Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 7:18 pm

Honestly, I have no idea.

All my prepubescent kind-of sexual experiences (all of the "let's play doctor!" variety) were with girls. When I was twelve I spent an entire night begging my female friend to kiss me. Why was I so upset when she did not indulge my fancy? I have no idea.

I have had, over the course of my life, four occasions of romantic inclination toward boys. The first was a crush in fifth grade that thankfully went nowhere. The second time in ninth grade I allowed a boy to start flirting with me because it was flattering, and he rewarded me with sexual harassment and sexual assault (under TN law, cornering a girl and forcibly groping her is labeled assault rather than harassment). I had a boyfriend this summer. Kissing him was satisfactory, but then I had a dream in which I kissed a girl. After the dream I found my boyfriend repulsive, so I dumped him viciously. Finally, I wrote a love letter to a boy with Asperger's because I was lonely. Bad call: his crazy-Jesus-lady mother banned me from contact with him.

I, ummmm, have sexual fantasies about both boys and girls. The fantasies
about boys are bizarre and neurotic. I am either cruel beyond reckoning or insist on mothering a vulnerable man. Either way it's all about punishment and power, and I am the dominant figure. Freud would have loved me.

My, uh, fantasies about girls are about, uh, simple love and sex. There is no power struggle. Just two girls on equal footing, and in love.

I am confident that I could never romance a man. Is it homosexuality, or is it fear that pushes me away?

During the mock trial for Napoleon my history class threw last year, a girl I had previously seen only in blue jeans dressed impeccably as a lawyer in a gray women's suit jacket and skirt with shiny, black stiletto heels and her thick, mouse-brown hair tumbling over her shoulders. This is the only time I have felt pure animal magnetism. When we gathered at the stand for council, she put her hand on the podium, and I wanted badly to touch it. I have no idea why. She did not exactly have a lustrous personality.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 7:33 pm

You sound a lot like me. I chose to label my feelings as bisexuality. That label may fit you as well!

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 May 2008, 7:37 pm

Many AS females are bi or lesbian.Its becaose the masculine side of the AS brain is dominant.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 7:49 pm

MissPickian,

Thanks for sharing such an intimate part of yourself. Every time I read one of these GLBT personal accounts I feel a little more enriched. I applaud your courage and your ability to face your own truth.

-Pete

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 8:16 pm

slowmutant wrote:
MissPickian,

Thanks for sharing such an intimate part of yourself. Every time I read one of these GLBT personal accounts I feel a little more enriched. I applaud your courage and your ability to face your own truth.

-Pete

I'm naturally self-searching and candid. Sometimes it scares people. I'm glad WP provides me with an outlet besides my mother. Not that my mother is unsatisfactory. She is just one woman, though.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 8:18 pm

Hi MissPickian, about OP: I don't know. Maybe. But then again you are 16 and one's sexuality isn't quite fully developed. I've read that often teenagers, with their thoughts/fantasies do 'experiment,' sexually. So I wouldn't be in a rush to assign yourself - maybe wait and see? Sometime you'll find the right one, whether male or female.

As agmoie stated, there is a higher incidence of homosexuality/bisexuality in AS individuals. I am a very feminine female, and heterosexual, which isn't as common in Autie/Aspies. But cognitively I'm analytical and prefer men, as a rule (not always). Women can be confusing to me and men just treat me better.

Either way, MissPickian, is fine; human sexuality is a spectrum! One's sexual orientation, according to 'experts,' happens at about age 4 or 5 ish. But that doesn't come into fruition until later. I agree with slowmutant too - you are very candid, always! I am too - I like your qualities and your honesty.

BigMan89
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2008, 8:40 pm

I am not gay. I am just trying to find a girl that will love me and care for me.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 10:13 pm

Well let me ask you this: If you found a male that was just about everything you look for and then a female with the same characteristics (mainly personality I mean here not looks) which would you go with?

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 11:13 pm

z0rp wrote:
Well let me ask you this: If you found a male that was just about everything you look for and then a female with the same characteristics (mainly personality I mean here not looks) which would you go with?

Probably female. I'm attracted to women, and men bring out my neuroses.