What do spend most of your days thinking about?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2008, 2:12 am

Just wondering if any of you are obsessed with anything...

19 Feb 2008, 2:40 am

I'm obsessed with Spokane and Benny & Joon. AS & autism is my other obsession too.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 3:23 am

DVDs and Doctor Who.

Whenever I feel sad, I buy a DVD.

Unfortunately I have 1869 now and I only started in 2000 (or was it 1999).

at any rate, it's scary 'cos I'm obviously depressed a lot.

Transmogrifier
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Feb 2008, 3:56 am

when i was small i had a great collection of toilet paper rolls, they were thrown away by my parents because they didn't know what they were for.
right now i like collecting photos of bridges from the internet. so yea... that's what i think about, bridges... and sometimes i spend hours imagining myself drawing a maze.

Last edited by Transmogrifier on 19 Feb 2008, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Feb 2008, 4:52 am

I think/worry about the future and while I plan as far as time is concerned their are some things beyond my control and I have yet to accept that life may very well not turn out the way I want it to have been in the end.

I worry that while I may have a decent job and do well, perhapse earn the American dream, nice proporty, decent house, nice things, financial stability I want my life to have meaning, I want children and a family and I want to be happy throught my life. I worry I will never meet the girl I am suppose to shair my life with, I worry I will have no children and fear the day it becomes to late. I worry as I get older rather then life getting better it will get worse, I will see everyone I know and love move away, have familes and better lives, or die and in the end I will die old, desperate, alone and truly fear within me that as I look back on life, my one true shot on Earth, that I ruined it, never to get another shot, and that my life in the end had no meaning.

This is what I think about, alot.

nomad21
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2008, 8:12 am

For the past few days AS and Autism have dominated my thoughts, because I only recently found out I had it. It's alot to take in. I know give it a couple more weeks and my thoughts will move on to other things. Cuz there's always something my mind is thinking about, my mind will think about one topic like crazy, then move on to something else.

lovebat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2008, 8:57 am

I think about how I am never going to get the 3.5 GPA that I need this quarter of college because while I can get A's in my classes I'm interested in, I'm never going to get the "B" that I need in my calc class, no matter how much I study and stress out over it. I wish I wasn't trying to stay in such a competitive major program at my school. Then I get lonely because I'm spending my Saturday nights trying to force myself to study derivatives, then stay up all night contemplating what I should do when I get thrown out of my major (which is not calc-based at all). I don't know how I'm gonna tell my parents, and if ever I tell them that I'm struggling and that I should drop the class and try to take it again next quarter, they just yell at me and remind me how much out-of-state tuition is costing. Because that is gonna make me LESS stressed 8O. My older brothers had trouble in school because they were too lazy and didn't care and now my parents seem to think that my problem is that I don't worry enough about school. Then when they get done yelling at me they say, "We just get so worried that you're gonna screw this opportunity up. You really need to spend more time on your homework." I feel like rather than spend more time on my homework, it would be much easier to just jump off a building. But then they would just be more disappointed with me, and I don't want that. I just wish they could accept that I'm not an exceptional college student, and it was unfortunate that I got high SAT scores. They think I have this "aptitude" and I'm just not realizing my full potential, and if I would just put in an OUNCE of effort, I would be excelling. :roll:

Sorry about that, it probably doesn't make any sense but it made me feel a little better about things. :)

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2008, 10:17 am

lovebat wrote:
I think about how I am never going to get the 3.5 GPA that I need this quarter of college because while I can get A's in my classes I'm interested in, I'm never going to get the "B" that I need in my calc class, no matter how much I study and stress out over it. I wish I wasn't trying to stay in such a competitive major program at my school. Then I get lonely because I'm spending my Saturday nights trying to force myself to study derivatives, then stay up all night contemplating what I should do when I get thrown out of my major (which is not calc-based at all). I don't know how I'm gonna tell my parents, and if ever I tell them that I'm struggling and that I should drop the class and try to take it again next quarter, they just yell at me and remind me how much out-of-state tuition is costing. Because that is gonna make me LESS stressed 8O. My older brothers had trouble in school because they were too lazy and didn't care and now my parents seem to think that my problem is that I don't worry enough about school. Then when they get done yelling at me they say, "We just get so worried that you're gonna screw this opportunity up. You really need to spend more time on your homework." I feel like rather than spend more time on my homework, it would be much easier to just jump off a building. But then they would just be more disappointed with me, and I don't want that. I just wish they could accept that I'm not an exceptional college student, and it was unfortunate that I got high SAT scores. They think I have this "aptitude" and I'm just not realizing my full potential, and if I would just put in an OUNCE of effort, I would be excelling. :roll:

Sorry about that, it probably doesn't make any sense but it made me feel a little better about things. :)

I know EXACTLY how you feel right now. Except, my situation is sort of the opposite, and I'm still in high school. Right now I'm worried over whether my average will be high enough to get into the university of my choice, or if I'll have to take courses at college. I think I'd rather take some extra courses at college, just so it will be easier to sit back in university. I'm also supposed to getting better grades, but seeing as how I have to interest in studying, I doubt that's going to happen.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

19 Feb 2008, 11:18 am

SierraBell wrote:
Just wondering if any of you are obsessed with anything...

I'm obsessed with snakes.
Although right now my thought space is being taken up by thinking about what I am going to do with my life.

Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 7:12 pm

Football.

Paladin_Cecil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:55 pm

Elves.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 11:48 pm

What type of elves - little ones or big ones?

Zequr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2008, 9:14 am

What i should do to distract myself that my mind dosen't scream "no!!" to. Habits works best.

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

28 Feb 2008, 1:59 pm

Day-dreaming that I'm a jedi or what I will be when I grow up. (If I grow up)

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 2:45 pm

ayra wrote:
Day-dreaming that I'm a jedi or what I will be when I grow up. (If I grow up)

Yeah, I do that too...

In crowds, I daydream that I have a lightsaber and can jump, slash, cut my way through.

I used to dream of having predator (wolverine) style spikes on my hands, but now it's back to lightsabers.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:16 am

halo 3
jedis
drawing on isometric graph paper
dreading work alot