[IMPORTANT] Hamas launches foot assault against settlements.

Page 3 of 135 [ 2159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 135  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 1:25 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
If both the West Bank and Gaza are part of Palestine, then what's stopping Fatah from wresting control of the Strip from Hamas?

I still have full faith in the two-state solution, and there are many things the Israeli leadership can do differently.

However, Palestine needs to be under one leadership (hopefully Fatah or a similarly minded party), and this means that the West Bank leadership needs to go into Gaza and restore order, rebuild infrastructure, and get the economy going.

Other viable solutions are (a) Gaza becoming part of Egypt, or (b) Gaza becoming an independent nation of its own, thus requiring a three-state solution.

I think a three-state solution would be more viable.

No one can coexist with extremists like Hamas.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 1:37 am

The West Bank is their "blue states", and Gaza is "the red states", and Fatah is the Dems, and Hamas is the MAGA GOP.

Trouble is this attack gives a shot in the arm to both Netanyahu and to the Iranian regime.

Both were in trouble with their own people. But now Israeli voters have to put Netanyahu's corruption, and authoritarian power grab scandals aside to close ranks behind him against the foreign enemy. Iran was facing more and more backlash against repression by their "morality police". But now they have this surrogate victory by Hamas to celebrate.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 2:13 am

The HAMAS incursion cost 300 lives including members of the IDF and highest ranked IDF commander
https://abcnews.go.com/International/li ... =103804516

The israeli's were quite clearly caught napping in what is the worst attack on Israel since the Yom Kippur war in 1967

To make matters worse, HAMAS operatives have managed to abduct dozens of Israeli men, women and children as hostages. The potential of ISIS style executions of women and children are a real threat the morale of Israelis.

The timing of the attack may have some planning given HAMAS have the backing of another terror organisation called Hezbollah in Lebanon who have launched concurrent attacks on northern Israel
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog ... mbard-gaza

This two pronged attack invokes memories for older Israelis of previous invasions involving terrorists from both Lebanon and Palestinian territories.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 2:17 am

naturalplastic wrote:
But now they have this surrogate victory by Hamas to celebrate.

Video of celebrations by Palestinian civilians

I'm really not sure why Americans go out of their way to support these clowns. They did the same thing when civilians died in 9-11 after the twin towers terror attack. They are not our friends.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 2:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
But now they have this surrogate victory by Hamas to celebrate.

Video of celebrations by Palestinian civilians

I'm really not sure why Americans go out of their way to support these clowns. They did the same thing when civilians died in 9-11 after the twin towers terror attack. They are not our friends.

I think any sympathy Americans feel for Palestinians is based on the fact that the Palestinians are perceived of as the losers, the picked on little guy, the underdog, and that's because that's who most ancestors of Americans were. It's in our national character to sympathize with such people. That's why Americans decades ago had been supportive of the ragtag Israelis who were up against their more numerous, hostile Arab neighbors, though that dichotomy has since changed. And the truth is, the underdog isn't always the good guy, as seen with the Confederacy vs the Union during the American Civil War, or Britain's conflict with the IRA, in which the Irish Republican Army is as much a terrorist organization as Hamas.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 4:41 am

cyberdad wrote:

Not all Americans do support them, obviously. Some people might not fully appreciate the extremist aspect of things.

I'm not sure why this discussion keeps on becoming about America. :|

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2023, 6:04 am

You can bet that Netanyahu knew about this attack coming.
But then according to this article, Isreali military was already declining. https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20220 ... t-weapons/
Now Netanyahu can play the jesus card and "save" his country.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 6:07 am

"Let those in Judea flee to the mountains"...

Is that happening now?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 6:12 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Oh boy another crisis. Why can't I just kill myself? Why am I such a coward? I need to feel the kind of peace and relief one feels when they have finally decided to end their life because the human race is full of parasites and I'm so sick of it my bran and body is shutting down.

Should this not be in 'the haven' forum?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 6:16 am

Does anyone really think a two or three state solution is viable? I cannot see it ever happening, personally. The different groups involved are all way too hostile to one another to negotiate in such a logical manner.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 7:13 am

Hamas abuse of female hostages has started
The young woman whose naked body was being paraded by jeering HAMS men is actually German.

Her name was Shani Louk (RIP)
https://www.freepressjournal.in/world/i ... o-surfaces

It doesn't bode well for other female captives.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 7:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
And the truth is, the underdog isn't always the good guy, as seen with the Confederacy vs the Union during the American Civil War, or Britain's conflict with the IRA, in which the Irish Republican Army is as much a terrorist organization as Hamas.

The IRA didn't celebrate when US women and children died in 9-11. They also don't rape and murder foreign women and post it on social media.

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2023, 7:24 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

Is that happening now?

yes

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 7:28 am

I don't expect Israel will allow HAMAS to get away with this.

What is completely disheartening is that the young dead woman in the back of the truck is not even Israeli. The thronging crowds seem to celebrate beating her dead body. I can't respect a society that would do that to a woman.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 7:40 am

Patrick22348 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Is that happening now?

yes

Israeili civilians were fleeing to airports. Not to "mountains" afaik.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 8:09 am

Lebanese Christians are like « Those Hamas are no different than ISIS, they would do the same to us if they rule ». And the Shias are being total idiots for supporting their « cause ».

I wouldn’t want a Hamas nation to my border either.