Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 9:05 pm

Alexender wrote:
Titangeek wrote:
I exhilarate quickly because I like the sound the engine makes, after that I usually drive the speed limit.

I used to do that, but decided I liked having money more than how the engine sounds (accelerating or decelerating quickly wastes more gas)

My moms mini cooper sounds like a sewing machine until you exhilarate, then it sounds like something that belongs on a racetrack 8)

oldsk00l90
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2012, 9:24 pm

Probably to show off around their dumb impressionable friends. I couldn't stand the how the students at my high school drove.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 10:13 pm

just stupidity and a feeling of badass cause theyre doing something illegal. Which is the answer to why teenagers do most things.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 10:29 pm

moved from Random Discussion to Adolescent Autism Forum

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 7:41 pm

Here in Houston, *everybody* drives fast and/or crazy. In some places, the cops won't even pull you over unless you are going 20 mph over the speed limit.

Another stereotype is that cops are more likely to pull over red cars because people tend to drive faster in them.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 7:49 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Here in Houston, *everybody* drives fast and/or crazy. In some places, the cops won't even pull you over unless you are going 20 mph over the speed limit.

Another stereotype is that cops are more likely to pull over red cars because people tend to drive faster in them.

Untrue, if there is a correlation it is that grey or silver cars are pulled over more, and that is a bit iffy. It is frustrating that our Idol Sheldon failed us on that.

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 2:37 pm

I'm sure it's because they like the thrill of speed and being able to be in control like that. I'm a cautious driver myself, I don't like to go fast driving though because safety is a huge concern for me. But if I'm doing a sport where speed makes it fun and thrilling (and safe of course :)) then I'm okay with going fast.

Barefoot_Boy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

I don't take risks on the road. I drive the speed limit and have since I got my license at 16. I'm very much a rule follower. When it pertains to the law, I follow it. However, I find certain things that some might consider a risk to be exciting so long as it is legal. What I mean is I took a job last week at an adult club several miles from my home. There's no drugs or alcohol at this place, but it is adult oriented. But it's all legal. I'm also wanting to get a tattoo soon which will be quiet daring for me because what I want is a large design. I won't rule out more tattoos either. Back to the speeding thing, not all teens are risk takers with speeding and stuff. Where many of you older people may find teenage drivers bad, you would not find me that way. I can also say in the area where I live I'm getting tired of people, older and younger, texting on the road and drifting left of center.

John Greenleaf Whittier

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2012, 9:03 pm

Alexender wrote:
I completely understand why insurance companies charge so much for teenage guys to have car insurance.

I drive 5 miles over the speed limit. I would like to drive at the speed limit but it would bother other drivers or I would get passed all the time. On the highway if the speed limit is 70 the fastest I will drive is 77. I don't talk on the cellphone unless I am having a 5 second conversation while I am at a stop sign or stop light to let someone know where I am. When I had driven a guy home from wrestling practice he commented on how I was one of the few drivers he had rode home with that he was not scared for his life when I drove.

I was recently in the car with "John" when he drove me over to a friend of his house. It was after around 9 at night, and he drove at 20+ the speed limit a lot of the time. When he brought us over to eat at wendy's he was clapping along with the music while he drove very fast. It made me really anxious.

edit: I thought I should at that I have been in a major car wreck where I crashed into a car going 30mph, I couldn't see, was my fault. And I fixed a grammar.

Because adults haven't given them the "gentle guidance" that they need, and also because we SEE them as nothing but brats.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 9:52 pm

sluice wrote:
Texting while driving is the worst for anyone.

ftfy

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 9:57 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
sluice wrote:

ftfy

A senator in missouri was texting while driving home one night and realized that it was pretty dangerous. So because of that he decided to propose a bill that teenagers should not be allowed to text and drive.

1. Teenagers would be better at texting usually so it would not be as much of an issue
2. Because he thought it was dangerous he decided teenagers should not text and drive, but I guess adults can

I heard this from my social studies teacher 2 years ago. So I don't know the name of the senator (or rep., some political figure) but I believe the story is true.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 10:23 pm

Alexender wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
sluice wrote:

ftfy

A senator in missouri was texting while driving home one night and realized that it was pretty dangerous. So because of that he decided to propose a bill that teenagers should not be allowed to text and drive.

1. Teenagers would be better at texting usually so it would not be as much of an issue
2. Because he thought it was dangerous he decided teenagers should not text and drive, but I guess adults can

I heard this from my social studies teacher 2 years ago. So I don't know the name of the senator (or rep., some political figure) but I believe the story is true.

...What?