Does eating dogmeat count? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 26

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 3:14 am

Boy, 11, bites pit bull to fend off attack

Quick thinking kid :)

When my dog bites me hard enough to hurt me or draw blood, I usually give him a quick pinch with my teeth to the scruff of the neck...

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 9:58 am

Man bites dog... :P

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 10:18 am

Oh hell where is he
Call the Pigs..
Right to Welfares Back door
'n gee wonder why I'm so confused..
WHO IS THE PITBULL???

You wana find out how hard THIS b***h BITES,,
Just PM me 'n the Club

psmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2008, 12:01 pm

I have never been bitten by a dog, nor have I ever bit a dog. I have been around dogs for years, I guess they just like me enough to not try and bite me. I am the only one in my family who has not been bitten by one of our dogs, or any other dog for that matter. I have only been bitten by one thing in my life, and that is my fathers pet rat named Willard.
I say the only reason a person should be bitten is if they were upsetting the animal.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 12:39 pm

I'm really good with animals in general, better than with people, that's for sure. I can't imagine biting a dog. I've always had pit bulls as dogs, because they are the ones in the shelter that nobody wants, and I somehow relate to that. My pitbulls have all been supersweet and incredibly grateful because they knew... I recently lost Bardot, my gorgeous female pit...
Let me tell you, I don't now the details of this story, but there is no way an 11 year old would be a match for a pit if the pit was in defense, or offense, mode. They are unbelievably strong dogs with vise like grips on their jaws, and they will win if attacked, unless you have, like, a gun...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 7:16 pm

michel wrote;

Quote:
I'm really good with animals in general, better than with people, that's for sure. I can't imagine biting a dog. I've always had pit bulls as dogs, because they are the ones in the shelter that nobody wants, and I somehow relate to that. My pitbulls have all been supersweet and incredibly grateful because they knew... I recently lost Bardot, my gorgeous female pit...
Let me tell you, I don't now the details of this story, but there is no way an 11 year old would be a match for a pit if the pit was in defense, or offense, mode. They are unbelievably strong dogs with vise like grips on their jaws, and they will win if attacked, unless you have, like, a gun...

I have a rescued pit bull, too, and I agree completely. I really hate it when I hear people say that they are bad dogs and need to be wiped off the face of the earth or words to that effect. Most all of the pit bulls that I've known, including my Missy, are very easy going and tollerant dogs. It's the ones that were brought up to be aggressive and/or not socialized that can be a problem but that applies to all dogs.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jul 2008, 7:23 am

no, but a dog bites me, and it gets shot

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 2:01 am

My little boy chihuahua bites me all the time. He's not mean, he just thinks that will get your attention. He will put his mouth on your finger but won't chomp down. He's getting better about it and if he does do it I just tell him, "No bite" in a gruff voice. I've been bitten by dogs before but never enough to leave any marks. Ferret kit bites are another matter. They're teeth are so sharp and the pet store dosen't give them anything to teeth on or work with them. My brother used to have a pit bull named Sasha. She was rescued from a dog fight ring and even had part of her ear torn off. She NEVER showed any signs of agression. If she was to hurt someone it would be from accidently knocking them over. The neighbor lady had a pit bulled named Layla. Layla would get loose and come over to vist and never showed any agression. All the pitbulls I have known NEVER showed any agression. This lab cross we used to have was more agressive than all the pits I've known put together.

Eriatark
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2008, 10:23 am

My dog eats his own poo. Given that, thinking about what else he might get up to is enough to deter me from ever laying mouth upon him - no matter how many gallons of blood I've lost.

M02
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2008, 11:00 am

I was bitten by a dog for no reason at all. I was walking along the road and this dog came up behind me, no barking, no warning and bit my ass. I was wearing jeans so I was just bruised. My mom told me to hit the dog in the nose really hard. Several people complained about this dog biting them and the owners failed to keep him on their property. People were going out with baseball bats and big sticks and afraid to let their children outside to play. My parents called the police.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 1:12 pm

psmaster wrote:
I say the only reason a person should be bitten is if they were upsetting the animal.

My parents used to have a kennel of Irish Wolfhounds. Occasionally, by mistake, a couple of males would get together, and have a terrible fight. Once my stepmother got a bad bite while trying to break up such a fight.

Other dogs are just nervous, and are upset by the mere presence of another person. A friend was bitten by his Irish Wolfhound; subsequent investigation showed that the dog had a brain tumor.

By the way, I've found that the best way to protect yourself from a vicious dog is not to run, but to go on the offense... I may get mauled by such a dog, but I will win, because my objective is to kill the dog. (this doesn't apply to the giant breeds: Irish Wolfhounds, Great Danes. There isn't much you can do if a 200# dog attacks.)

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 10:29 pm

Sorry, I misread that poll. :oops:

I have never bitten a dog before.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 11:04 pm

ed wrote:
psmaster wrote:

My parents used to have a kennel of Irish Wolfhounds. Occasionally, by mistake, a couple of males would get together, and have a terrible fight. Once my stepmother got a bad bite while trying to break up such a fight.

Other dogs are just nervous, and are upset by the mere presence of another person. A friend was bitten by his Irish Wolfhound; subsequent investigation showed that the dog had a brain tumor.

By the way, I've found that the best way to protect yourself from a vicious dog is not to run, but to go on the offense... I may get mauled by such a dog, but I will win, because my objective is to kill the dog. (this doesn't apply to the giant breeds: Irish Wolfhounds, Great Danes. There isn't much you can do if a 200# dog attacks.)

I was bitten on the finger by a Yorkshire Terrier. Yorkshire Terriers have a very unstable temperament from my experience.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 1:29 pm

Raptor wrote:
I have a rescued pit bull, too, and I agree completely. I really hate it when I hear people say that they are bad dogs and need to be wiped off the face of the earth or words to that effect. Most all of the pit bulls that I've known, including my Missy, are very easy going and tollerant dogs. It's the ones that were brought up to be aggressive and/or not socialized that can be a problem but that applies to all dogs.

Oh yes, I also can't believe some states want to eradicate pitbulls. Even my sister, who is normally very open minded, didn't want her kids to go near my last pitbull, Brigitte Bardot, until she actually spent some time with her. After she got to know Bardot, she was like "That's the biggest mush I've ever seen! :P "
Now she did a complete 180 about pits.

But when I go to the dog park, it's still like the parting of the red sea. When they realize how friendly and well mannered she is, they somewhat relent. Of course, if you train a dog to kill or fight to death, that's another story. The reason pitbulls are chosen for such disgusting acts is that in addition to being unbelievably strong animals, they also have a profound sense of loyalty to their master, and if he happens to be a cruel prick like Michael Vick, sadly, the dog becomes an aggressive killing machine, wanting to please his master by fighting to death.