Page 15 of 20 [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 12:14 am

Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
You're awfully invested in this, it's a shame really. He rents a lot of space in your head, for free.

The entire world is invested in a politically stable USA. Canada being right next door, yeah, we’re invested in that criminal facing consequences and not being allowed anywhere near political office again.

I am afraid you're never going to be satisfied. For the record, I hope you find some peace.

Interesting deflection instead of acknowledging that trump went on a massive crime spree and how he's going to be held accountable one indictment at a time.

Note: If he didn't do anything wrong, he wouldn't have anything to worry about in court.. but, clearly, he has a lot to worry about.

Just for the record, it was a little satisfying to hear news of his first indictment. It'll be a lot more satisfying when he's indicted on much more serious crimes - J6/documents espionage etc And convicted And unable to hold public office again as a result.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 1:19 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Interesting deflection instead of acknowledging that trump went on a massive crime spree and how he's going to be held accountable one indictment at a time.

Note: If he didn't do anything wrong, he wouldn't have anything to worry about in court.. but, clearly, he has a lot to worry about.

Just for the record, it was a little satisfying to hear news of his first indictment. It'll be a lot more satisfying when he's indicted on much more serious crimes - J6/documents espionage etc And convicted And unable to hold public office again as a result.

A bit of "whataboutism":
You don't seriously believe Uncle Joe hasn't put his snout into questionable "ventures", do you? 8O

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 1:23 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

A bit of "whataboutism":
You don't seriously believe Uncle Joe hasn't put his snout into questionable "ventures", do you? 8O

You aren't seriously comparing the two's criminal activity as apples to apples, are you? It's more like a couple apples for joe to a BOATLOAD of oranges for donnie.

Obviously joe biden isn't flawless and he's probably done some shady business/political s**t in his career, like obama, like the dipshit we have - trudeau - but there's no comparison to the breadth and volume of crimes committed by the orange guy. Entirely next level crimey crime spree s**t.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Apr 2023, 7:26 am

^ Also, Joe Biden hasn't been indicted - a small but significant point that adequately addresses the desperate whataboutism trying to make him look bad.

This is the first time in his life the former guy has been held accountable for anything.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 7:40 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

A bit of "whataboutism":

You aren't seriously comparing the two's criminal activity as apples to apples, are you? It's more like a couple apples for joe to a BOATLOAD of oranges for donnie.

No, I am not seriously comparing the two's criminal activity as apples to apples.
Did I say I was?
I am just saying that corruption exists on both sides.
How could you not get that?

goldfish21 wrote:
Obviously joe biden isn't flawless and he's probably done some shady business/political s**t in his career, like obama, like the dipshit we have

NOW we are on the same page.

goldfish21 wrote:
- trudeau - but there's no comparison to the breadth and volume of crimes committed by the orange guy. Entirely next level crimey crime spree s**t.

Well, personally, I think you are "over-egging" your opinion, but meh...

What I found interesting is that in Ameriaaa, I have heard there is a lot of INSIDER TRADING in the share market, making these fat cat politicians even fatter.
Here in Australia, it is against the rules of parliament, and anybody doing it would be kicked out of their job.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 9:33 am

It’s a feature of the job there, not a bug. Most of them enrich themselves from inside info. There are some democrats trying to pass laws that make all that illegal, but they’re not likely to get republican support to make those changes.

Literally no idea what the laws or rules on that stuff are in Canada. The US is such a drama show we hear way more American political news than Canadian.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 10:53 am

goldfish21 wrote:
It’s a feature of the job there, not a bug. Most of them enrich themselves from inside info. There are some democrats trying to pass laws that make all that illegal, but they’re not likely to get republican support to make those changes.

Literally no idea what the laws or rules on that stuff are in Canada. The US is such a drama show we hear way more American political news than Canadian.

Based on my dirty stinking right-wing source, the Democrat's snouts are right in there.
The name "Pelo..." erm, came up.

It is definitely corrupt, IMO, but not illegal.
Go figure. <shrug>

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 10:59 am

Was Donald Trump turning left or right when he indicated? What does indicated mean? Is it the American word for accused? You guys use funny words if it is! :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 12:04 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Was Donald Trump turning left or right when he indicated? What does indicated mean? Is it the American word for accused? You guys use funny words if it is! :)

Indicted, not indicated.

To be under an indictment is to be charged with a crime. An indictment is the formal notice.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 1:01 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

trump spelled indicted incorrectly as indicated on one of his truth social textual diarrhea splashes.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 5:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

trump spelled indicted incorrectly as indicated on one of his truth social textual diarrhea splashes.

