Page 8 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2007, 1:38 pm

I was interested in what this forum would be like. I saw this thread and thought I could give my answer. I am 40 though so not an adolescent (Modorater -if I am not meant to post in here then plese delete it).

I often wear the same top for 2 days if it has sleeves or 3 - 4 days in a row if sleeveless. Trousers I might wear for a couple of weeks in a row or more times over a long period before washing them.

I often sleep in the top I wore during the day and wear it the next day if i am staying at home or just going out to the village or for a walk. I tend to wear clear clothes for going to work, but if a top i wore the day before does not smell I sometimes wear it rather than look for another if I am feeling lazy.

Other people on the spectrum I know wear the same top for 3 or so days in a row. I don't now any NTs that do this other than where it is not really part of their national culture to change clothes each and every day. The idea of changing clothes every day is socially constructed and social construction varies within different cultures (not good/bad just different). NTs or some non autistics are more likley to go along with social constructions than people on the spectrum.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 7:34 pm

I wore a pair of dark blue pants {not jeans} for 3 days straight!

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 6:14 am

I wear clothes until they're dirty. I don't know what you guys do with your clothes, but my pants are perfectly clean and clear for a week or so. I dislike wearing shirts more than two days in a row though.
Of course this doesn't apply to socks and underwear which I change once a day at least.

I don't have a uniform for school, but I wear different stuff at home, mostly because I have dance training thrice a week and I have extra sets of clothing for that too. I also dress way nicer outside school. I don't care much for the people in school and what they think about my clothing.

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2007, 12:53 pm

I wear my cargo pants (and pretty much all pants, actually) for multiple days, but wash my shirt each night. I don't know why, but it just feels like my torso gets dirtier than anything else.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 2:06 pm

I do wear clothes for multiple days in a row (and sleep in them) but only if I'm at home, not around anyone, and not going anywhere. The longest I've worn them is a week straight, and I was pretty sick with some type of weird cold/flu then. I usually change my underwear even if I haven't change dmy pants though.

I change my clothes whenever I shower or go out. Though since I have multiple of the same items of clothing, it probably does sometimes look like I haven't changed my clothes.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 3:42 am

When I don't have school to go to, I wear the same clothes for about 2 days in a row. At most 3. I never sleep in them, though. I.e. at night, I keep them on if I just fall asleep out of boredom, naturally.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Panzyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2007, 7:32 pm

I usually wear the same clothes for about a week. I sleep in them too.

Teoka
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2007, 2:16 pm

I don't have many clothes, seeing as I'm very picky about what I wear. It's gotta be form-fitting and NO SLEVES D: I have sweating problems >>;;

I used to wear things days in a row more when I was younger, but nowadays I try not to. At least not in public.

Strangegem
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2007, 1:28 pm

I have a few pairs of jeans that I like to wear most of the time, because they are so comfy. I might wear the same pants for like a week, but I change my shirt every day. I used to only have one good sweater, and I would wear that all the time (I hate being cold), until one of the teachers told mom she worried about that, and mom could never have that, so we went out and bought me a whole bunch of new sweaters
(my school was totally oblivious to my condition, they treated me like a behavioral problem and I learned to deal with being this way on my own)

ps, I hate the word "condition", it makes me think of old ladies discussing people in hushed tones, like you can't tell anyone because it's shameful.

ForFlorence
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Sep 2007, 6:11 am

Namiko wrote:
I used to, but not anymore. Sometimes I wear pants twice without being washed in-between. A lot of the clothes I have look very similar, so it appears that I am, but I simply have about four black turtlenecks. :|

lol! My wardrobe is full of doubles, triples or the same outfit in minor variations of colour :P Does anyone know if there is an Aspie tendency to dress the same? i.e. have more than one of the same clothes?

I learned to wash my clothes in University (if they weren't washed before then it was mainly due to my pet peeve of not having access to a dryer) and now wash and wear them until they wear out. i.e. I'll wash them every night and wear the exact or similar the next day.

Also, I prefer when sleeves don't touch my wrists; All my long shirts are rolled up to 3/4! Although, this does seem to be in fashion this year :)

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 8:22 pm

I change my clothes every day. About a year ago my dad told me you could wear a pair of pants for two or three days, but not other garments.

tmad40blue
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2007, 5:47 am

Since I usually wear adidas athletic shorts and all the pairs I have are either black or navy blue, I have the ability to wear one of those for 2 days straight.

I'll also wear the same fleece / hoodie 2 days in a row.

TOCAD_KID
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2007, 9:59 pm

I have to wear a long sleeve shirt with a short sleeve shirt over it, i don't know why but it bugs me to no end if i only have a t-shirt on outside, something about the air bothers my arms, its pretty annoying. I also have to wear shorts under my pants, nothing to do with wind, just comfortable i guess.

anyway, I only have two long sleeved shirts, so i switch back and forth till Friday when they get washed. I have at more short sleeved shirts that i like to wear so i generally do the same switch thing, in no order.

I only have three pairs of shorts that i can wear under my pants but they pretty much only change when i shower, unless its hot, i'll switch, or if i just feel like it. I have a few pairs of pants to choose from and three of them look the same. I also pretty much sleep in the shorts.

I also tend to forget my socks after taking them off, so i do switch them everyday unless i find the old ones :lol:

all unless i feel like changing into something different.

Ki_Lunacy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Oct 2007, 8:43 pm

Yes, I do that.

I wear the same jacket every day and I prefer to wear the same pants if I can. I change my shirt every morning, but my shirts are the same kind, just different colors. I like to have multiple items of the same clothes.

Netish
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2007, 8:47 am

hehehe...yeah I have that problem...I'm not going into details...but yeah

PhilolovesJ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2007, 8:56 am

I wear the same shirt for days and days...I don't really care.
Jeans too.
Oh well.
I also wear only T-shirts and Jeans.
Just my preference