Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

I'm starting to get the feeling (as well as feeling it myself) that others seriously consider "making a difference" and living life rather than enjoying just talking in class or the halls or whatever.

Mid-to-late adolescents (i.e. high-school age) have this motivation.

Contributing to and being a functioning member of society, if you know what I mean.

So anyone do anything serious outside of school?

I mean, obviously it's not going to anything much more significant than say, Baskin Robbins, but it's better than nothing, if you know what I mean.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2012, 3:50 pm

Not at the minute, but I know that ASAP after my 16th birthday I am going to volunteer at the local RSPCA (UK animal protection centrefair you don't know)as long as they will have me (16 is the required age)because I love animals.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 5:35 pm

iggy64 wrote:
Not at the minute, but I know that ASAP after my 16th birthday I am going to volunteer at the local RSPCA (UK animal protection centrefair you don't know)as long as they will have me (16 is the required age)because I love animals.

Good news and bad news

The good news is that you'll be able to see cute fluffy animals all day

The bad news is that that's not all you will be doing.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2012, 12:40 am

bcousins wrote:
iggy64 wrote:

Good news and bad news

The good news is that you'll be able to see cute fluffy animals all day

The bad news is that that's not all you will be doing.

If you are commenting on scrubbing out kennels and sweeping floors, I am well aware of that too.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 12:47 am

I got accepted to Walmart right after I turned 18

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2012, 7:15 am

iggy64 wrote:

That's awesome. I've always wanted to volunteer at the RSPCA but it's on the other side of the city from where I live.

Anyway, at the moment I've got a casual job in a supermarket.

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2012, 4:53 pm

iggy64 wrote:

That is awesome! You're going to be doing so much good- I don't even know you but I'm proud of you.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 6:08 pm

I don't work in an earning sense, but I've done some community service work with the Civil Air Patrol, and I just volunteered at a local train museum last week.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2012, 2:17 am

I just graduated from high school a few weeks ago. During my high school years, I didn't have a paying job (I still don't). But, I took band and choir, which both required performances outside of class. I was also in several plays my school put on. And during the summer between my freshman and sophomore year, I did volunteer work at my town's animal shelter.