, or possibly some kind of psychotic break, or simply untreated depression.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jun 2015, 4:33 pm

That is very sad. I wish he could have felt free to speak to someone, either in person or even online if necessary, to get some help. The problem with firearms is they can be used too quickly in a state of high emotion.

May his family and especially his brother find strength at this terrible time.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 9:29 pm

I can imagine his surviving twin feels abandoned. to lose a twin brother is akin to having a piece of one's heart ripped away. I remember reading a quote someplace by I can't remember who, it's stuck with me for a long time, "some people want to die because they don't know how to live."

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 10:34 pm

Holy f*** for a moment I thought you meant the actor who played Geoffrey the a** king on Game of Thrones, he plays a downright evil role but I saw an interview with the actor and he seemed like a polar opposite. This is sad too, but damn...

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 10:53 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I would bet, almost anything, that he was an Aspie, judging by what I've read.

Such as? Could you provide an example of something you came across that suggested he was an 'Aspie'?

Campin_Cat wrote:
There were also rumors of him having money troubles, and him being bullied because people thought he was gay (another common thing, Aspies experience).

A 'common thing'? I did not know this, this has never happened to me or anyone I know. Why would people think that 'Aspies' are also 'gay' (that's assuming they actually do, of course)?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 10:58 pm

it was a "common thing" for me :|

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 1:18 am

Lintar wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I would bet, almost anything, that he was an Aspie, judging by what I've read.

Such as? Could you provide an example of something you came across that suggested he was an 'Aspie'?

Campin_Cat wrote:
There were also rumors of him having money troubles, and him being bullied because people thought he was gay (another common thing, Aspies experience).

A 'common thing'? I did not know this, this has never happened to me or anyone I know. Why would people think that 'Aspies' are also 'gay' (that's assuming they actually do, of course)?

I was bullied for being a "lesbian" in middle school (I'm actually bisexual).