Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Shinobi91
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2008, 7:55 pm

Has your "aspie behavior" led you to fight mockers and other jerks who bully you (since I beleive most of you find it difficult to make the difference between a friendly teasing way and a bullying teasing way,just like me)?
Last year, I was being bullied by the typical moron-who-thinks-he's-better-than-the-rest and I just wanted to kick the crap outta him,but I was aware of the consequences (suspension,exclusion..) and didn't want to fight back, until the day came when my patience completely ran out and I gave him a single open-palm punch in the nose (yeaah, my karate lessons paid off!) and made him know his place. Since then, he doesn't mess with me anymore.
So,should you ever get into that kind of dire situation, fight back with all you've got, because sometimes, words and diplomacy just aren't enough (unless you think you can solve those problems that way).

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2008, 8:54 pm

Fighting rarely gets anything done, and with the zero-tolerance policies, the victim is often punished more than the bully.

The only time I fight people is when I'm joking ((or, in the case of today when I punched one of my friends for insulting my Dad after I warned him not to say it, when they think I'm joking.)) Or when it's fine with both parties. ((I.E. When some people and I end up beating the living daylights out of each other fencing with sticks thicker than a grown man's thumb.))

Otherwise, little gets done with fighting, yes, it will teach someone a lesson oftentimes, but you're more apt to get in trouble doing it.

Everyone knows it's Windy!"

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 9:34 pm

I got pummeled in a race riot (well, it seemed so at the time, and yes, I am that old...;) in the mid-70s, put up my dukes against the first guy, who stopped. The next 199 didn't. Didn't win that one..;) probably last fight I was ever in..

Mr_e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2008, 9:53 pm

Problems will only ever be "solved" when both parties decide to work together. If they don't, then the problem won't be solved. However, this doesn't mean that you have to sit and take whatever it is they're giving you. If words/diplomacy/insert-non-violent-method-here won't work, then you have every right to show them just how serious you are. You should not be expected to "just take it" indefinitely.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 11:34 pm

Nope.

willnormanuk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2008, 3:55 am

i know i shouldn't but yeah i get into fights allot, because of being teased for being me. didn't help much though, I've been kicked out of two schools because of it.

"Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever." Albert Einstein

Shinobi91
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2008, 8:58 pm

HarraArial wrote:
Fighting rarely gets anything done, and with the zero-tolerance policies, the victim is often punished more than the bully.

The only time I fight people is when I'm joking ((or, in the case of today when I punched one of my friends for insulting my Dad after I warned him not to say it, when they think I'm joking.)) Or when it's fine with both parties. ((I.E. When some people and I end up beating the living daylights out of each other fencing with sticks thicker than a grown man's thumb.))

Otherwise, little gets done with fighting, yes, it will teach someone a lesson oftentimes, but you're more apt to get in trouble doing it.

Yes, I'm well aware that fighting isn't sometimes the best self-defense method you can use, but if you can't persuade others to stop bullying you by talking to them because they don't take you seriously, or go and tell a teacher/adult what's going on (this makes the situation worse and the bullying increases even more)...what other way is there left?

harvester52
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2008, 9:13 pm

When people bullying me got to be too much, I moved. Things got better because I was becoming more comfortable with myself, and my identity, and became very self-confident. I almost called the police on a bully, and made her break down crying... that was right after I moved, and since then, they leave me alone. They respect me for the most part.

-BC

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2008, 5:47 am

I got in a lot of fights at school when I was younger because my first reaction when provoked was violence. I never really got in trouble for it but fortunately I kind of grew out of it in high school because the people that picked on me were much bigger than myself with far more friends who wouldn't hesitate to help beat the hell out of me. These days I definitely would not recommend violence as a way to solve problems.

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2008, 7:14 pm

I used to hurt people a lot at elementary school, but I never seemed to get in trouble for that. In grade 8 this one guy kept touching me because he knew I hated it and I hit him so hard I think I broke one of his ribs, but yet again I did not get in trouble. I get picked on a bit now, but I wouldn't dare fight back because I'm so much smaller than the guys who bully me, and since there are way more of them than me, I think it would be pretty futile.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2008, 8:15 pm

I've been rather lucky in this regard... I only ever went to 'normal' schools when I was young, then went to a lot of uh, different schools. Never really been bullied though; people generally don't bully people that're bigger/stronger than them.

I did get into a couple of fights, but they're rare and not instigated by myself; the other person was clearly to blame, and the teachers agreed with me on that. *shrugs* I'm pretty good at controlling myself when it comes to violence, seeing as the consequences are almost always bad.

Also, Hedgehog, good going hitting that guy that kept poking you. Seriously, I hope you did break his ribs. >>;

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 7:49 am

Back in 3rd through 6th grade, I was in a LOT of fights. I never started them, but I am a big guy, one of the biggest in my grade then and now, so I usually finished them and therefor got in more trouble than the guy who started it.