Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 12:30 am

Okay here's the deal. My name is David Stone. I am 14 years old. Today I was told that I was humiliated, I'm sick so I wasn't there but someone taped me singing and posted it online a couple of weeks ago. The thing was removed but I fear how many have seen it. I don't think I'm a bad singer but they did it to mock me. What sucks is I thought all the popular kids meant it when they said they thought I was a good singer, now I know they were mocking me. Should I get revenge? Do I sit back and let nothing be done? What do I do?

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 1:49 am

Just ignore it, pretend it never happened it can be quite impossible to compete in such social head games so don't.
Getting angry about it will not help, laugh it off if you can.
Most people cringe at the recorded sound of there own voice.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 1:54 am

I'll try and calm down. Problem is I suppress my emotions so much that when they actually make it they run rampant. Although yes social games are pointless, I hang out with the outcasts (I actually moved from with some people to them by choice, I'm a lot happier with them). Anger is one emotion I tend to feel strongly, I really need an outlet for this s**t other than just typing it online.

Maranatha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2010, 1:58 am

Sorry to hear about this -- I think with something like this you'll be better off by letting it be forgotten about. It may take a while for the event to fade into obscurity, but eventually it will.

In this situation, you may have many more people on your side than you think. I think if you guard your feelings and bear it out the best you can then you'll be able to get on with the good things in life that are more worth your attention.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 2:01 am

Yeah, I will forget about it soon enough. I just needed a rant. Okay I need more than a rant. I seriously need some way to just my anger out, anyone who reads this can you post a solution? That would help a lot. Thanks everyone

Maranatha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2010, 2:41 am

Since you're wanting to vent actual anger, perhaps some type of sports? Might be something to challenge you physically and deflect the frustration. Even something like jogging a few miles each week might be enough to provide an outlet.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Mar 2010, 2:50 am

Those people you are mad at - can you step back a bit and see how foolish they must be? I mean, they should get a life, really.

The others are right. Let it go. How about shooting baskets?

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2010, 3:29 am

they're stupid. even my caring NT friends would support me and boo at them. When I was 14 some popular girls asked me if I was lesbian because I didn't seem interested in guys.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 11:39 am

Zeek wrote:
I'll try and calm down. Problem is I suppress my emotions so much that when they actually make it they run rampant. Although yes social games are pointless, I hang out with the outcasts (I actually moved from with some people to them by choice, I'm a lot happier with them). Anger is one emotion I tend to feel strongly, I really need an outlet for this sh** other than just typing it online.

When I was 14 we had a wonderful place called 'behind the wall' where all the school rubbish was dumped, we were encouraged to take old bottles, chipped crockery anything else broken or of limited use and smash it up, light fires and break things just to vent the anger (and save on broken good crockery and windows).
Sometimes venting anger physically is necessary, I hope you can find a safe place to do it.

neroulogicaly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Mar 2010, 7:23 pm

Zeek wrote:
Okay here's the deal. My name is David Stone. I am 14 years old. Today I was told that I was humiliated, I'm sick so I wasn't there but someone taped me singing and posted it online a couple of weeks ago. The thing was removed but I fear how many have seen it. I don't think I'm a bad singer but they did it to mock me. What sucks is I thought all the popular kids meant it when they said they thought I was a good singer, now I know they were mocking me. Should I get revenge? Do I sit back and let nothing be done? What do I do?

to be honest i not know why people would tape a guy singing but if they stood and taped it means they not run away because of the singing ;) for extreme emotions like anger i need to just be pyhsical like in my room i just become crazy to vent it out ye i be the guy playing guitar hero as singer doing air guitar XD just do something to take your mind off it like play games i remember when i was about 15 i had most embarrasing thing happen some guys just decide to pull down my shorts and underwear when i was gettin dressed in changing rooms everyone saw my dick i was embarrased for months cause of that and it still haunts me sometimes lol nts are like that try to make jokes of bassically anything kinda pathetic really

If somethings different ,its not better just different.
My qoutes :>)

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2010, 2:57 am

Zeek wrote:

How dare they mock the Zeek! They will regret it... :rambo:

On Topic, despite my rather aggressive comment towards them above, violence is never the answer. Revenge is a never-ending cycle. Basically, if you get revenge on them, they'll get revenge back on you and so on, and so forth. Instead, if possible, I would either ask your friends (The "outcasts" group, who I am struggling to befriend myself at the moment) for advice or merely ignore it. As for the mocking, you need to learn when sarcasm etc. is being used. If someone records something embarrassing and says it's good, it is always mocking. NTs are far crueller in the teenage years than us Aspies, and I'm seeing one Aspie friend of mine right now being manipulated by the wrong group into swearing directly at teachers - despite his desire not to because he thinks he'll "make friends". Overall, my point is, Neurotypical teenagers are well known for having no honesty or honour whatsoever unless close friends with another person.

Zeek wrote:
Anger is one emotion I tend to feel strongly, I really need an outlet for this sh** other than just typing it online.

I suffered the same problem, and I was told by a family friend of mine:

Maranatha wrote:
Since you're wanting to vent actual anger, perhaps some type of sports? Might be something to challenge you physically and deflect the frustration.

More accurately, Boxing (however, if there is a place in your area, I would suggest Kickboxing). At least some form of Martial Art you can use for Self-Defence.

However, as for me, I discarded that advice. I found my inner peace through meditation. Now, I can put up with a heck of alot, but I've gave up meditating due to lack of free time. However, I suggest meditation to anyone who had suffered similar anger problems to myself. Also, preferably, eye-q capsules (also available in Liquid Form).

They aren't a "drug" at all, but merely fish oil. I've been taking them for years now, and overall it has increased my concentration, increased my ability to suppress anger and increased my ability to learn.They aren't harmful and they increase your capacity to learn. Feel free to study them more for more information. I, myself, would say they are a must. I never take any behaviour-altering Drugs, but I take them - as they help me see the world in more clarity, they aren't harmful and aren't a "drug".

The Wikipedia article can be found here.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 2:13 am

Well it's been a while but heres an update. Turns out they didn't tape me, I didn't sing that day. My mother toold me they did though. She's good at upsetting people and I think she enjoys it but my anger towards her is undieing and everlasting so no point asking advice about that.