juliekitty wrote:
Brilliant.

Somehow I knew you'd like that.

- Emerson

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 10:34 pm

I didn't know that existed... er... the book, not the plant.

I try to temper the school's enthusiasm for scare tactics with our kids, when our daughter brings stuff home that is utterly ridiculous or so blown out of proportion as to make it laughable if it were not scary.

Thanks for posting this. I agree that if we taught tolerance and responsibility more than fear and ignorance, our kids would prosper better than they are as a group today.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 10:38 pm

reminds me on life on the ol' commune. . .

Merle

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 10:44 pm

I'm wondering if I'm the only person who didn't know about weed in high school? I was such a loner that I wasn't even introduced to it until my Senior year of college...and then only twice.

It seems like a good book...I liked the part that they have online, but I won't be having kids so I have no reason to get it.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:27 pm

I only smoked a little with a friend and his other friend once when I was fifteen.
Then when I was eighteen, my girlfriend went to Germany for the summer and her middle sister (who I also did like) and I went out with some friends to commiserate my gf's leaving.
Well, mix in a little Annie Green Springs, a little weed and I wound up kissing the sister pretty good... just one kiss!
And after that we never talked about it... or did it again.

My other experiences with pot were on blood drive trips overnight to small towns in West Texas. At the hotel everyone would get into one room and get high.
I tried a few times but it REALLY made me feel uncomfortable, so I basically quit smoking pot over that.

I just don't like the 'out-of-control' feeling I get when drinking or doing drugs.

atty61
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2007, 3:23 am

I didn't even know what it looked like until I came to live in Australia, aged 28. I've had one or two really bad experiences with it (usually when I've been drinking as well) but overall I'd have to say it has saved my life on a few occasions.
I think the hydro stuff is really dangerous, being sprayed with chemicals, and I don't touch that stuff anymore but if it's grown outside I think it's fine.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 5:50 am

Well, having a job that frowns upon "the plant" keeps me from having anything to do with it. Once, though, i was taking care of a patient in their home and decided to read one of the National Geographic magazines they had on a bookshelf. I opened one up and a flattened leaf ( dry and intact) fell out of the magazine and onto the table. i knew what it was and didn't know what to say or do--- it looked like it had been in there a long time. I just put it back in the magazine and put it back on the shelf and din't tell anyone.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 2:20 pm

It is just a plant I have even seen it growing wild in New England while hiking