Freaking out, meltdowns, sensory / cognitive overload.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

willnormanuk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2008, 4:51 am

Ok maybe i worded it wrong last time.

k this is what causes and then what happens when i "meltdown / freak out"
teachers, stress, life and annoying people make me go nuts. i end up breaking stuff or people (there was this one time when this kid had really ticked me off so i just lost it and we had a big fight and then i got him into a headlock and squeezed and then i sort of blacked out for like 5 minutes, i then woke up thrashing about whilst being held back by some teachers while paramedics where treating the dumb NT that ticked me off. i was then locked in the headmasters office on my own until i calmed down but i did some stuff with his paperwork while i was in there, bits of broken paper were everywhere like confetti.).

and this is what happens when i have like an overload
i only get overloaded when someone is saying something to me that does not have a logical explanation and the keeps on trying to explain it or when i am asked an uncomfortable question. i always have to be tapping something (its like my personal repetitive movement) but when i have an overload i start tapping faster and harder and the start shaking and feeling slightly stoned and basically just hard to communicate with.

but anyway that's how it happens for me but i'd love to hear about what happens to you guys (& gals)! !!

"Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever." Albert Einstein

Last edited by willnormanuk on 04 Mar 2008, 9:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Zequr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2008, 8:27 am

I've never had any longer periods with anger problems, but my boyfriend has. He said he cooled down after starting the school he's going to now though, and can handle the now more normal anger amounts just fine (I barely notice them). He have aspergers just like me. I think it's fairly normal among people with as

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:37 am

*raises hand*

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!