Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 9:24 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/fruit-stripe-gum-to-bite-the-dust-after-a-half-century-of-highly-abbreviated-rainbow-flavors/ar-AA1mPMvv?OCID=ansmsnnews11

A moment of silence for a moment of flavor.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 5:48 pm

Back in the 70s and 80s I was addicted to "Big Red" which was a type of cinnamon based gum.

I still remember the jingle on Australian television and radio - "Chew the gum called Big Red, with its big firm bite and it's big strong flavour, that's bound to set you right....Big Red!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 7:57 pm

And I made a post not long ago about the gum and its mascot, Yipes the Zebra. But I hadn't seen the gum for for so long I had thought it was retired sometime in the 2010s or earlier.

After the Covid pandemic I started eating mints instead of chewing gum so I wouldn't have to take my mask off to spit out the gum in public.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Back in the 70s and 80s I was addicted to "Big Red" which was a type of cinnamon based gum.

I still remember the jingle on Australian television and radio - "Chew the gum called Big Red, with its big firm bite and it's big strong flavour, that's bound to set you right....Big Red!

We have Big Red here. 3 of the big 4 Wrigley gums (Big Red, Juicy Fruit, Doublemint) had very catchy slogans. Doublemint ads featured sets of twin girls having fun.

One of those sets, Jean and Liz Sagal, even had their own short-lived 80s sitcom ("Double Trouble"). Their older sister is Katey Sagal, from Married with Children and Futurama.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!