Trump calls GOP health care plan "mean"

Page 5 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2017, 9:24 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Churches really aren't very charitable, and are, in fact, failing. Hence, the government must step in.

Would that have anything to do with intentionally demoralizing, and impoverishing people, in order to create a secular welfare state?

How many can you rescue, before criticizing others. Do you practice what you preach, under voluntarism, or must you be coerced, by state interests, until every last person is successful. Also, are you under a vow of abject poverty, like an ascetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgfARhTOjMg

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2017, 9:28 am

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2017, 9:50 am

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 3:24 pm

Four Senate conservatives oppose Obamacare Lite.

Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Ted Cruz (Texas) and
Ron Johnson (Wis.)

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3390 ... epeal-bill

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 3:49 pm

VOX has a good summary...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:31 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Ted Cruz (Texas) and
Ron Johnson (Wis.)

Only because they think it's not draconian enough. Gotta punish those poor people! :evil:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Ted Cruz (Texas) and
Ron Johnson (Wis.)

Only because they think it's not draconian enough. Gotta punish those poor people! :evil:

Or in neo-capitalist jargon "how do we get more milk out of the cow"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 8:50 pm

My guess is 95% of those who bellyache about the poor do little to nothing on a personal level to help them. Much less help them on a regular basis. They cry about the poor on Twitter and make lots of memes etc. But my guess is in reality they do squat to help. It's all just a lot of political posturing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 11:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
My guess is 95% of those who bellyache about the poor do little to nothing on a personal level to help them. Much less help them on a regular basis. They cry about the poor on Twitter and make lots of memes etc. But my guess is in reality they do squat to help. It's all just a lot of political posturing.

And conservatives do?
There's only so much an individual can do.
And how do you know liberals do little but b***h about caring for the poor? Sounds like something the rights dreams up to bash the left.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 12:42 am

EzraS wrote:

If you get a chance read Charles Dickens to get a rough idea of how life was like in pre-union industrial England when workers were totally reliant on the "good will" of their fabulously wealthy employers and there were no bleeding heart lefties around to "bellyache" about the poor

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

And conservatives do?
And how do you know liberals do little but b***h about caring for the poor? Sounds like something the rights dreams up to bash the left.

No Bill, it's my personal guess regarding the situation. My guess is most people don't even do what little they can. That their actions come no where near to the amount of crocodile tears they shed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:52 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

And conservatives do?

No Bill, it's my personal guess regarding the situation. My guess is most people don't even do what little they can. That their actions come no where near to the amount of crocodile tears they shed.

And how do you know that? My church collectively raises money for local charities, so we can all take some credit for helping the needy. And everyone drops a quarter or two for collection for charities, which accumulates into quite a bit.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 2:03 am

EzraS wrote:
No Bill, it's my personal guess regarding the situation.

and then you say...
EzraS wrote:
My guess is most people

Now I know what I should be doing instead of watching the telly...taking wild guesses

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 2:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

And conservatives do?

And how do you know that? My church collectively raises money for local charities, so we can all take some credit for helping the needy. And everyone drops a quarter or two for collection for charities, which accumulates into quite a bit.

Lets give the kid a break, I don't think he gets out much

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 2:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

And conservatives do?

Lets give the kid a break, I don't think he gets out much

Could be true.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 12:17 pm

Are they giving, voluntarily. If so, this is better than charity, at gunpoint, also known as a mugging.