FFS, leave the poor man alone.
He is soft and cuddly. :P

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 7:38 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Like it or not, this is raising money and galvanizing support. Trump's popularity was dying a natural death, until now. It's pointless to argue these points right now, you're just too hopped up on your revenge. But he lives for this stuff, he won't go to jail. And they won't bankrupt him in his lifetime. This was an untimely and stupid move on behalf of the DA.

Despite being someone who was eager to see Trump caught for his crimes, I have to agree this particular indictment is probably going to prove to have been a counterproductive move in multiple ways. I hope to be wrong, but I'm not convinced I am. It's frustrating to watch. Really frustrating.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 9:36 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Like it or not, this is raising money and galvanizing support. Trump's popularity was dying a natural death, until now. It's pointless to argue these points right now, you're just too hopped up on your revenge. But he lives for this stuff, he won't go to jail. And they won't bankrupt him in his lifetime. This was an untimely and stupid move on behalf of the DA.

Despite being someone who was eager to see Trump caught for his crimes, I have to agree this particular indictment is probably going to prove to have been a counterproductive move in multiple ways. I hope to be wrong, but I'm not convinced I am. It's frustrating to watch. Really frustrating.

Just because he’s good at making a spectacle and getting attention doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be charged for certain crimes. The law applies to everyone. He should be charged for all of his crimes.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 9:44 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

Just because he’s good at making a spectacle and getting attention doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be charged for certain crimes. The law applies to everyone. He should be charged for all of his crimes.

My dirty, stinking, ratbag right-wing source believes Trump being charged was just a stunt by the Democrats.
The thinking, by the Democrat strategists, might be that Trump is less likely to win than a non-narcissistic alternative, so they want him to win the selection process.

Popcorn, anyone?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 10:01 pm

Judge in Trump's New York case appears to have donated $15 to Biden for President in 2020

Quote:
Judge Juan Merchan, the New York state judge who presided over former President Donald Trump’s arraignment Tuesday and the recent criminal tax fraud trial involving the Trump Organization, appears to have donated $15 to President Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign, federal campaign contribution data shows.

Federal Election Commission reports show a Juan Merchan, who lists his occupation as a judge with the New York State Office of Court Administration, donated $15 earmarked for Biden for President, Biden’s campaign committee, on July 26, 2020. No other judge listed in the state judicial directory shares Merchan’s name. It’s against federal law to donate in someone else’s name.

Neither a spokesperson for the state court system nor the judge’s personal chambers responded to requests for comment when asked whether he made the donations.

Records also list two other small donations from the same Juan Merchan to progressive groups a day after the Biden donation — $10 donations on July 27, 2020, to the groups Stop Republicans and Progressive Turnout Project — which are affiliated with each other, meaning it’s possible that a donation of $20 was split evenly across the two groups. All three donations, including the one to Biden, were made through ActBlue, the popular online donation-processing firm used by virtually every major Democratic campaign and allied group.

The third donation, $15 to Biden one day earlier, is the only other federal political donation attributed to a Juan Merchan of New York in the FEC’s database, which spans multiple decades.

It’s not uncommon for judges to donate to political candidates — a search of federal campaign donations in 2021 and 2022 turns up more than 30,000 donations from people listing “judge” as their occupation, donations from single-digit sums to more than $10,000.

Those donations span a variety of groups of both parties, including groups affiliated with Trump. And other judges donated to Biden’s 2020 campaign in the same report where the Merchan donation appears.

“The donations were unwise as a matter of appearance,” said Chuck Rosenberg, an NBC News legal analyst and a former federal prosecutor. “But appearances matter.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 10:33 pm

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

My dirty, stinking, ratbag right-wing source believes Trump being charged was just a stunt by the Democrats.
The thinking, by the Democrat strategists, might be that Trump is less likely to win than a non-narcissistic alternative, so they want him to win the selection process.

Popcorn, anyone?

..he wasn’t indicted by partisan politicians. He was indicted by a DA following NY State law.

trump suggesting this is “political interference,” or whatever other nonsense he describes it as is pure BS that his cult followers eat up like candy. It’s not a political persecution, it’s a criminal prosecution. He’s finally facing some consequences for his actions and can’t accept reality so he spins a bunch of BS to get magas wound up tight so he can aim them and tell them to do another terrorism in his name. He’d rather burn the entire country down than accept personal responsibility for his actions.