Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

physicsteen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2009, 1:10 am

I really don't get along with most of my peers at school. I find them to be inflexible and opinionated. I won't talk to them unless I'm talked to first. Sometimes, it's hard because I've recently lost the ability to pronounce certain words, and they ask me if I'm alright.

A lot of them like to start arguments in which I respond, "It takes two to argue. Now there's one..." and I'll stop talking to them.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2009, 1:27 am

Not very well. Most of them hate me because I am so insensitive and claim I am purposely starting conflicts. If I tried to explain AS to them It would only make matters worse. Most of them view autism as being a disease that destroys your brain and there are no intelligent autistics in the world, and AS is viewed as automatically being an emo. People can be very discriminative sometimes.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 5:22 am

physicsteen wrote:
I really don't get along with most of my peers at school. I find them to be inflexible and opinionated. I won't talk to them unless I'm talked to first.

Same here, and the things they talk about are stupid, annoying and pointless.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

01 Jan 2009, 5:26 am

nodice1996 wrote:
If I tried to explain AS to them It would only make matters worse. Most of them view autism as being a disease that destroys your brain and there are no intelligent autistics in the world, and AS is viewed as automatically being an emo. People can be very discriminative sometimes.
Well, they will never be shaken from the stereotype unless someone interferes. You could break the stereotype for them. If THEY know your a coherent rational human being, and you tell them your AS, maybe they'll change their tone.

DeLoreanDude wrote:
the things they talk about are stupid, annoying and pointless.
Ha! I guess I'm not the only one who th*t that in high school.

eman_ekaf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jan 2009, 9:25 pm

I talk to very few of my peers (I do have a few...um...3 friends). They (peers, not friends) usually assume I am stuck up and emo (both untrue).

Teachers, however, are a different story. They all like me and I can talk (for the most part) to them easily. They wait for me to get the words out, respond, etc. They understand.