What kind of music do you like?anyone here into highvoltage?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

willnormanuk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2008, 3:59 am

I'm into Drum and Base, :twisted: HIGH VOLTAGE :twisted: , heavy rock, club, anthem. I listen to :twisted: HIGH VOLTAGE :twisted: usually when I'm angry (it calms me down) and like club, anthem D&B when i'm fine. what kinda music do you guys like??

"Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever." Albert Einstein

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 7:18 am

I listen to many kinds of music. However most of my music is CCed (licensed under a CreativeCommons license) or otherwise free. I have an interest in World music (especially from asia), rock and pop as well as electronic music.

When I want to calm down, I normally listen to a certain CD of japanese drum-music - or rock.

Anyone else has a Jamendo profile? Jamendo is a website where you can discover new music and bittorrent it legally. I'm Rae there.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 8:45 am

The music I listen to really freaks people out, so most can't stand to listen very long because it's just weird. Mostly I listen to a lot of Magma (check out Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh) and some other Zeuhl and noise rock, like Ruins or Koenji Hyakkei.

I also listen to some more typical prog, like King Crimson, which people tend to find more agreeable.

livewire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2008, 4:33 pm

Music is my big big obsession. :D

I listen to a lot of older stuff, 80s rock, hard rock, glam, metal, acoustic, and some pop.

Anything from David Bowie, Cheap Trick, T-Rex, through Motley Crue, Velvet Revolver, Alice Cooper etc.

Motley Crue are my #1 band of all time.

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2008, 12:21 am

Lots of different things - I'm a huge fan of anything psychedelic, or anything fast. Apart from that, I like black and death metal, classical, trance, folk and ethnic music.

smaug
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2008, 1:36 am

I'm into:

-Metal
-Ambient
-Drone
-Good instrumental music

I'm getting into:

-Psychedelic stuff
-Rock
-Classical
-Industrial
-Noise
-Anything I haven't heard

Top #10 artists are Jeff Buckley, Dark Tranquillity, the Beatles, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Joe Satriani, Nadja and Megadeth - at least, since May '07.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 8:59 am

Psychedelic rock (Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane)
Hard rock (Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith)
Grunge (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Hole)
Heavy Metal (Rage Against the Machine)
Garage rock (The White Stripes)
Punk rock (Sex Pistols, Ramones, The Clash, Blondie)
Protopunk (The Stooges, New York Dolls, Patti Smith)
Alternative Rock (Radiohead, Pixies)
Glam rock (David Bowie, T. Rex, Mott the Hoople)
Art rock (The Velvet Underground)
Classic rock (The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Beach Boys)
Southern rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers Band)

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 10:06 am

Genesis, Styx, Heart, etc :)

Aspie_Rocker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2008, 7:33 pm

WurdBendur wrote:
The music I listen to really freaks people out, so most can't stand to listen very long because it's just weird. Mostly I listen to a lot of Magma (check out Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh) and some other Zeuhl and noise rock, like Ruins or Koenji Hyakkei.

I also listen to some more typical prog, like King Crimson, which people tend to find more agreeable.

I listened to some Magma on iTunes. All I have to say is WHAT THE HELL!?!?!? Thats not music! Thats pansy juice!

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 12:55 am

Anything near Metalcore for the most part.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2008, 1:34 am

willnormanuk wrote:
I'm into Drum and Base, :twisted: HIGH VOLTAGE :twisted: , heavy rock, club, anthem. I listen to :twisted: HIGH VOLTAGE :twisted: usually when I'm angry (it calms me down) and like club, anthem D&B when i'm fine. what kinda music do you guys like??

Metal
Hard Rock
Opera-Metal
Opera
Classical
Musicals
Some pop
Jazz
World (Native American, African Tribal, Celtic, you name it)
Golden Oldies(60's mostly)
Sometimes country
Sometimes reggae

Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 8:34 pm

Dragonforce.

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2008, 10:37 am

Without going into too much detail, I like; death metal, black metal, psytrance, drum & bass, hip-hop, stoner rock, doom metal, grindcore, punk, drone, IDM, noise rock, EBM, indie rock/pop, jazz, classical, post-rock, math rock.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 1:15 pm

Let's a see here...
I like Relient K, but mostly, I love music without words to get in the way. Some pepole are great composers. I also take a liking to some viedo game music, like the jazzy style music from Gran Turismo 4.

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2008, 1:19 am

Blind guardian, agalloch, empyrium, slayer, metallica, therion etc.... this is my last.fm account for more of it but thats not the most reliable source as I usually listen to music on my stereo (computer has crap cound) http://www.last.fm/user/Dsungaripterus/