Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:05 am

YAY TRUMP WON!! !

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:14 am

This is a fact. Trump 276 to 218 with 270 needed to win. And looks like Trump also won the popular vote, but just barely.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:59 am

I want to say surprisingly he won, just not so sure I actually found it surprising.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:16 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I want to say surprisingly he won, just not so sure I actually found it surprising.

More like amazing. Him running started off as a joke. It just seemed like a publicity stunt. I wonder if he's going to have the outside of the White House decorated in gold mirrors and a giant neon TRUMP sign.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:20 am

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

More like amazing. Him running started off as a joke. It just seemed like a publicity stunt. I wonder if he's going to have the outside of the White House decorated in gold mirrors and a giant neon TRUMP sign.

Sky-pointing machine guns instead of water sprinklers? :P
In seriousness, it was alleged in the Wikileaks emails the Clinton campaign deliberately tried to get Trump or Jeb to win the primaries through getting the MSM to give him lots of airtime. Reason they were picked was due to Bush legacy or it being seen as a joke. If true this has ultimately backfired.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 7:47 am

I'm scared. :(

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 10:13 am

Exuvian wrote:

The United States survived worse (Nixon, Reagan, Bush(es), Clinton(s) and more). I believe it will survive this outcome just fine.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 10:34 am

I am happy to note that the People still rule in the United States.

The long standing liberal progressive establishment has received a vigorous rebuke. And it was high time.

The Republic stands.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 10:44 am

Exuvian wrote:

We survived Bush so I am sure we can make it again.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:27 am

I don't think Trump saying he's going after ISIS makes him a warmonger. Bush bombing the crap out of Iraq who had little to nothing to do with 911 and had no so called weapons of mass destruction was needless pointless warmongering in my opinion. Now I live very close to the Canadian boarder, and as far as I know, we can't just drive in there any time we want without going through the boarder inspection. Far as I know, that's illegal and we'd get arrested for it. And Americans aren't pouring into Canada. Although that might change with now that Trump is our president haha.

MissBraniac92
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2016, 1:37 pm

This feels too surreal to me. I still can't believe he won and I'm not exactly thrilled about it. His nasty and obnoxious attitude has always rubbed me the wrong way and I'm worried now that he might end up using his financial and political clout to police morality in this country, way beyond law and order. I guess the gay people might as well kiss the federal mandate that allows them to marry goodbye because it's more than likely Trump is going to strike that down when he makes his choice of supreme justices next year. What's next, Roe versus Wade?

I'm almost afraid he may try to strike it down too or even attempt to defund Planned Parenthood altogether so that we may end up with a whole generation of women that will be forced to give birth to unwanted babies and there will be a sharp increase in child abuse and neglect. Worse yet, we may end up going back to the days where women had to do back alley abortions because of pure desperation and lack of options. I know that abortion's a touchy subject but that's not all Planned Parenthood is for.

Honestly, I don't know if we can even survive Trump at this point. Geez, I wasn't this terrified when Bush JR got elected. He, Reagan and all of the other conservatives appear more like pussycats compared to Trump. I know that I sound extremely paranoid right now but Trump fills me with such fear that no other presidential candidate ever has before.

However, I don't think fighting ISIS is necessarily a bad thing because they're all scumbags anyway but I feel like Trump is just too much of an extremist. That's the vibe I get from him. For example, he wants to dismantle the Department of Education. Really? How about just clean house?! What in the world does he expect to replace it with anyway?!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
My mother said Trump would never win. That a terrifying, racist, sexist, war-mongering pig like him wouldn't win and that I wouldn't have to worry.

Well at least I have the pleasure of telling her that she was WRONG, and now I *really* have a good reason to loath the US.

If Trump is going to put up a wall to keep Mexicans out, then Canada should put up a wall to keep Americans out. In fact, we need to physically separate Canada from the the US by digging a long, deep trench across the border. Of course the Americans will tell us why we shouldn't do that because they love telling us and every other country what to do. They are the worst case of world police brutality ever.

Goodbye.

I thought we already had up a wall between Mexico and US and they shoot anyone who tries to climb over the fence.

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Nov 2016, 3:49 pm

She actually did win the popular vote, which is not too surprising.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:53 pm

My husband told me Trump only won due to electrical votes. I don't really understand how the voting system works but the way he explained it made it sound like they don't count all votes from people. That made me think maybe that is what people meant when they said Bush stole the election in Florida.

akuakuaku
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2016, 4:08 pm

The popular vote doesn't really matter at this point since Hillary conceded before all the votes were counted. I'm glad the lesser evil won, but it's still an evil nonetheless. Let's see how the next 4 years plays out. I'm interested (but concerned) to see what Trump will do with healthcare.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:31 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Exuvian wrote:

The United States survived worse (Nixon, Reagan, Bush(es), Clinton(s) and more). I believe it will survive this outcome just fine.

No, this is the worst. Clinton certainly wasn't bad. Things were pretty damn good while he was president. He balanced the budget, he created 22 million new jobs, lowered the welfare rolls, he lowed crime and protected the environment.

Now just when we were so close to getting all that back again, the opportunity was snatched away by a bunch of racist, bigoted, fuckwits.