My parents have p****d me off

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

autisticwhovian
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm

OK, FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME, MY PARENTS KNOW THAT I DO NOT LIKE THINGS TOUCHING ME.

MY DAD WALKS IN, TICKLES ME, BUT HE KNOWS I HATE IT. SO THEN I TELL HIM TO STOP, BUT HE DOES IT AGAIN. THEN, MY MOTHER GETS REALLY DAMN F*****G ANNOYED, AND DECIDES TO MAKE ME SHUT UP. I SAY TO MY MOTHER, "MOM, YOU KNOW THAT I HATE THINGS TOUCHING ME". SHE SLAMS MY LAPTOP DOWN, BREAKS A SMALL PORTION OF KEYS, AND ASKS ME TO STOP. SHE THEN REINFORCES HOW MOODY I AM, YET SHE IS THE ONE WHO MADE ME MOODY. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm

(Thread moved from Autism discussion to the Haven)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

What do you intend to do about the situation?

What do you want us to do?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 2:50 pm

Well, it sure is painful to grow up insisting that no one touches you. Eventually, you may end up finding that you will want people to touch you or comfort you, but they won't. I had to learn that how I appear to others is how they will describe me.
You might not like what I said, but I could have been far more direct and honest with you. I also don't really understand what it is you would like to do about your situation.

autisticwhovian
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2013, 3:45 pm

In reply to Fnord's comment, he knows that I am unable to teach my parents about my aspects of autism personally (he commented on my other post), since they become so f***king dumb and ignorant

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm

In reply to your reply, I re-iterate my questions: What do you intend to do about your situation, and what do you want us to do?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 5:13 pm

Fnord, knock it off - it's the haven . You sometimes seem to have the personability of a pocket calculator.

Poster is allowed to let off steam.

OP, it must be a pain if you don't like being touched. I hope you feel better now.

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 8:13 pm

Looks to me as if your problem has more to do with adolescence than autism.

pleasekillme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2013, 8:27 pm

octobertiger wrote:
Fnord, knock it off - it's the haven . You sometimes seem to have the personability of a pocket calculator.

Poster is allowed to let off steam.

OP, it must be a pain if you don't like being touched. I hope you feel better now.

A pocket calculator is more fun. It says "5318008".

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm

From what I can read and it seems clearly obvious, they seem to have a very little understanding of why it bothers you.
I may not understand fully on this either since I'm not really sensitive in that sense but I do know that the sensory in some areas tend to overload and in your case, it happens to be touch. If it is something that happens repeatedly, day by day, then I could partially see why it would annoy her as you have noted on your post.

May I ask why does your dad do that?

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 11:50 pm

Do your parents even know about your condition?