Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2009, 3:42 pm

i'm really fed up of my parents, they haven't given me any freedom at all, everyone i know can stay out longer and go thurther away from my town than me whenever i accually talk to them about it they give me zero freedom, they havent let me go much thurther away from my town since i was 10, and when i try to talk to them about this it's like talking to a brick wall that thinks it knows everything in the world, they're also so consious of what i buy i can't buy any guitars anymore, even when i really want to buy a better more reliable guitar than the one that i have now that keeps breaking, and then becomes incredibly annoying as hell to fix, when it needs to go to the shop where i can't go myself, it costs like £40-£80 a repair because the guy operprices it so much, and then quadrouple the ammount that i would spend alltogether i should just buy a more reliable guitar, and then thwy wont let me do that because apparently i have "the ultimate guitar" already, yeah my ass, whenever i do get onto this subejct about guitars they think they know everything, and well, they don't and then they say completely the wrong things ALLTOGETHER for instace, i was talking about my friend's guitar months before saying aaah it's a reproduced model of the guitar my hero uses, and then confusing it months later on with something completely different and when i didnt even mention the other guitar they do not understand anything, and then they think we know everything so do what we say, and then cry in a little corner because we're right i tell them, you got confues with something else, listen to me for once they then have a go at me and i get torn a new one for breaking the truth to them and i bet when i can drive next year dad's going to dictate to me what car i should get and where and how much i can drive it.

:wall:

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 5:34 pm

If they think they know soooo much about guitars, you should look up a few consumer reviews of the one you want, as well as consumer reviews of the one you currently have, and then if one you want has better ratings, print out the reviews, then sit down your parents and have a little talk.

Be sure to highlight the advantages that the better guitar has over your current one. Let them read the reviews. Tell them the price of repairs of your current guitar versus the price of a new guitar. Educate yourself and them as much as you can!

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/