Page 5 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Spriteling
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2006, 10:15 pm

30 pairs of shoes? o.O

I'd love to wear my favourite clothes for several days in a row, but my mom won't let me. She says it's not appropriate. :rolleyes:

Tiktaalik
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Apr 2006, 5:28 pm

I usually wear my jeans twice in a row- never shirts. I'm too lazy to wash my pants, but I hate wearing dirty shirts. It doesn't feel right.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 9:19 pm

Tiktaalik wrote:
I usually wear my jeans twice in a row- never shirts. I'm too lazy to wash my pants, but I hate wearing dirty shirts. It doesn't feel right.

yeah i'm the same. i'll wash my jeans after wearing them twice but never 2 days in a row. i'll rotate through like 5 pairs w/ the occasional skirt - and i change my shirt every day. i just need a lot of change i guess!

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2006, 6:10 pm

i do one load of washing a week for me. i have 2 sets of work uniform each set worn for 3 days each and one day off. pyjamas washed one a week, change knickers every day but can leave socks for like 3 or 4 days and bras for 3 or 4 days. i wash y hair every 3 or 4 days and thats is only becase it gets uncomfomfortable, but becuase of how it looks.
i dont shower every single day .. usually every other day

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2006, 6:22 pm

If I had my way (which I usually don't) I'd wear the same pair of jeans two or three days in a row. They don't get dirty very fast, and they're so much more comfortable than the rest of my jeans...
As for shirts, I change my shirt just about everyday. Once in a very great while I'll wear the same one two days in a row, but that's it. I have way too many shirts to wear the same one everyday. :)
As for socks, I wear them until I take a shower (unless I'm going barefoot)...so usually I change them once a day.

Three years!

Black_Sheep
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2006, 3:43 am

I sometimes wear the same blue jeans 2 days in a row or 2-3 times in a week, they don't get dirty and nobody notices since most of my jeans look alike and i'm invisable in school or atleast I'm treated that way.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2006, 2:39 am

I wear some of the same clothes everyday. I'm kind of one to believe that it's okay that as long as it's not apparently dirty, or that the pants have a very, very apparent dirt spot on them, that it's okay to wear them again. Sometimes I wear shirts a couple times before I wash them, but usually not two days in a row.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

ChildoftheSun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2006, 11:03 pm

Wearing the same clothes is very common to me.

fluffums
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2006, 12:41 pm

During the school year I wear the same thing every day. During the summer though, I don't.

To school, I wore a sweatshirt (never took it off at school), I wore a different shirt every day, and I wore the same pair of jeans. I always washed my clothes though, except for the sweatshirt. That got washed once a week. If I forgot to wash my jeans, I just wore them dirty.

I think that I wear the same thing to school every day because it makes me more comfortable around all of those people. I don't feel as uncomfortable if I look the same everyday.

At the moment, I have two pairs of shoes. :D One is my pair of shoes for next year, blue low-top converses. The other one is a white pair of Sketchers, from last year. I spray painted them green/blue, so they aren't white anymore! :lol: I'm not sure if I will wear the converses to school next year though, I've always worn white tennis shoes.

lightsounds
Raven
Raven

28 Jun 2006, 6:30 am

I don't really have this problem, I just get out in the nude.
but i do wear something to protect my fur from anything unwanted.. trust me, getting gum out of your fur is definetly
not easy as getting it out of your hair.
But the advantage is that I don't have to try to look different unless
I have the chance to change my fur everyday.

I never really wear my fluffy coat coz its too difficult to maintain, so
I keep wearing my tabby print.

being anthro rocks. 8)

EventingRoze
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2006, 7:35 pm

I didn't know that alot of aspies supposedly did this. But I see no major problem with it if your clothes aren't completely nasty and smelly. I usually wear jeans until they are clearly dirty or too loose. If my shirts aren't clearly dirty or i didn't wear them long I will wear them again. I try to avoid going to the same place wearing something two days in a row but then again, it doesn't really bother me..

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2006, 3:13 am

Not sure I have posted about this here before, but I have on another AS board.

I have always had major, major issues with clothing. I hate nearly all of it. Seems, tightness, fabric, static, all too much to deal with.

So when I do find some clothes I like I pretty much cling to them for life and dont wear anything else. I do wash my clothes regularly so its not like I stink or anything at all like that. BUT I do wear the same clothes every single day. Wearing anything else is way too stressful.

Spriteling
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2006, 11:56 am

I often wear the same clothes three or four days in a row. I just don't have enough clothes that I like and/or am able to wear.

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2006, 3:31 pm

I wonder though, how much of the repeated wearings are becuase we think that the specific outfit in questions is SO aweomse? :lol:

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2006, 4:24 pm

TheOrangeMage wrote:
I wonder though, how much of the repeated wearings are becuase we think that the specific outfit in questions is SO aweomse? :lol:

For me I dont really care what it looks like, so long as its comfortable (my list for comfortable is quite long)

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 2:56 pm

I don't.