Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2012, 10:52 pm

I used to play it in kingergarten during recess with the boys instead of playing hop-scotch with the girls :)

Skeith
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2012, 1:08 am

you can play it online at dueling network.com for free with lots of people. i do sometimes just search my name on it and ill vs ya :)

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

17 Feb 2012, 11:01 pm

I used to watch the show when I was nine or ten. I still have my old cards, most of which are Japanese. :)

Stuffedwithempty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2012, 2:27 am

I used to collect the cards as a kid. But I settled to reading the manga, and watching 'xyz.' The Japanese version is very entertaining!

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 6:41 pm

I actually play at Regionals and tournaments. Yesterday I was actually at a regional in Indianapolis, Indiana and I got in the top 8 and won my match. That was actually my first time playing in a few months because I took a break from playing in the last format (I didn't like that format) and am playing again. I kept up to date with all the releases and such though while I took a break and still played on DN, so I knew what was going on.
I've always enjoyed the game and watched the show as a kid as well as playing it. Still remember the first starter decks and all of the older cards. Those times back then were fun but I'm still enjoying it now. I don't watch the anime but I did see the Japanese episodes of Zexal when it first came out.
Overall, I like the game its a lot of fun even now. I even had my deck featured on a guy's YouTube channel once and that was cool.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

TechnicalPacifist wrote:
In all honesty, I haven't played since it was popular in like.. 5th grade. Which was, you know, ages ago.

Even a social ret*d like most of us would stop playing it by like 6th or 7th grade.

Armorer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Aug 2012, 3:18 pm

I still have my cards in my deck I however lost a bunch of rare ones and I do not have any new cards I can still build my deck again to triumph over all.

Visha9000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Aug 2012, 11:52 am

I still play. Im decent, i just dont have any of the new expensive good cards. What kind of deck do you use?

ABZB
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Dec 2012, 7:34 pm

My favorite deck is my banish-psychic based one (I started playing again after I entered college and found a large player base, which was right after the mind master ban). I have a number of variants that I switch between. Right now I am running a variant that I invented based around skill drain and tyrant's temper (a card that no one else seems to run). I am just trying to find the right set of cards to hybrid in that will work nicely with that.
I have been testing the deck using the online YGOpro program before I trade/buy the appropriate cards.
So far the best candidates seem to be a gem-knight hybrid (abusing cleric and obsidian), a gemini version (which has the most problems of these), a naturia version (I have all the cards i need for it already, so it is the least costly) but it is quite slow and relies heavily on my opponent attacking me to function, and a gusto version, which works the best but costs the most to obtain the cards.

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Dec 2012, 8:02 pm

I have some cards from it

ABZB
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2012, 5:47 pm

I have found a gigantic player base in my college. 8O

Also, if anyone is interested about the program I mentioned:
http://dev.ygopro-online.net/