Do you like rock concerts
Yes! I love them 58%  58%  [ 18 ]
No! I hate them 42%  42%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 31

Smartgirl56
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2011, 11:53 pm

I personally love going to a good concert (even though I've only been to two) I'm curious how many people like going to concerts

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 12:31 am

I like them as long two things are there:
Earplugs. I have extremely sensitive hearing so if I don't use them, I'll spend the whole concert with my fingers in my ears and that's just lame.
Seats. I can't stand touching people so as long as I can sit down and enjoy the show, I have a good time.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 1:15 am

I go to concerts with orchestras fairly often; that is not an issue. A modern rock concert would probably be far too loud for me to enjoy it.

But they do not have me

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 1:18 am

No, they're too loud, and I can't and don't jump around and act like an idiot like everyone else. I'd rather just sit dawn and watch the concert. :P

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 1:21 am

I've never been to one but I suspect this is something I would enjoy. Earplugs would be a must because loud sound quickly wears me down and I know that prolonged exposure to loud sound can damage your ears. I know people who can't hear portions of the audible spectrum, possibly because of loud music at concerts or while riding in the car.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jun 2011, 1:31 am

I don't go because of all the people, I really enjoyed U2 3D that was in a theater though.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 1:53 am

I've never been to a concert, but I would die to see a live performance of Sarah McLachlan, or some other musician/band that I really love.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:37 am

Yes, but only as long as it's the kind of rock music that I like. (I don't like most of it from today.)
For example, I went to a "rock concert" by a band that played through The Beatles' Abbey Road album all the way through, plus about 10 or 12 other Beatles songs afterwards. I was in the front row, and though it was a pretty small audience, my ears rang afterwards but I didn't care because I liked the music.
If you took me to some ret*d metalcore concert, though, it would be totally different. I just have to like the music, and I think that's the case with a majority of people.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 4:45 am

I don't know, I haven't been to one.

Beaux
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jun 2011, 9:17 am

I'm hoping to go to my first concert whenever They Might be Giants come around Mississippi. Their on tour now! :D

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

If I like the band, yes. If I don't like the band, no. I have been to 24 of my favourite bands' concerts. Enjoyed all 24. Some were better than others. I'm normally in the first 10 rows or so. I'm at the point where being in row 8 or above is kind of disappointing.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

Im gonna see children of bodom this summer if i can :)

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2011, 11:06 pm

I liked concerts in the past... like GWAR, my chemical romance, taking back sunday, linkin park, HIM, etc.
but I hate the loud noise. I go to see the performance...
I highly recommend GWAR:-)
However, I prefer to watch concerts with earplugs, so its at a muted level of volume ...

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 1:36 am

I don't really even understand the point of rock concerts. I've never been to one, and I don't care to either.

Smartgirl56
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2011, 8:45 am

To me the loud noise doesnt really effect me to much exept when I saw smashing pumpkins play after several other bands. They somehow managed to play twice as loud as the other bands and the entire stadium was shaking the whole time.

Smartgirl56
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2011, 8:46 am

To me the loud noise doesnt really effect me to much exept when I saw smashing pumpkins play after several other bands. They somehow managed to play twice as loud as the other bands and the entire stadium was shaking the whole time. My Chemical romance is a pretty good live band. I saw them play tight before smashing pumpkins