Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 12:31 am

cyberdad wrote:
B19 wrote:
Sadly true, CyberDad.

"No-one has done more for the disabled than I have" tweeted one Donald J Trump earlier this year.

(Yes Donald, of course you have, the emperor is always fully dressed...)

Yes this hyperpole from Trump is well known
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/pres ... -1.3318447

What is less well known is what Trump thinks of disabled people on Medicaid
He removed fundng for medicaid which his spokesperson Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah told CNN he believed people on Medicaid were lazy, greedy and simply out to get whatever they could for free.

So not wanting to suffer from an untreated illness is now "greedy". Why not just ask these people to kill themselves?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 12:51 am

marshall wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
B19 wrote:
Sadly true, CyberDad.

"No-one has done more for the disabled than I have" tweeted one Donald J Trump earlier this year.

(Yes Donald, of course you have, the emperor is always fully dressed...)

Yes this hyperpole from Trump is well known
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/pres ... -1.3318447

What is less well known is what Trump thinks of disabled people on Medicaid
He removed fundng for medicaid which his spokesperson Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah told CNN he believed people on Medicaid were lazy, greedy and simply out to get whatever they could for free.

So not wanting to suffer from an untreated illness is now "greedy". Why not just ask these people to kill themselves?

It reminds me of Charles Dicken's Oliver twist set in England when (literally) starving children in an orphanage were severely punished if they dared asked for a second helping of porridge. Trump's mindset is not far removed from that era when the poor and those referred to as the "infirmed" or "insane" were considered a social burden

B19
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 12:59 am

Has there ever been a President or Prime Minister in the Western World democracies (previously or now) who has mocked the disabled apart from Trump? If so who, when, where and what?

A particular irony strikes me: one of the USA's greatest presidents was disabled, and his potential for greatness was much greater after he became disabled. He was very admired around the world, not only in the US. Trump possibly doesn't know this (?) as his knowledge of history (even American history) seems to be very slight.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 1:08 am

Another viewpoint on this:

Mocking a disabled person is morally lower than criticizing a nation’s policies or ethos. An individual has feelings that can be hurt; a country is an abstract entity that does not feel pain. Some wise man once said, “the test of a man’s character is not how he acts against adversity; give him power and see what he does with it.” I think we can all see clearly what he’s chosen to do with it.

Martin Penkala

The Buffalo News
USA

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 1:22 am

B19 wrote:
A particular irony strikes me: one of the USA's greatest presidents was disabled, and his potential for greatness was much greater after he became disabled. He was very admired around the world, not only in the US.

Roosevelt

B19 wrote:
Trump possibly doesn't know this (?) as his knowledge of history (even American history) seems to be very slight.

He doesn't need to. His KKK father taught him that the disabled are a social burden - hence his attitude - disabled people on Medicaid are lazy, greedy and simply out to get whatever they could for free.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 1:32 am

Yes, FDR. He helped make America great in most significant ways.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 4:05 am

In "Similar Topics" at bottom of page is this

Quote:
Trump Mocks Clinton's Faint
in News and Current Events
03 Oct 2016, 12:48 pm
beneficii View the latest post

Apparently there is a general behavior pattern?

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2017, 4:55 am

B19 wrote:
Another viewpoint on this:

Mocking a disabled person is morally lower

Martin Penkala

The Buffalo News
USA

it depends on conext. moralty is another name of cowardice

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2017, 4:57 am

marshall wrote:
HughDYork wrote:
Reading all these things about offended feelings i come to conclusion that empathy nowadays is a severe mental illness.

No. It's more like assholism has become an epidemic. Internet anonymity has breed the culture of bullying assholery that got Trump elected.

There is no such thing as internet anonimity anymore my friend. Snowflakes are far more worse than bullies.

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2017, 5:05 am

AspieUtah wrote:
kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
EzraS wrote:
And the soap opera continues with diehard spectators hopelessly addicted.
Oh come on, you and I both know that the American media doesn't want people to get addicted to the hype and spectacle it produces. :wink: :lol:

When the nation roils itself about largely meaningless matters (such as hurt feelings), it is time to press the "ignore button." Sadly, however, there is a generation of Americans who grew up with these kinds of spectacles, and see it through their normalcy bias as ordinary. Among sophisticated politicos, it is called "distraction." And, distractions allow for much more important things to happen while most are watching the president, a senator and the Kardashians. Instead, watch the magician's hand in his pocket.

People are lazy and inferior beings who cannot act nor think by their own will anyway.there is no need for conspiracy. People are lame. they deseved it.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 8:37 am

HughDYork wrote:
marshall wrote:
HughDYork wrote:
Reading all these things about offended feelings i come to conclusion that empathy nowadays is a severe mental illness.

No. It's more like assholism has become an epidemic. Internet anonymity has breed the culture of bullying assholery that got Trump elected.

There is no such thing as internet anonimity anymore my friend. Snowflakes are far more worse than bullies.

Okay, then just go around calling people names straight to their face. I can guarantee there will be consequences.

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2017, 8:45 am

HughDYork wrote:

Okay, then just go around calling people names straight to their face. I can guarantee there will be consequences.[/quote]

Ive been doing it all my live.

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2017, 8:55 am

marshall wrote:
HughDYork wrote:

Okay, then just go around calling people names straight to their face. I can guarantee there will be consequences.

Ive been doing it all my live.[/quote]
You could try it with me dipshit.[/quote]

Is it personal attack?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 10:52 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
In "Similar Topics" at bottom of page is this
Quote:
Trump Mocks Clinton's Faint
in News and Current Events
03 Oct 2016, 12:48 pm
beneficii View the latest post

Apparently there is a general behavior pattern?

There was also the meme that Trump "enthusiastically re-tweeted where he hits a golf ball at Hillary Clinton and the ball makes Clinton fall over in an aeroplane.

Mocking Hillary Clinton while he is POTUS is a little like kicking somebody when they are down on the ground.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 11:23 pm

If people don't like this behavior why did we elect him to be our President?

It was my conclusion during the campaign that he mocked a disabled reporter.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:23 am

BTDT wrote:
If people don't like this behavior why did we elect him to be our President

That for me is the crucial question