Page 2 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2005, 8:38 am

Well two to three days I'd say was socially acceptable. I thought when you were going on about the whole 'pants' thing you meant pants (underwear) so I thought that was disgusting.
I only wear clothes I feel really comfortable wearing. Both aestheticaly and practically.

Shoe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Nov 2005, 2:27 pm

I noticed a while back that my clothes weren't usually wearing out from use, but from too many washings so I started re-wearing things. I have one set of clothes I wear to work and another that I wear when I get home. When I'm at work, I just go from air conditioned car to air conditioned office and back again so there's really not much to dirty the clothes other than whatever rubs off from my skin. So I get 4 or so uses out of shirts and about a week from jeans. When I get home it doesn't matter as much how clean I am as long as it's not really noticable or smelly, so I can get at least 4 days out of those as well. If a work t-shirt gets a little dirty it becomes a house shirt.

I don't wear the same work shirt 4 days in a row, I generally rotate them and try not to wear the same one more than once a week because that seems to be the accepted practice.

Socks (all identical to reduce hassle) and underwear get changed every day.

If I start taking a bus or walking instead of driving it will cut down on the number of re-wearings of the work stuff.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 7:39 pm

I hate matched socks. It's been mismatched since I was five.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 3:27 pm

i am very obsessive over this. i don't care if someone else wears the same shirt for a week (unless it started to get gross and smelly, which is bound to happen), but I could NEVER do that!

I'm fashion obsessed, so I have to look different every single day. i don't allow myself to wear the same shirt for nearly 3 weeks. with pants its different cuz i mostly wear jeans, so for my pants i only let myself wear the same pair twice a week at the most. This rule doesn't apply when I'm seeing some different people than when i last wore the item though. like if i wore a sweater hanging out w/ friends the night before, maybe i'll wear it 2 days later if it's just w/ family friends

shoes doesn't matter though, it depends on what i'm doing. but i usually like to coordinate my shoes w/ my clothes, which look extremely different every single day. well, at least i try.

example (see? i'm OBSESSED)

Yesterday:
+bright blue sweater
+gold/tan skirt i made that goes to right above my knees
+bright thick comfy rainbow scarf around my neck (it has tan and blue so that's how it goes w/ the other 2 items)
+black fuzzy boots
+giant black hoop earrings

today:
+ purple tank top (i love this shade of purple - it's really bright lilac soo pretty)
+ shrunken blue hoodie
+ jeans
+ thin purpley scarf as a belt
+ gold flats

i forgot earrings today :( but yeah, that's about as absurd as my wardrobe gets. also, i have to wear EVERYTHING. i manage to work everything i own in there!

yeah, i know... i'm obsessive haha. i even have a bunch of different jackets and blazers to coordinate w/ my clothes. this doesn't apply to sweats though - only when i'm at home relaxing

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 6:58 pm

wow. we have our own fashionista on out hands!

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2005, 9:00 am

im color cordinated so i pick what im going to wear and i will wear the same clothes more than once till i wear somthing else the day after. and i like dark and light colors.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 9:43 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Do you guys wear clothes more than one day in a row? I heard alot of Aspies do, and a Aspie guy I just met does. I wouldn't wear it to school more than once, but over the weekend at home, yeah.

I allmost allways do!! !

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 10:07 am

No. I am a clean freak. Change of clothes morning and night; socks being the ONLY exception, and this is because I don't sleep in them. My daytime routine is:

Wake up in nightclothes.

Shower, get into sweatcloths. Wear these for the hour or so in the morning I'm exercising. ((These I do recycle and wash about once a week as I don't sweat very much so they ARE clean.))

Change into jeans and a "good" shirt and a jacket or two (which I wash ABOUT once a week, of course I can't do that with my coat so by the end of the winter it can almost stand up on its own).

And when I get home I say in the good shirt unless I'mg eating something messy but do change back intot the sweatpants; and the jeans and goos shirt are to be washed before wearing again.

Yeah I'm a leeeeetle obsessive.

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2005, 5:43 am

Yeah! I wear the same stuff for maybe about a week sometimes, just because I've becme extremely comfortable in the outfit and stuff... i also eat the same stufff days in a row cause of the same reason. i defenately think its an AS thing

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 9:14 am

food too. I've been eating english muffin pizzas everyday for two weks now.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 10:14 am

Oh, FOOD, that's a different story. I have gone through extremely long periods of pretty much living on popcorn.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 10:33 am

same here. easymac, anyone?

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

12 Nov 2005, 10:50 am

My lunch at school has been the same thing since the first day! :lol:

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 10:53 am

TheOrangeMage wrote:
My lunch at school has been the same thing since the first day! :lol:

which is...

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

12 Nov 2005, 1:12 pm

Pepperoni Pizza (pretty good for high school cafeteria material)
Bottled Water
Bag of Potato chips

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 3:30 am

haha, that's like me, I've eaten a packet of chips every day for lunch for the whole time I was at school - scary. Glad I don't have to worry bout tht anymore!

But I can't stand wearing dirty clothes, I usually have to sort through a tonne of junk in my draw to find what I'm looking for, so I throw alot of stuff out into my room and if I don't clean it up straight away it will stay there for a week or so and I have to wash it because it's been on the floor for too long or something like that...
But yeah, I can wear the same pants/jeans/skirt for weeks on end, mum has to tell me it needs washing before I realise I've worn it for a month. But I can't do it with shirts, or socks, socks always feel dirty if you've worn them already. I have done it but I didn't have alot of choice when I did.