American Idol internet stalker jailed - DX Aspergers

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2009, 10:41 pm

Has anyone else noticed how much easier it is to get a diagnosis if you are charged with a serious offence? Maybe we should see a lawyer instead of a doctor?

American Idol internet stalker jailed

Melbourne woman who cyber-stalked an American Idol contestant has been jailed for 26 months.

Tanya Maree Quattrocchi, 23, has admitted stalking 2004 runner-up Diana Degarmo by hacking into her My Space account, intercepting her emails and those of her mother and flatmate.

Victorian County Court Judge Lisa Hannan described Quattrocchi's offending as serious, especially considering it was committed after she had been placed on a community-based order for stalking Ms Degarmo only six months earlier.

Judge Hannan said the faceless stalking affected every aspect of the victim's life, and she had no way of feeling safe and was constantly vulnerable.

She sentenced Quattrocchi to 26 months jail with a non-parole period of 12 months.

She said she took into account Quattrocchi's guilty plea, her intellectual impairment, which had been assessed as borderline, and her recent diagnosis with Asperger's syndrome.

Quattrocchi, of Oak Park, had previously pleaded guilty to four counts of stalking.

The charges relate to the time between November 2007 and January this year.

AAP

Praetor2379
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2009, 11:30 pm

I've noticed that. Though i don't doubt these folks have Asperger's, I think the recurrence of Aspergians in trouble with the law has bred a culture of people wanting to sympathize with those with AS who have been convicted of serious crimes to let them go easy because of their disability -- and I think that's wrong.

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2009, 11:53 pm

She could have asperger's and may not. but uif she got diagnosed right b4 her sentence then its prolly just a way not to go to jail. Nts can have obsessions, too. But she may have asperger's absolutely. it doesnt matter though, what she did was wrong, she had enuff time to hack into a myspace, that takes a lot of time, and in that time, im sure she thought over 39 times about how wrong it was.